10+ Year Old Account
    Still, it's not something i was expecting from an Oracle hero. I still think that a wise old looking man is more suitable for an Oracle, than some sort of psyker-alien dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Been practicing/learning Naga a bit lately. For mid Naga bottle is pretty much a must pick, but would you guys consider getting it in safelane as well? I found myself running out of mana pretty often (even with Aquila), especially if safelane goes bad and you're reduced to jungle. I've also seen some pros pick it up in pubs and then bottlecrow like crazy.

As for mid/late, as in after Radiance/BoTs/Manta would you guys go for Heart, Skadi or the newly praised Octarine Core?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Still, it's not something i was expecting from an Oracle hero. I still think that a wise old looking man is more suitable for an Oracle, than some sort of psyker-alien dude
    The problem is a wise old man would probably look very similar to KotL. Being a weird alien does put him more in line with other time and future themed heroes like Faceless Void and Weaver, so I can see where they were going with it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Been practicing/learning Naga a bit lately. For mid Naga bottle is pretty much a must pick, but would you guys consider getting it in safelane as well? I found myself running out of mana pretty often (even with Aquila), especially if safelane goes bad and you're reduced to jungle. I've also seen some pros pick it up in pubs and then bottlecrow like crazy.

As for mid/late, as in after Radiance/BoTs/Manta would you guys go for Heart, Skadi or the newly praised Octarine Core?
    I probably wouldn't get a bottle for the safe lane. Chances are your team mates are going to be hogging both the runes and the courier for the early part of the game, so refilling it would be a problem. Early game you could, perhaps, consider a medallion if you keep having mana issues. Its got some nice mana regen and the armour reduction can work out well for you. It is very inexpensive but it will delay a radiance unless you can make it pay by getting some kills with it. But a support with Arcane Boots is probably better than both.

Mid-late, Diffusal is always worth considering for Illusion Heroes, especially if you have a Manta too. And so are Daedalus, Butterfly and all the other usual carry items.
    I'm not really sure why you'd want to get Octarine Core though. The health and mana are nice, but you're not going to be getting much out of the Spell Lifesteal and the cooldown reduction, and you're not getting much of what you want from the items build up either. I could understand it if you could spawn more than one set of illusions with it, but it brings the cooldown to 30 seconds, the same as the duration.
    A Heart would be a much better choice in my opinion, it gives over 1000 health to both you and your illusions, making both much more durable. Skadi is great too, but just be aware that it shares the orb slot with Diffusal so don't get both.

diffusal stacks with skadi since 6.83

Heart over skadi over octarine core imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The problem is a wise old man would probably look very similar to KotL. Being a weird alien does put him more in line with other time and future themed heroes like Faceless Void and Weaver, so I can see where they were going with it at least.

I probably wouldn't get a bottle for the safe lane. Chances are your team mates are going to be hogging both the runes and the courier for the early part of the game, so refilling it would be a problem. Early game you could, perhaps, consider a medallion if you keep having mana issues. Its got some nice mana regen and the armour reduction can work out well for you. It is very inexpensive but it will delay a radiance unless you can make it pay by getting some kills with it. But a support with Arcane Boots is probably better than both.

Mid-late, Diffusal is always worth considering for Illusion Heroes, especially if you have a Manta too. And so are Daedalus, Butterfly and all the other usual carry items.
    I'm not really sure why you'd want to get Octarine Core though. The health and mana are nice, but you're not going to be getting much out of the Spell Lifesteal and the cooldown reduction, and you're not getting much of what you want from the items build up either. I could understand it if you could spawn more than one set of illusions with it, but it brings the cooldown to 30 seconds, the same as the duration.
    A Heart would be a much better choice in my opinion, it gives over 1000 health to both you and your illusions, making both much more durable. Skadi is great too, but just be aware that it shares the orb slot with Diffusal so don't get both.
    Octarine Core also reduces cooldowns on items. Reduction on song and boots of travel means it's basically impossible to push against a Naga with OC and Radiance.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Naga with magno core gets near permanent uptime on mirror image.
    Heart is best, imo. You need to be able to regen up to full after tanking enemy pokes and wave clears late game, otherwise you will get harassed to half health and have to stop pushing and back off because your illusions are down to 1400 health and die to one nuke already.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post

The case with OC on Naga is the perma illusions which is always nice, while they also heal themselves. In fights you would get pretty decent hp regen (around 40hp/s I think) with Radiance burning on multiple heroes. Cooldown reduction on other abilities including items (like BoTs) is not something to overlook either. Let's not forget about the much needed mana regen as well. The bad part about it is that it doesn't provide as much raw hp.

I have yet to build it but it's said to be pretty legit.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Additionally, Octarine Core also gives 100% uptime on illusions. The CD reduction makes the duration of the illusions and the cooldown of the spell identical...

Octarine on naga is sick, it makes it even easier to solo the game. The enemy team cant even leave the base and you don't even need to directly fight ever which is why i also prefer skadi since it gives similar hp to heart but also agi. Though i suggest people who don't really know how to play naga should skip octarine and just go manta>heart/skadi and fight.

octarine on naga is op as fuck, just go radi-travel-octarine and farm mmr. its ridiculous, then u get manta diffusal and bfly

you always get bottle- aquila/basi- bottle-boots-shout/pms-qb and u can jungle (also can get rune)+lane creeps til radi
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-06-04 at 04:23 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

All the mentioned items are good on naga..... except who ever suggested deadalus.

Deadalus isnt bad :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    All the mentioned items are good on naga..... except who ever suggested deadalus.
    https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/lina/items

Lina with Daedalus or MKB wins 66% of her games!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Deadalus isnt bad :O
    Yeah, daedalus is good on literally any hero as long as you can afford it
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

deadalus on illusion heroes just means trash mmr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen the same argument about Radiance about illusion heroes "the aura is neglectable, your illusions don't benefit from +damage you dummy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go Leshrac core... buh-bye illusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Just go Leshrac core... buh-bye illusions.
    Yep, that's why an arguments like "daedalus/rapier/phase boots/mkb is bad for illusion heroes because illusions don't benefit from it" is slippery slope. Your illusions is not the only thing that makes your hero good, and illusions are (often) neglectable source of your damage.

It's also worth noting that illusions still gain from items like daedalus and mkb. While they don't get the bonus damage or bash, they still get things like crit and true-strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    diffusal stacks with skadi since 6.83
    Does it? I guess you do learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Additionally, Octarine Core also gives 100% uptime on illusions. The CD reduction makes the duration of the illusions and the cooldown of the spell identical...
    So I'm aware. Do you really need to have them up all the time though? I usually find that a 40 sec CD is totally fine for me. Though I suppose it does depend how you want to play her, she can work well as a ganker with Ensnare and high damage, her ult can be a strong teamfight skill when used well and Ensnare can lock down high priority targets through BKB. In both of those cases a 40 sec CD is fine most of the time. If you want to split-push all day then you may need them to be available more often, but I again I usually find that one set of Illusions is enough to at least push to the tower with them being ready again by the time I've TPed and moved to start pushing another lane. Your mileage may vary.

I'd still prefer a Heart over it though, it gives you much more durability that you and your illusions badly need, as well as an easy way to recover from any damage you take should the other team catch you pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    That would be me. Your Illusions still get the critical strike, which can give them a nice little damage improvement, not to mention its a great way to scale your overall hero damage if you're building for that. It may not be the best item for Naga, but it certainly has its place.