Diffusal blade was recommended when I looked. So is manta style >_>

I don't remember when the Slithice changes happened, it was some patches ago...they replaced her crit with tidal wave and they changed her ult to follow her around instead of just being a one shot hit on anyone in cast range. In my opinion, the removal of skill based crit turned her from a great carry into an average hybrid. Pretty much every good carry has built in attack modifiers, now Slithice has nothing. Images, sure, -armor you could even argue (though the animation in dota1 was way too long for a melee carry), but none of that is really hard damage.

Would rather have Medusa, honestly. Mana shield by itself beats Slithice :x

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Diffusal blade was recommended when I looked. So is manta style >_>

I don't remember when the Slithice changes happened, it was some patches ago...they replaced her crit with tidal wave and they changed her ult to follow her around instead of just being a one shot hit on anyone in cast range. In my opinion, the removal of skill based crit turned her from a great carry into an average hybrid. Pretty much every good carry has built in attack modifiers, now Slithice has nothing. Images, sure, -armor you could even argue (though the animation in dota1 was way too long for a melee carry), but none of that is really hard damage.

Would rather have Medusa, honestly. Mana shield by itself beats Slithice :x
    Defusal is core, but manta isn't its only "situational". also you must have posted before my edits.

Yes, seems I did =p
    Manta/diffusal separation was a loooong time ago...they realized it was way too powerful when even AM was stronger skipping his passive and getting manta instead.

And they certainly made Razor more of a caster and less of a hard carry. You've been gone a long time, huh =p
    Lina still has hers - it's built into her spells and even gives her movespeed now.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-07-19 at 10:58 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, seems I did =p
    Manta/diffusal separation was a loooong time ago...they realized it was way too powerful when even AM was stronger skipping his passive and getting manta instead.

And they certainly made Razor more of a caster and less of a hard carry. You've been gone a long time, huh =p
    Lina still has hers - it's built into her spells and even gives her movespeed now.
    Yeah I wanna say those changes were in like 2009 back when I played DotA1.
    I agree with the fact that Slithice's revamp is odd. I really think the Crit was better for her, she seems like more of a ganker than a carry now.

Deleted
    I remember reading threads about how "imba" she is now in the SEA competitive scene as some kind of hybrid pusher/ganker in the past few months

Net is extremely powerful, and her images are very good. I just don't see too much of a place for her in team fights, however, there is no doubt that she can easily solo push a lane all the way to base and then just ult/destroy base/teleport out when you go to defend.

Deleted

Should I give up yet? I seriously don't know how you get over the ridiculous complexity and retarded players in this game.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Should I give up yet? I seriously don't know how you get over the ridiculous complexity and retarded players in this game.
    Just play your own game, without those players. They all look TERRIBLE. If you go to the Play tab, you can create your own lobby with empty spots being bots.
    And complexity goes away after playing for a while and reading through guides and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Just play your own game, without those players. They all look TERRIBLE. If you go to the Play tab, you can create your own lobby with empty spots being bots.
    And complexity goes away after playing for a while and reading through guides and such.
    There's a problem with that - even the unfair bots suck at doing what you want them to do, and they're amusingly unintelligent (although there's no such thing as perfection - it'd be impossible to create a perfect bot system, and Dota 2's is fine enough already), so he'd likely be better off with co-op.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lFqdRl.jpg

I'm going to say it again - queue. with. other. people. Not myself necessarily, but you've got Zefie, Mir (now that I've given him a beta key) and, with some luck, Enze. Even queueing with one person severely reduces the chances of having such a headache-inducing game.

Past that, just start queueing for normal (PvP) games and hope for the best. You're good enough to start doing it.

The complexity is easy to bypass, and even if you don't find it easy experience should quickly cover that up. Give it time. How do you think I felt back when I switched from the occasional 2v2 and 3v3 DotA match to HoN? Laugh at HoN all you want, but I had to learn a whole lot of stuff because I could no longer afford to not be serious about my play.

As for me, I may be looking to start playing again. I haven't touched the original DotA since the Batrider patch, and I never really played that seriously (just the occasional 2v2 and 3v3 with friends as I previously mentioned), though I have played a good deal of HoN and some LoL since then. Is there anything major that I should know about, or should I just keep my mouth shut and start practicing again?
    Last edited by Coffer; 2012-07-20 at 02:48 AM.

