Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "Paying attention to resistances was too hard, so we condensed it into just a handful of buffs that encompassed everything. Then decided that was clearly still mind-blowing to have it so trivial, so decided that rather than do our jobs and figure out a way to make it engaging and interesting, we'd just take the easy way out and completely ditch an entire gear type in favor of throwing more beefed up stats on gear to make people unstoppable rape-trains. Because that's what's fun."

Oh lookie. Sexy Blood elf fanart. You totally dont see that every where.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomglazerpew View Post
    Seems to me PvP is still going to be imbalanced, even after this change that doesn't make much sense anyways.
    You sound like a terrible Blizzard hater. How can delayin pvp to refine it sound like its going to be imbalanced? You sir, are an Idiot and a troll. And the fact the in Diablo 3 unlike WoW your spells work differently from PvE and PvP so your one spell wont work the same way in PvP as it does in PvE.

OT: I look forward to release i can wait for PvP atleast by the time it comes i should be lvl 60 and nicely geared for arena. My Barb is waiting for me

I just hope that skill and pvp gear will outperform all other things like to win against a 5 mages opponent team, no matter what il or exp they got, blizz it is about time you balance all classes for some fair pvp fights...

Dat redhead belf fanart.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love the Workaholics reference in explaining the new Resilience.
    Last edited by dgg4324dvvv; 2012-03-10 at 01:16 PM.

At least the last belf art is not over the top. Spellbreaker is also good.

Same crapola they've been saying since vanilla. "We've got levers and can adjust". WoW PvP is in as bad a shape as I've ever seen it in 6 years of playing WoW, and nothing they've said so far indicates a difference next expansion.

Blood elves didn't have a single role in Cata, so why they have the Cataclysm logo on them?

Damn good job by the artists!!!

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 03:46 PM ----------

Please.. do more sexy female draeneis..

Deleted
    "If there was no reward just for playing (time investment), then only the most skilled players would win Arenas or BGs or kill raid bosses and there would be no catch-up mechanism for the rest of us. This would demoralize and discourage players from participating, and the highly-skilled players would have no one to oppose in the BG or join in raiding."If not the top skilled players then who the fuck is supposed to be on top of the ladders. Probably leaving a class overpowered is an intended "mechanic".

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of our design philosophies is: simple to learn, difficult to master.
    This would explain why each expansion requires an overhaul of the talent system. They don't even know how to master their own creation without wiping the slate clean and we'll hear them say the same thing once the expansion after MoP is announced.

that fourth picture is, SO out of proportions it is almost comical / horrific. really, dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    You sound like a terrible Blizzard hater. How can delayin pvp to refine it sound like its going to be imbalanced? You sir, are an Idiot and a troll. And the fact the in Diablo 3 unlike WoW your spells work differently from PvE and PvP so your one spell wont work the same way in PvP as it does in PvE.

OT: I look forward to release i can wait for PvP atleast by the time it comes i should be lvl 60 and nicely geared for arena. My Barb is waiting for me
    You DO NOT KNOW for what reason they are delaying Arena: maybe to bring more balance to classes, maybe - for sole cosmetic purposes. Blizzard has already stated that Diablo 3 will be PVE (can stress it enough) oriented game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ("Shut up PVP guy" statement from one of D3 developers) And they said that they are OK with some classes being op.

P.S. Calling other person idiot, without giving solid evidence doesn't make you smart, sir.

P.S.P.S. You are moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing, not all the fan art was of skimpy dressed females?!
    That bloodelf spellbreaker is great.

I hope D3 comes earlier as a result of this little announcement about the PvP part of it!
    (as if..)

Oh look, it's the same garbage that's been spewed since TBC about fixing pvp and people living longer. What a joke.

