10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    more like that the new titan cooler outperforms whatever cooler was on a 560Ti
    Make sure you say stock 560Ti :P

Nobody can really argue with the fact that the Titan/780 stock coolers are superior to any stock cooler before those. A lot of attention has been given to design and quality materials, I daresay we're seeing the pinnacle of blower design. Before this blowers were known to be both loud and inefficient (looking at you EVGA and AMD >_>).

Hmm having a real tough time deciding whether I should just buy 780 Windforce now or wait for 780 DCII...now that Gigabyte started paying attention to aesthetics, christ it's so tempting. But then 780 DCII is bound to come with a sexy backplate, I love backplates...
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-06-02 at 04:45 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Make sure you say stock 560Ti :P

Nobody can really argue with the fact that the Titan/780 stock coolers are superior to any stock cooler before those. A lot of attention has been given to design and quality materials, I daresay we're seeing the pinnacle of blower design. Before this blowers were known to be both loud and inefficient (looking at you EVGA and AMD >_>).

Hmm having a real tough time deciding whether I should just buy 780 Windforce now or wait for 780 DCII...now that Gigabyte started paying attention to aesthetics, christ it's so tempting. But then 780 DCII is bound to come with a sexy backplate, I love backplates...
    i feel your pain.
    im likely just picking whatever i can get my hands on first for my 780's , either DC2 top, windforce 3x OC edition or classifieds
    looks come second to performance for me.
    however i still wonder what kind of sacrifice the dark gods need in order to assure a pair of 1200+ 24/7 chips

... So!
    Are there any waterblocks for de-lidded Haswell/Ivy Bridge? I assume the latter will work on the former.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    ... So!
    Are there any waterblocks for de-lidded Haswell/Ivy Bridge? I assume the latter will work on the former.
    Yes http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/cpu-...cy-acetal.html but you need this addon as well http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremac...naked-ivy.html

You can or have to keep the die naked.

Deleted
    or mod a bracket yourself from any of the AIO watercooling solutions out there. (kinda risky though)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And this, I say, is not true. DirectCu II, especially the dual slot ones, are really overrated.
    Sapphire, Gigabyte, KFA2 and even some of the strange AMD-ones (clubjoker et c) are better. Even MSI, if it were ever to you know, work.
    Boy... I remember when you loved the DC2 coolers... what happened? :O
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I think he bought one

10+ Year Old Account
    So... My 680 kinda... died. I got a lemon. Yay. Oh well, one year warranty ftw i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So... My 680 kinda... died. I got a lemon. Yay. Oh well, one year warranty ftw i guess.
    Get new GPU.
    Take back to store for refund/store credit.
    Use towards 780/770.
    ???
    Profit!!!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get new GPU.
    Take back to store for refund/store credit.
    Use towards 780/770.
    ???
    Profit!!!
    Ha, well right now I'm getting my 680 RMA'd. It's beefy enough and I honestly don't have the extra money, even if I returned the 680 for a refund to get a 780. Or 770 for that matter. Not even a GTX Titan.

But as I said, I'll stick with the 680 for at least 2-3 year. I mean, my last GPU was a 5730 so I usually make the best of what I got

I think I had one of my first stints of buyer's obliviousness. "I have it so it must be good!"

In seriousness, I grew further dissatisfied as my experience and relationship with the card progressed. I still had it for 1.5 years, after all. I mean, they are good, but they leave so much else to be desired. It also broke my PCI-E clip on the motherboard. :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 06:37 AM ----------

Also! mmm, food.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post21325412

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the 680s launched for more than the 770s are.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 04:53 AM ----------

I think I had one of my first stints of buyer's obliviousness. "I have it so it must be good!"

In seriousness, I grew further dissatisfied as my experience and relationship with the card progressed. I still had it for 1.5 years, after all. I mean, they are good, but they leave so much else to be desired. It also broke my PCI-E clip on the motherboard. :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 06:37 AM ----------

Also! mmm, food.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post21325412
    I've been noticing that I no longer can be 100% satisfied with any single piece of computer hardware.

I ultimately chose the MSI Z77 MPower because Shroudster was pushing me to get it and the rest of the regulars were silent as can be on Facebook. Like. Okay guys. If you want me to just go ahead and get this... :P

I have my problems with the MPower, but I have other problems with other boards.

"Oh, less phases. Less SATA. More SATA but less of X. Ugly but better features. Looks good but no features. Great this, bad that."

Ya'know?

Them burgers look mighty fine delicious.
    "A flower.

I've been noticing that I no longer can be 100% satisfied with any single piece of computer hardware.
    And this is one of the points I've been pressing for so long. There are no perfect solutions. People can praise things as great as they like, but if they are 100% positive, I don't find the information provided credible.
    So welcome to my world!

The Z77 Mpower is probably the motherboard I'm most happy with on paper. I've never been hands-on with one.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is one of the points I've been pressing for so long. There are no perfect solutions. People can praise things as great as they like, but if they are 100% positive, I don't find the information provided credible.
    So welcome to my world!

The Z77 Mpower is probably the motherboard I'm most happy with on paper. I've never been hands-on with one.
    It looks pretty nice in person, I must admit. Loads up very quickly, and the GO2BIOS button is just fantastic, I really appreciate it. Though if I want to use it I have to open up the case, sucks there isn't a way to just hit the button in like the MSI Control Center (or maybe there is?) and get the same effect.

Overclocking with it is actually more of a PITA than with the ASUS P8P67 B3, oddly enough. And it gives me a whopping 3 options for CPU fan speeds. -.-

50%. 75%. 100%.

Come ON MSI...
    "A flower.

There are no perfect solutions.
    Sure there is! Powertools can fix everything!

15+ Year Old Account

That happened to me too. :< Fortunately I was able to take one of the clips from lower PCI slot and replace it with that.. It still won't "clip" in but it slides all the way to the end and somewhat holds the card on spot. Oh well.

Also I just realized that the occasional crashing problems I've had with WoW are probably (most likely) related to the CPU overclock. Had to kick it down a few notch.. Starting to think more and more about haswell+motherboard upgrade.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    So welcome to my world!

I can't disagree with this. Basically every part I've owned has SOMETHING not great about it.

I think the only piece of hardware I was ever almost 100% completely satisfied with was my old ABit NF7-S board.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Abit motherboards were awesome! Well, some.
    RIP!
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    That board has a 95%+ 4+ star feedback on Newegg....a MOTHERBOARD...no fking way...what the hell was it made out of??

Or have mobo standards in general really slipped so far since then? Nowadays it's a rarity to see more than ~50% positive feedback on motherboards, easily the highest failure rates short of OCZ SSD's :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    "They don't make ____________ like they used to."

Feel free to put ANYTHING in that blank space. It's 99.999999% guaranteed true.
    "A flower.