Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Now, let's look at what the meta has been: pushers with strong teamfight and who take fights more often than every 120 seconds. Do you guys see why she struggles to find her place? The meta needs to change or she needs a lineup that can handle this current meta to be viable.
    Spectre isn't the only hero to be sidelined because of the current meta. We'll probably see things shift away from early pushing with the next couple of patches so there's every chance she'll rise in popularity without needing any changes. If/when things do end up more favourable for her, she'll probably come back in along with the likes of Anti-Mage, Medusa and so on.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Medusa's and Anti-Mage's, I think they're both rather fun to see honestly. Especially Medusa.

Nothing tops the hype of a well placed Echo slam though.

Except for Rubrick stealing something like a black hole to reverse a team fight.

Courier feeders and item abusers should be perma banned from dota.

Edit: 35min radiance omni and 35min BF spectr in a single game as their first items. OK. While loosing hard.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-08-17 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Courier feeders and item abusers should be perma banned from dota.

Edit: 35min radiance omni and 35min BF spectr in a single game as their first items. OK.
    What about when people do those two AND abuse abilities? My only abandon was caused by a KoTL who rushed force staff, fed the courier and then proceeded to force staff onto Ward hills and ult to port me to him and leave me there. I got an abandon for inactivity because I quite literally couldn't get off of the hill.

But yeah, I agree.

Deleted
    Best feeling is when you manage to win even though you got a guy intentionally feeding and sending couriers. Happened to me like 3 days ago. That guy started flaming the other team telling them they suck after he realized we were winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Best feeling is when you manage to win even though you got a guy intentionally feeding and sending couriers. Happened to me like 3 days ago. That guy started flaming the other team telling them they suck after he realized we were winning.
    Out of curiosity, assuming it's on one of your other accounts with purposely lower MMR that it happened?
    Just hoping there wouldn't be lame people like that at high MMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What about when people do those two AND abuse abilities?
    If it's Tiny tossing you or something like that, you can always use the Disable Help thing.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    If it's Tiny tossing you or something like that, you can always use the Disable Help thing.
    Yeah, I was informed about it through someone on here afterwards actually, it's a little late for that situation, but great for future reference.

If anything, the lesson learned was "Always carry a TP scroll"....which I still sometimes fail to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Out of curiosity, assuming it's on one of your other accounts with purposely lower MMR that it happened?
    Just hoping there wouldn't be lame people like that at high MMR.
    It was on my main account, which plays in the highest bracket. We were winning the game quite handily to start with before he tried to ruin the game. We shut down their Tinker early game and he sucked anyway (like most Tinkers) so he kept getting caught out.

The guy who later ruined the game DCs like 10-15 min into the game I think. Everyone in our team pause for him but enemy team keep unpausing. He is DCed for like 8-10 minutes. He gets an abandon and reconnects like 2 minutes after. Someone on our team had sold his items. He gets mad because we didn't pause for him (we did). We try to tell him we did pause but he's just mad and flames us. We tell him to leave if he doesn't want to play since he already got the abandon anyway. Instead he decides to be a dick and try to make us lose and runs to enemy base as soon as he respawns. He buys the maximum amount of couriers he can to send to enemy. We still win.

Had the guy not disconnected that game would have been an easy win. With his disconnect it became slightly more difficult but still easy win. With his game ruining the game became interesting and difficult to win.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    You can't disable help for Tiny's Toss. That would be overpowered.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-17 at 02:30 AM.

is it not redundant to buy more than 1 courier? is there still a bounty after the first one is killed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    is it not redundant to buy more than 1 courier? is there still a bounty after the first one is killed?
    After the first one I think only the guy who kills the courier gets gold but at some point it stops giving gold but it's not after the first one.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-17 at 02:37 AM.

It works for Recal, Relocate and them taking your items. I thought it doesn't work on Toss and Nightmare (not sure about the new Snowball) but used it as an example. Not sure what else it does/doesn't work for.

Deleted
    I saw Wagamama's guide about settings and Quick Cast. Holy shit do I see potential in that on heroes like Tinker. Like Hex->Eth->Dagon combos will be so much easier.

Did you just discover it? [;

Problem with quick cast is that on certain abilities it does more harm than good, thus a config for each hero would be nice.

For example Storm Spirit Q with quick cast will screw you over since the ability wont cast untill you move in the place where you have the cursor, instead of casting it normally on top of you like with normal cast.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-08-17 at 08:28 PM.

This is the one thing the game Smite does better, you can select quick cast mid game for a select ability in the spell menu and save it for later.

It'd be nice if they could make it like in WoW, where all your spells are cast at the target you currently have selected. At least for unit targeted spells, like Cold Snap, Lucent Beam, Frostbite etc.

Deleted
    Did you just discover it? [;

Problem with quick cast is that on certain abilities it does more harm than good, thus a config for each hero would be nice.

For example Storm Spirit Q with quick cast will screw you over since the ability wont cast untill you move in the place where you have the cursor, instead of casting it normally on top of you like with normal cast.
    Thus, you have Alt+QWER for normal so just press Alt+Q for Storm. I knew it existed sicne it was released but I never bothered to think about how it can be good on heroes like Tinker or had the effort to relearn everything I know.

Motoric wise adding additional key to combo QWER slows down your reaction quite a lot and takes a precious finger and Ive never been a great SC player with a damn 1231312312312453214123 clicks a minute.

Simplest fail proof but tedious is making macros for all heroes -_- Easiest suggestion made here was to let you bind keys on the fly and let game save it. I would love a way to customize your skill places on the bar. You can change the keybinds from QWER to sth like WQRE but it screw up your eye memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just won a game against a void pro 60 minutes. I'm proud. <3

Deleted
    Motoric wise adding additional key to combo QWER slows down your reaction quite a lot and takes a precious finger and Ive never been a great SC player with a damn 1231312312312453214123 clicks a minute.

Simplest fail proof but tedious is making macros for all heroes -_- Easiest suggestion made here was to let you bind keys on the fly and let game save it. I would love a way to customize your skill places on the bar. You can change the keybinds from QWER to sth like WQRE but it screw up your eye memory.
    I thought about what you said about Storm's Q a bit and it made no sense to me. Because that would apply to Rearm and stuff too. Quick Cast doesn't force non-target spells to suddenly have target function. So I tried it out and Storm's Q works exactly the same with Quick Cast. It casts it normally.

The only weakness of Quick Cast is if you want to aim spells but as Wagamama explained, when you want to aim spells carefully you are rarely in a rush thus you can allow yourself to use Alt+QWER. Spells like those are Lina's stun, Void Chronosphere, Invoker Sunstrike etc.