I'm currently trying out my new CM Storm QuickFire TK (Cherry Mx Blue).
    Kind of neat so far.
    The breathing mode for the Backlighting flickers if I don't watch it directly. Kind of annoying. The WASD-lighting mode is, on the other hand, extremely annoying. But then again, that's because I'm an ESDF:er, not a WASD:er.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I thought this page was an april fools joke.
    I thought so too, but it's a real thing it seems, and yes those boards are sexy.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    How are your neighbours digging it?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I thought so too, but it's a real thing it seems, and yes those boards are sexy.
    I was more referring to the hilariously bad marketing on that page. MOAR GOLD PLATING LAG FPS POLLING RATES

On another note, bought myself a new soundcard to replace the audigy SE, a Xonar D1.
    And in the process of ordering a new speakerset, Audioengine A5+ to replace the x-230's.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-04-03 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I was more referring to the hilariously bad marketing on that page. MOAR GOLD PLATING LAG FPS POLLING RATES
    Yeah, I noticed that too.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted
    Kind of neat so far.
    The breathing mode for the Backlighting flickers if I don't watch it directly. Kind of annoying. The WASD-lighting mode is, on the other hand, extremely annoying. But then again, that's because I'm an ESDF:er, not a WASD:er.
    Does the light 'leak' as much as pictures have me believe? (As in, light getting out underneath the keys effectively lightning up the.. area underneath your keys.)

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Static absolutely builds up in plastic. Using a plastic extension from a vacuum cleaner to clean the inside of your PC is never recommended.

We're getting offtopic folks, if you want to discuss cleaning out the interior of your PC, please start a new thread or use the chat thread.
    Bad guy Noteworthynerd! Joins in then tells us off! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    Does the light 'leak' as much as pictures have me believe? (As in, light getting out underneath the keys effectively lightning up the.. area underneath your keys.)
    Do you mean whether they bounce off of the 'backplate'? That, it does. It doesn't look as tacky as on the images though. The blue backlighting is rather nice on lowest in the dark and on highest during the lighter portions of the day.

Deleted
    prelude to fun;

Deleted
    Do you mean whether they bounce off of the 'backplate'? That, it does. It doesn't look as tacky as on the images though. The blue backlighting is rather nice on lowest in the dark and on highest during the lighter portions of the day.
    Alright, I'll have to see one in action some day.

@Shroudster: Where'd you buy that thermal paste? I assume you did your research, and I want good paste, so I'm going to blindly follow you. (Anything special to it? I read about high end pastes having metal parts or whatever. )

Btw, anyone hit the lottery lately? I'd very much like a 1.6TB SSD Disk. Cheers!

Edit.

@Shroudster: Nvm, pricewatch to the rescue.
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-04 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    i started overclocking with this paste and it turned out to be a very good one in the end aswell
    9/10 times i order my stuff from alternate since they are close by incase of rma and offer good service.
    the true high end stuff is some tiny sheet of different alloys iirc. (it is intended to melt and create the best heat transfer solution. (they cost a couple of 100's though)
    also since it's my last day of the 2600k im currently forcing it to run 3dmark13 at 5,1

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, during my school-minor we're working on a robot. Had to build a computer for the rover we're gonna use to run the labview vision software.
    I took the oppertunity to buy a streacom FC8 Evo Case. I gotta say, those streacom cases are awesome. I installed a i3-3220T, when running 3Dmark etc it got to about 52-56deg max @ room temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    also since it's my last day of the 2600k im currently forcing it to run 3dmark13 at 5,1
    Are you upgrading it? At how much vcore it's hitting for 5.1GHz? :P

Deleted
    Plugged in my new TV to my HDMI port and Windows Aero completely stops working. I've tried everything short of a registry hack to force it to work, but to no avail. When I run the "Troubleshoot Guide" it says "Your graphics card does not support Aero". I reckon it has to do with a setting or bug in CCC or simply a driver incompatibility issue.

