Page 88 of 126 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    At least in the US, Gymnasium refers to the place you go to exercise. I'm aware the word is used as a type of school in some places though.
    Etymology
    From Latin gymnasium, from Ancient Greek γυμνάσιον (gumnasion, “exercise, school”), from γυμνός (“naked”), because Greek athletes trained naked.

butt nekkid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Etymology
    From Latin gymnasium, from Ancient Greek γυμνάσιον (gumnasion, “exercise, school”), from γυμνός (“naked”), because Greek athletes trained naked.

butt nekkid!
    Should be the way people go to the gym today too, imo.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Should be the way people go to the gym today too, imo.
    only men were allowed...

Ancient gay clubs, thats awesome, always knew the greeks were a liberal people :P. I wonder what happend if one dude was actual gay and got a boner while working out.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Ancient gay clubs, thats awesome, always knew the greeks were a liberal people :P. I wonder what happend if one dude was actual gay and got a boner while working out.
    Pole vaulting was invented...

10+ Year Old Account
    When I'm working out, I don't think I have enough freely available blood for that to happen.

But yeah, maybe the greeks only had men in their naked gyms, but we have modern sensibilities. Women should be included too!

Pole vaulting was invented...
    rofl, yeah they were known for being innovative!

When I'm working out, I don't think I have enough freely available blood for that to happen.

But yeah, maybe the greeks only had men in their naked gyms, but we have modern sensibilities. Women should be included too!
    What if they were on a break, I mean thats a smörgåsbord of naked bodies right there!

As much as I'm for equality that would be plain painful, even if you manage to keep control of your member downstairs you would still have all these teenage boys working on looking buff unable to control themselves, I'd rather not see a bunch of errected weiners when I work out :P

Oh and thats a good thing about getting older, you don't, well at least I don't have to deal with unexpected hardons(at least not to the same degree as the teenage years) :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I've looked into this. It's NOT okay to attend Gymnasium naked anymore. You are allowed to wear your beach attire, though.
    Class pictures says otherwise!

Deleted
    Class pictures says otherwise!
    Parties are always funny... Whether there's naked people or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that attempting to take a naked class picture at an American High School would get people expelled.

Pretty sure that attempting to take a naked class picture at an American High School would get people expelled.
    Scandinavia is an area of freedom... Especially freedom from clothes...

This is true. I don't even know if it's possible to get expelled. Never heard of it happening from a Gymnasium, at least ;o
    Well if you dont show up i guess you can get expelled though i have not heard of it at my gymnasium...

Well if you dont show up i guess you can get expelled though i have not heard of it at my gymnasium...
    You need something ridiculous like 50%+ absence(could be more, I haven't looked, because so far I haven't ever missed a lot of classes up to and including 9th grade which I'm about to finish) to get expelled at most gymnasiums. Getting expelled is much more common in "efterskoler"(pretty sure thats a very danish thing, with no real equivalents in other countries), but thats usually because of drugs/alcohol/sexual activities and not because of missing classes(which is kinda hard to do when you live next to your classroom, pretty much).
    It really does take a lot of work to get kicked out of any public educational institution, though. The worst you'll usually get in the first 10 years of school is a week off, which is a pretty silly punishment imo.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

This is true. I don't even know if it's possible to get expelled. Never heard of it happening from a Gymnasium, at least ;o
    Yeah I don't think it was possible to be expelled when I was in the gymnasium, but if you skipped class too much(I don't remember the % of missed classes) you had your "student money" withdrawn, I think I was averaging around 10%, which isn't that much, you need to skipp a lot more classes to see any real consequences.

I've been sick on average more than 1-2 days a week probably, AND I was sick for 3 weeks when I had ze flu. Then 2 weeks of other sicknessy stuff.
    My absence is probably veeeeeeeeeeery high. Oh, and I skipped today too.
    /spank

It also depends on the teacher, as he/she has to report you, if you are worried, just send them a mail, should do the trick.
    Going by what my aunt says, she is a teacher, most teachers(at least the ones she work with) don't base the grades etc on class presence but only really on the test results, as long as they know the student is still interested in the class it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    You need something ridiculous like 50%+ absence(could be more, I haven't looked, because so far I haven't ever missed a lot of classes up to and including 9th grade which I'm about to finish) to get expelled at most gymnasiums. Getting expelled is much more common in "efterskoler"(pretty sure thats a very danish thing, with no real equivalents in other countries), but thats usually because of drugs/alcohol/sexual activities and not because of missing classes(which is kinda hard to do when you live next to your classroom, pretty much).
    It really does take a lot of work to get kicked out of any public educational institution, though. The worst you'll usually get in the first 10 years of school is a week off, which is a pretty silly punishment imo.
    ndoh, so young... :P

i myself am finishing some GSK courses in the following month

My grades are good enough. I'm at 7 MVG, 9 VG. =\
    But my absence is a lot...
    Well the grades is all that really matters in the end of the day.
    It can be a good thing to have some kind of structure in day to day life as well though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    ndoh, so young... :P

i myself am finishing some GSK courses in the following month
    You're all making me feel old, and I'm really not that old.

I'm studying with people who are 5-7 years(on average) younger Reeve, funny how a few years can feel like half a lifetime at times
    I feel like gandalf the grey at times, and I'm 27. rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm studying with people who are 5-7 years(on average) younger Reeve, funny how a few years can feel like half a lifetime at times
    I feel like gandalf the grey at times, and I'm 27. rofl
    I'm 28 and definitely the youngun' at the office, where most of the people are in their 50s. Sometimes I worry I spend so much time around old people I forget how to be a late 20s kind of guy. Even my friends outside work are in their mid 30s and the women I date are too often in their 40s. So when I come on this forum and hear people talking about high school projects it makes me feel kind of funny.