has any1 tried hots? so much fun, its just pvp
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraTwine View Post
    Omni is a pain. And then the enemy team picks Spectre with him. God forbid. Most annoying combo ever.
    Omni/Spectre is such a weird combo. They have no synergy together whatsoever.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh, it sounds obvious kinda when you put it that way now, so basically it's range is...it's range? Like, it lands on the outer ring of the range limit I guess?

I'll try that next time, thanks! He's actually pretty fun, I just suck with him....like most heroes

Go for a blink dagger on Kunkka, use your torrent and boat combo and then x marks yourself and give em a whack, only lost once with blink dagger so far.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/4466...ion=&duration=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    has any1 tried hots? so much fun, its just pvp
    I want to, but have yet to get access to it. Are people as dickish in it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Yep, people are still dicks.

Its not as bad but there is still a handful.

favourite necro builds everyone? mine is personally (going mid):

atos > treads > blink > aghs > refresh > bkb/shivas (depending)

Deleted
    Why do people pick medusa in pubs ? she requires a gazillion more farm than any other carry to come online and in pubs you wont have people dedicated to stacking camps / ancients for her.
    She gets destroyed by most other hard carries because she only has a single ult to keep her from dying. Even mid game carries like AM / slark stomp her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Why do people pick medusa in pubs ? she requires a gazillion more farm than any other carry to come online and in pubs you wont have people dedicated to stacking camps / ancients for her.
    She gets destroyed by most other hard carries because she only has a single ult to keep her from dying. Even mid game carries like AM / slark stomp her as well.
    I don't consider it that bad, I mean even for in lane Mystic Snake can do crazy damage if you luck out at low levels, but since when did anyone in pubs care about the rest of the team? Well, until you're really high matchmaking maybe.

Deleted
    Even mid game carries like AM / slark stomp her as well.
    This argument doesn't hold much water as antimage might not be the latest carry in the world, but he is pretty much counter pick against medusa.

I personally dislike playing with her though, but I think my issue is a broader one. Very rarely do I see carry player truly playing to the hero's strengths - farming for heroes that need a lot of farm, coming to fights with heroes who have that early to mid game potential, making effective use of jungle, not getting picked off... and with medusa this is pretty much crucial. You can get away with farming a bit more as a slark even if you could become online, you can get away with participating in some fights as AM even though you might like that BF + manta before that, you may die a few times with SF even if it hurts your farm a lot and costs your souls, but when medusa doesn't farm at least something, she is utterly useless. Snake is okayish in early fights, but unless your team does most of the work, you won't do much and if they do most of the work, why the hell aren't you farming instead? I think she is a good hero, very durable late game and scales ridiculously with items. People probably pick her because of the awesome "im six slotted and own the whole enemy team alone" feel when it works out.

TLDR I agree.

Because good luck outlasting Medusa mid Mystic Snake Bottle spam. And because she doesn't require "a gazillion more farm". Power Threads / Aquila / Point Boster / MoM and you dead.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    so far people are friendly (like teaching me what to do and stuff) but I guess at higher lvl people will flame because they want to win. I lost like 2 games and I wanted to flame a guy because he was going around alone and dying. and the game is stack as 5 and do stuff.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    favourite necro builds everyone? mine is personally (going mid):

atos > treads > blink > aghs > refresh > bkb/shivas (depending)
    I prefer basi > treads > mek > force staff (depending on enemy team) > aghanims scepter

Naturally the build will change according to picks and the general state of the game but by and large this is the build I like to go. It gives him much needed armour with the ring and mek while giving him hp via treads and the mek heal which also improves his ability to push towers and increase his team fight potential.

I play him mostly safe lane but I don't really have a real preference. He's one of my favourite carries alongside Spectre and has I believe my highest win rate out of the heroes I regularly pick. As such I'm really happy to see him being picked in competitive play.

My only gripe is that I'm 3.6k and as such a lot of people still consider him a support. Doesn't stop me from carrying in those games, but it makes the first couple minutes annoying where I have to mute people for telling me he's a support and not a carry.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2014-11-11 at 10:44 PM.

I also like to safelane him, I usually go x2 ring of prot (ee build ) 1 into basi, treads ->atos-> blink->aghs / bkb/ refresher sometimes i get mek but meh death pulse do the job usually.
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes i get mek but meh death pulse do the job usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also like to safelane him, I usually go x2 ring of prot (ee build ) 1 into basi, treads ->atos-> blink->aghs / bkb/ refresher sometimes i get mek but meh death pulse do the job usually.
    Why 2 RoP's if you aren't gonna tranqs? If you want armor go early basi into helm of iron will, can expand into veil or armlet (troll build.)

Been working through my LPQ games (whee, valve servers) playing troll. Right now I think it's two ways... either go basi->vlad's as first major item, or aquila->drums, depending on teams. Vlad's is good but I think it's only really worth it if you have melee heroes to benefit from it. Otherwise Drums are really nice for him... even with treads you'll have like 415ms by lvl 10 if you max Q second.

Build Diffusal Blade, then build Halberd.

I'm not really sure what I'd do if I was building him as a carry. SnY into BKB, I guess. But I feel like he's more useful as a semi-support rather than a carry. Even with his high ms he's super easy to kite in circles and even with the bonus armor he always feels pretty squishy.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2014-11-12 at 02:11 AM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

my troll build is PMS > phase > hotd > yasha > bkb > blink and i start with tango, salve, shield.

my necro build is tango, salve, 2x RoP and go basi > atos > treads > blink > aghs > refresh (disassemble basi here) > bkb/shivas as i said

doing a "new" omni build as offlane:

start with boots/tangos/mana pot (get pooled 1-2 tangos) and go brown boots > soul ring > euls > blink > aghs

thoughts on the omni build?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why 2 RoP's if you aren't gonna tranqs? If you want armor go early basi into helm of iron will, can expand into veil or armlet (troll build.)
    because that's useless and 2 RoP is the new meta xD. every hero becomes ogre (aka immortal).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

Been working through my LPQ games (whee, valve servers) playing troll. Right now I think it's two ways... either go basi->vlad's as first major item, or aquila->drums, depending on teams. Vlad's is good but I think it's only really worth it if you have melee heroes to benefit from it. Otherwise Drums are really nice for him... even with treads you'll have like 415ms by lvl 10 if you max Q second.
    you get vlads if you gonna secure roshan, if there are meeles or not it doesnt matter, the aura is really good.

I like getting crit on him, something like phase vlads syy crit if i dont need bkb, blink is awesome (like in any hero lmao)
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-11-12 at 03:49 AM.
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broodmother is still crazy good. Haste rune plus regen bonuses anytime she's in web, quick fade time. So many people play her wrong and skip her ridiculous passive until later in the game, I can't imagine her losing her lane if you put points into it early. Glad that hero ain't in CM right now... she's such a fuckin mess. At this point I almost think webs should be destroyable targets with invisibility or something for the sheer benefits they give her, especially since they're permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Because good luck outlasting Medusa mid Mystic Snake Bottle spam. And because she doesn't require "a gazillion more farm". Power Threads / Aquila / Point Boster / MoM and you dead.
    phase>aquila>divine
    gg your team is forced to hug you until the end