Unplugging the TV and restarting the computer fixes the issue, but I want to have it plugged in at all times. As soon as I plug it in Aero gets turned off. I did not have this issue with my previous TV.

Any ideas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Are you upgrading it? At how much vcore it's hitting for 5.1GHz? :P
    1,5 (max temp of 74 degrees isn't that bad though)
    http://www.3dmark.com/fs/341202
    aye wanna try to hit some top 10 ranking. (assuming my 3770k clocks pretty damm good)
    also curious to find out the exact details on pci-e 2.0 vs 3.0. (shouldn't be much difference but with the clocks im running on my gpu every % counts )

I just OCed my CPU for the first time. I always wanted to do it, and I attempted to do it on my last computer but it was a prebuilt and the bios were locked. I've had a custom computer for about 7-8 months with a i5-3570k, and didn't OC it right away just to make sure it worked fine with factory settings, and then I just kinda forgot about it.

I didn't take it very far compared to what some people do with it, it's at 4.2ghz, so I didn't have to mess with any extra settings, and I don't trust my cooler enough to go further. It's maxed at 80 degrees so far, and I've got prime95 running...it all seems good so far.

Then I think tomorrow I think I'm gonna do this to my Aivia Osmium...if I can remember to stop by Lowes after work.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2013-04-05 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Plugged in my new TV to my HDMI port and Windows Aero completely stops working. I've tried everything short of a registry hack to force it to work, but to no avail. When I run the "Troubleshoot Guide" it says "Your graphics card does not support Aero". I reckon it has to do with a setting or bug in CCC or simply a driver incompatibility issue.

Unplugging the TV and restarting the computer fixes the issue, but I want to have it plugged in at all times. As soon as I plug it in Aero gets turned off. I did not have this issue with my previous TV.

Any ideas?
    I've had that happen with win7 before and I was in the same situation as yourself, though it stopped completely when I upgraded to windows 8 so I dont really know what fixed it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I just OCed my CPU for the first time. I always wanted to do it, and I attempted to do it on my last computer but it was a prebuilt and the bios were locked. I've had a custom computer for about 7-8 months with a i5-3570k, and didn't OC it right away just to make sure it worked fine with factory settings, and then I just kinda forgot about it.

I didn't take it very far compared to what some people do with it, it's at 4.2ghz, so I didn't have to mess with any extra settings, and I don't trust my cooler enough to go further. It's maxed at 80 degrees so far, and I've got prime95 running...it all seems good so far.

Then I think tomorrow I think I'm gonna do this to my Aivia Osmium...if I can remember to stop by Lowes after work.
    80 Celsius seems very high for 4.2GHz... what cooler are you using? Case? Voltage?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    1,5 (max temp of 74 degrees isn't that bad though)
    If I would get 74 degrees at 1.5 volts I'd be able to frickin go all out on my chip. Sadface. Good luck with the new cpu mate! I'm real curious what my chip does when I smash 1.5v in it now... hmmm...

Just bought the NT-H1 paste for 10 euros incl shipping. Will see what difference in temp I get vs the CM stuff that came with my dark rock pro. Here's to hoping for a few degrees profit!

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    80 Celsius seems very high for 4.2GHz... what cooler are you using? Case? Voltage?
    Locked bios so I would assume mb regulated voltages. I'm gonna put my money on it giving a bit too much voltage to stay stable, resulting in insane temps. I am curious what cpu cooler he is using, however.
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-05 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    you do know a 1,5Vcore is borderline frying it for a sandy bridge right? (an ivy would be roasted past 1,4 i think)
    dunno how big the temp difference will be but every degree matters if ivy runs that hot compared to sandy.
    as for the 4,2Ghz i'd say stock cooler + auto voltage likely.

edit: crap just checked the T&T code and delivery got changed to saturday
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-04-05 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    you do know a 1,5Vcore is borderline frying it for a sandy bridge right? (an ivy would be roasted past 1,4 i think)
    Aye, considering I'm getting up to ~84c on core1 (which is always the highest, poor core) at 1.245+0.04, I wouldn't dare going above 1.35.