I'll admit I've turned into a blizzard hater. I have purchased every single released game from wc 1 through now. What this tells me is the management over at blizzard is a bunch of no talented hacks. Look at wow. It bled subs for a year straight and will probably continue to do so. Any course correction or fundamental shift to try and save the game? No just the same old tired it'll be better next expansion drivel. Diablo 3 in development for over 5 years and go back this last year and look at how many features have been removed. I won't even touch the splitting of star craft 2 into 3 game for the purposes of milking the customers. Bottom line blizzard has poor management with a mediocre development team / teams. Just another game they are trying to push out to stop the bleeding that wow is causing.... No worries that it isn't really even finished. Sorry about the rant but I've literally rooted these guys on since day one and shown my support by handing them thousands of dollars. After the year pass no more.
    Last edited by Jedek; 2012-03-10 at 03:51 PM.

BOOBIES!10chars

Does this mean that D3 will be coming out sooner?

The spell resist excuse is so lame... again the default answer from them... "next expasion will see about it, right now we're working on fixing the new talent system". Next xpac, same crap "we're fixing the new talent system...".

Wich is the same excuse for not giving new player models, etc... "we're fixing the crap we just created by unecessarely messing with stuff".

And they're really losing it on the pvp thing. They're still not getting the problems of their new "philosophy", they just copied the system of another game and instead of exactly doing it (copying), they tried to change it... they are so happy claiming about the base defense for the fresh 90, but forget that the geared 90 will also have that base defense + what they have for free in their gear. Other games with this pvp stat system (working not only for dmg reduction) don't mess with the gear, giving free stats, etc. Healers will be even more powerful since they will have all the "pve stats" needed + extra healing, if they balance the pvp power for healing, players will prefer more pve stats and throw away their lovely system (even reforging all that crap into pure pvp def if they allow it). Since they don't want their new stat neglected, they can't nerf the stat that much... so...

One of the complaints when they released the resilience system was that without a further class/spec balance, it was just staying alive to provide more fun for the other guy. Instead of dying to a rogue in a stun lock with a few globals, you would stay alive a few extra globals just to watch the guy ripping you apart a little bit more. The same crap will happen again... base defense just to see the other guy (that you can't dmg because he does have all the base pvp defense + the huge extra from pvp gear) ripping you apart for longer ( because of his pvp power + tons of pve stats on his pvp gear). If by equiping pvp gear, you would start to lose some of your base def (like a diminish return), then they would be into something for the long run... but right now... "take a seat and watch while I rip you apart".

Since they keep simplying the game, pvp gear will be way to go for pve (as usual) unless you're really into heroic raiding before the 1 month nerfs. And they said on the last post about it that normal/heroic is for pve peeps that really want to go into pve... perfecting a pve gear for it is part of the process the same way perfecting a pvp gear is for pvp lol. But they're just removing the pve part of the equation.

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    The problem is, gear, gear, gear, stats, stats, stats...The PVP gonna be really good only when the player ability comes first, I said before and i gonna said again, WoW need a complete revamp in the character gameplay, there's a lot of MMOs (some of them are free) with a really good gameplay system, based more on the players abilities than stats and gear and they are really, really fun. WoW seems to be stuck in the same thing over and over again...
    If the problem was only gear and stats... and not also unfair distribution of skills, wrongly application of DR for the same cc type (that they love to say like "it's not the same stun..."), excess of passive/free game changing effects (mostly debuffs) for a few classes, etc. it would be fixed a long time ago (just grab the last gear and go).

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Booze View Post
    You DO NOT KNOW for what reason they are delaying Arena: maybe to bring more balance to classes, maybe - for sole cosmetic purposes. Blizzard has already stated that Diablo 3 will be PVE (can stress it enough) oriented game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ("Shut up PVP guy" statement from one of D3 developers) And they said that they are OK with some classes being op.

P.S. Calling other person idiot, without giving solid evidence doesn't make you smart, sir.

P.S.P.S. You are moron.
    They're delaying because it's not a pvp game. They won't waste time trying to balance it around pvp. So, saying that "they'll add later" won't make some pvp ppl cancel the order before the release. By the time they realise that it won't change, they alread have the game, played and hopefully wasted a few precious bucks with the real money AH thinking that gearing faster will give them the advantage on the upcoming super balanced pvp arena.

"you've alread gave us your money sir, do whatever you feel like doing with your D3 copy, have a nice day".
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2012-03-10 at 04:50 PM.