Deleted
    (picture)

Just keep trying and you will get it soon ( you got the best score in that game so u might be ready for a real match). Try to play with bots instead as some of the other people u play with might be their first game vs bots ^^

To play with only bots just create your own game and maybe you can invite some of your friends into that game if they have a beta key :P.

Also i can see on that pic u got a shadow blade on sniper, i do not think its a good item on him as it is easy to counter, try to look up some item builds for heroes.

Also you could try your luck and head straight into a full pvp match with 9 other people and hope for the best. The worst thing that might happen is that they just rage on you and then u can either ask them for help or just ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Played Rubick for the first time last night in my last game of the night... decent hero, but I don't like him at all.
    I love him. Tons of versatility, he can be played as a farm taker or pure support, and Telekinesis is definitely one of the best abilities in the game.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Won 10 of my last 11 games, pretty happy. Had a lot of fun last game of the night, Leoric with Armlet and Bfury, won before I could pick up any more items. Was getting my BKB though.

Also liked smashing a Rhasta who sat there yelling "TARASH(trash, i guess?) LOLOLOLOLOL" for the first 20 minutes of the game, and talked about how "gaped your anus will be just watch."

They lost pretty hardcore. Lol.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2012-07-20 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    you've got Zefie, Mir (now that I've given him a beta key) and, with some luck, Enze.
    And Lysah! Even if he hates me for no reason. I'm not sure if I'd want to queue with me if I was learning the game, it's sort of sink or swim. But Zefie learned fast!

Deleted
    It has more active abilities, more fast-paced, harder imo

10+ Year Old Account
    And Lysah! Even if he hates me for no reason. I'm not sure if I'd want to queue with me if I was learning the game, it's sort of sink or swim. But Zefie learned fast!
    Yeah, I wanted to mention you as well but, as you said, Alai doesn't want to add you for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glassbox View Post
    It has more active abilities, more fast-paced, harder imo
    More active items is the big thing. From what I remember, nearly all of LoL's items were passive. Most of DotA's best items are all activated and knowing WHEN to activate them is a big part of the game.

To be fair, though, I'd shit my knickers if DotA got a hero like Galio. LoL does a lot of stuff wrong as far as I'm concerned, but I have to admit they have some pretty clever and fun heroes.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Yeah, I wanted to mention you as well but, as you said, Alai doesn't want to add you for some reason.
    Would it be ok if I add you people too? I've played some games with Zefie, but am at fieldwork at the moment, meaning I don't have time for DotA. However...the fieldseason is ending next weekend and after that I'll have more time to play.

I'm decent/good at LoL and learning the ropes in DotA, so I won't be feeding much (at least at my current DotA level), however, I also won't be carrying much (:
    Mostly looking to play with fun players that play the game to have fun (of course also to win, but not at the cost of fun).

They really need to add the mentor system or unranked matches for this =/

I'd be happy to play with newer players and help teach them stuff but queueing with me is going to put you against people who have been playing for 5+ years and you won't have a good time. I always want to jump in when people are looking for others to play with and say "I'll play with you!" but then I remember it wouldn't be any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Would it be ok if I add you people too? I've played some games with Zefie, but am at fieldwork at the moment, meaning I don't have time for DotA. However...the fieldseason is ending next weekend and after that I'll have more time to play.

I'm decent/good at LoL and learning the ropes in DotA, so I won't be feeding much (at least at my current DotA level), however, I also won't be carrying much (:
    Mostly looking to play with fun players that play the game to have fun (of course also to win, but not at the cost of fun).
    add me if you wish but I don't play in US servers.

Kintantee

10+ Year Old Account
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...94FA7DBFD0969/

2/18 Dazzle talks shit about his team and everyone else. Sure, he has 15 assists, but having been in that game, he got most of those assists by throwing out one little heal or a Weave right before he died, and with only one exception, they didn't amount to anything.

He gave up first blood to Spectre and me up top because he tried to trade shots with me when I had double damage, at like 0:10 into the game. He dies and immediately talks shit ("lol, dd") and then begins blaming his Morphling partner for not suiciding with him. If Morphling attacked... yeah, they probably could've killed me, but Morphling would've died to Spectre and she'd get an easy 600 gold before the first minute is up.

Dazzle was also directly responsible for a lot of lost kills for his team... he'd run in like an idiot and have to Shallow Grave himself out. I'd steal Shallow Grave and suddenly that BM or Siren's getting away with 20 HP left.

Also, apparently Rubick can steal Morphling's stat morph skills, and even if you die and lose the skills, the stat morphs remain. Was pretty funny running around with basically no Agility and tons of STR all game.