Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    this is the first time in dota2 pro games that an alch built mek http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/159951014

its two days after your post

support alchemist "became" a thing shortly after your post, mostly in china
    Surely you're aware that Utility alch was used without mek in competitive scrims/pub play before that game? My point is that it's not much of a prediction if you're just band-wagoning with every subreddit on earth who has been talking about the surge of utility alch play during the time that it's happening

One the other hand, we have heroes that have that are making their entrance in several games, enough to be noticed and perhaps picked more often in the future. Visage is an extremely useful tool for a trilane, (FLUFF can vouch for that) as is Vengeful Spirit, who is also a part of early pushing compositions because of her aura. The list is completed by Alchemist (constantly buffed over the last patches, Tiny (Wisp’s second best buddy), Clockwerk (who is becoming a decent offlane option) and Kunkka (whose teamfight potential is beginning to be discovered).
    http://d2htl.wordpress.com/2013/02/1...february-2013/

here's an example of the band-wagoning I was talking about. A month before Keyzz's post. I don't see how something can be a prediction if it is currently in the process of happening.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2014-08-13 at 09:56 PM.

I do not get why zeus isnt played. That hero is damn scary, but we have seen some team pick zeus today in competitive. Fun part he maxed out Q + W instead W + E passive...

If zeus can get 4 spells in a team fight while being around, seriously, who thought that 11% of your HP is a good idea per cast on passive skill. It's damn f**** op and BKB is usually too short.

Zeus too hard to lane. He only gets to last hit with chain and that automatically keeps the lane at enemy tower. Pretty much requires mid to minimize the enemy's ability to take advantage of his auto-pushing and even there he's pretty easy to gank. I'd like to see Zeus higher up and I think he's a great hero but he has very obvious and exploitable weaknesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Static Field is 11% of current HP, not max, and it's magic damage, so it's reduced by MR. Pipe hurts Zeus bad.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think mid Alch is legit as fuck in pubs. You can just stack ancients with acid and farm lane and Bottle Crow to sustain. It allows for ridiculous farm and then you can just run around killing people and unlike when playing Tinker your ancients don't get warded.
    Isn't it mid radiant side than just mid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Sort of. Dire can drop acid on stacked large camps. I don't think it's quite large enough to pull both camps, is it?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's like mid Tinker. Tinker is much worse on Dire compared to Radiant.

I've come to the conclusion the most fun thing about playing Dark Seer to me is hearing all that gold noises from clearing creep waves so far.

Also my last 5 games were victories, I'm scared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone get lothar's on DK instead of blinker? 150 backstab damage is nice but blinker is way better for chasing, escaping, and initiating and it doesn't fall off in value like lothar's does. Can easily use the 1150 gold saved to get that hyperstone or whatever sooner, or put it towards an armlet or even drum to help make up for the lack of stats on blinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, isn't there is a bug that you don't get experience for your illusion/summons killing units when your hero is out of range of getting exp?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why does everyone get lothar's on DK instead of blinker? 150 backstab damage is nice but blinker is way better for chasing, escaping, and initiating and it doesn't fall off in value like lothar's does. Can easily use the 1150 gold saved to get that hyperstone or whatever sooner, or put it towards an armlet or even drum to help make up for the lack of stats on blinker.
    Unless you get DoT effect rolling on you.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you get DoT effect rolling on you.
    How common are those, really? Qop and Axe are the only heroes that I can think of that have really long-duration dots, plus Venomancer... but none of those three are picked very much (and whenever Veno was picked he typically did pretty poorly.)

How common are those, really? Qop and Axe are the only heroes that I can think of that have really long-duration dots, plus Venomancer... but none of those three are picked very much (and whenever Veno was picked he typically did pretty poorly.)
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

But then again, that's pretty much granted already by the fact that it's Doom.

Does it really need to be a long duration though? I would think even Wraith King with his stun/DoT would be enough, because then you should be able to melee them from there to stop them from leaving.

Also Bloodseeker, Blood Rage is a 9 second long DoT/Silence, but lal if he's ever even used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

But then again, that's pretty much granted already by the fact that it's Doom.

Does it really need to be a long duration though? I would think even Wraith King with his stun/DoT would be enough, because then you should be able to melee them from there to stop them from leaving.

Also Bloodseeker, Blood Rage is a 9 second long DoT/Silence, but lal if he's ever even used.
    It's surprisingly easy to get a few seconds free for blink dagger to come back online with just a stun or even a strong slow.

I casually play DOTA 2 if anyone wants to add me on Steam: admielke

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, summons damage counts towards blink dagger block? Then Beastmaster(boar poison+damage), Viper(gale, poison, ult, wards), PL(illusions), Naga(illusions), QoP(dagger), Lone Druid(bear), Axe(hunger), Invoker(molten assholes), Enigma(assholes, stun), Dazzle(poison), Alchemist(huge AoE damage effect), Huskar(spears), Tinker(march), NP(treants), Warlock (DoT? Golems), Doom(Doom, scorched earth), Visage(flying assholes), Dirge(crawling assholes), Chaos knight(illusions), Broodmother(small assholes), Jakiro(fire and free fire), Phoenix(dive through, spirits), Disruptor(thunder strike), BS(ult and silence), Ogre Magi(ignite), Arc warden(Flux), AA(ice blast), Soul Keeper(illusions, reflection), Lycan(invisible assholes),
    And to some degree Spectre, Batrider, Radiance, Pitlord etc
    Also, short long ranged DoTs will do, even if it lasts 4 seconds, last tick of damage will still give you 3 seconds of no-blink time, making it 7 seconds overall

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Doesn't the dps of a DoT have to be higher than 10 or some magic number for it to chew through refraction? At least, liquipedia says the damageblock is only active on damage above 5, while the OoV is 3.

Deleted
    Got my demi heroes at my house atm, will make a great addition to my desk.

And fingers crossed for some golden ones :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Doesn't the dps of a DoT have to be higher than 10 or some magic number for it to chew through refraction? At least, liquipedia says the damageblock is only active on damage above 5, while the OoV is 3.
    You're right (Refraction basically breaks from the same damage that's required to proc Cold Snap), but the post I quoted was about breaking Blink, not Refraction. In this blink oriented meta I'm really surprised OOV isn't bought more often.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    The post I quoted was about breaking Blink, not Refraction. In this blink oriented meta I'm really surprised OOV isn't bought more often.
    Oh, sorry. We were talking about TA refractions for so long it didn't occur to me to check if it had moved elsewhere. Oops.

- - - Updated - - -

And again, my biggest peeve strikes... supports doing absolutely nothing for your lane. Actually, worse than nothing; they're leeching XP. "AFK supporting" make me sad. /sigh