10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even try.

That's my advice, from personal experience. :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Truth be told, sometimes I want to murder someone in this very forum as well, when one of those weekly "why does my PC lag in WoW" thread's pop up. I've decided to mostly ignore them since high blood pressure and this heat might literally kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    Ugh...

Does anyone get into arguments about computer hardware on non-computer forums and just want to murder everyone there? I got into it on /r/osugame, where they were saying it would be dumb to buy a wireless mouse because of the latency, but they completely ignored the fact that the VAST majority of players play with wireless pens on their tablets... And some guy had the audacity to bring up a monitor's refresh rate and the delay it adds, but offered no alternatives, and rejected my claim that it was generally a constant across the board. (I made it very clear that response times and refresh rates would have an influence, but there would always be delay from the monitor and it's something people would have to live with.) He then went on to tell me he felt an enormous difference when he played with uncapped fps (Which is true, but only for certain games; specifically Unreal Engine games.) and that he felt the difference even when he turned Aero off. (If he's running on a potato this may make sense.) Yet I got downvoted into oblivion.

I've been playing competitive games for years now. I've been active in Computer-related communities for well over 5 years. I'm not saying my arguments are infallible, but to blatantly ignore what I'm saying still irritates me.

/vent
    Such forums have people who are living in the past, what was once true and what was generally accepted as the norm still carries the banner of truth et c.
    Reddit isn't a useful forum to use as a forum, because popular opinions are the ones that win out. Ignorant or not. It's useful for many other things, but that is not one.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I WILL say, is that turning Aero off will speed things up, even on newer computers. It makes things a bit snappier.

This is potentially from the fact that instead of the computer taking the time to do a little animation, it just goes immediately to the finish line, so to speak.

In video games? Yeah, only would make a difference on an actually old system, so his point is moot.

Well put, evn, well put.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    my poor work laptop, this is any average day:

and i don't even have the XP vm running for working on preventias :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I bet it's better than the Core 2 Duo with 3GB of RAM I use at work.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Truth be told, sometimes I want to murder someone in this very forum as well, when one of those weekly "why does my PC lag in WoW" thread's pop up. I've decided to mostly ignore them since high blood pressure and this heat might literally kill me.
    Haha this, tho its hard to resist sometimes

Click for bigger image.

That was my old 2008-ish MacBook Pro's battery. I think it was about time to get a new one, don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I have to agree with Caleb (his PMs to me about Corsair selling out)...

My old Corsair K90 keyboard still has all the LEDs on the keyboard working. More than 2 years later.

The K70 Caleb sent me a number of months back? (Mind you the K70 is much younger!) Well, it already has been having several LEDs going out... Literally a few weeks ago it was one key, now I count 6 keys, with a dim F10... -.-

Really quite lame.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So, I have to agree with Caleb (his PMs to me about Corsair selling out)...

My old Corsair K90 keyboard still has all the LEDs on the keyboard working. More than 2 years later.

The K70 Caleb sent me a number of months back? (Mind you the K70 is much younger!) Well, it already has been having several LEDs going out... Literally a few weeks ago it was one key, now I count 6 keys, with a dim F10... -.-

Really quite lame.
    This is why we buy foreign keyboards!

10+ Year Old Account
    ehh so far im fine with sticking to my g15. have had it for 7+ years and tehre is nothing wrong with it. i have not tried out a mechanical keyboard for a longer period of time yet but the bit i have tried them out i dont see why i would want one

My personal K70 has been fine so far. Though now I don't recall how long I've had it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    ehh so far im fine with sticking to my g15. have had it for 7+ years and tehre is nothing wrong with it. i have not tried out a mechanical keyboard for a longer period of time yet but the bit i have tried them out i dont see why i would want one
    My old G15 still works, but I could tell the keys and rubber dome were getting worn down, on a proper mechanical keyboard, this does not happen.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    Longer life, better build quality, better feeling keycaps, more customization options... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    Longer life, better build quality, better feeling keycaps, more customization options... >.>
    Hey now, don't you go bringing facts into the forums.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hey now, don't you go bringing facts into the forums.
    ... I mean-- yeah, mechanical keyboards are annoying. They're loud, they're too expensive, and they don't look as cool as my MAD CATZ STRIKE 7. Mechanical keyboard enthusiasts are dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only have a single mechanical keyboard fully functioning, out of 4.

But that's due to my own stupidity, and water.

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    I only have a single mechanical keyboard fully functioning, out of 4.

But that's due to my own stupidity, and water.
    You're supposed to water the plants and type on the keyboards, not vice versa.

Both of my mechanical still works without a hitch. Well. The left control of my cherry blue keyboard has a borken spring because I stepped on it and is more like a cherry red now (shudder).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Both of my mechanical still works without a hitch. Well. The left control of my cherry blue keyboard has a borken spring because I stepped on it and is more like a cherry red now (shudder).
    Fix it. Replacing springs is ez-pz.