Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i dinged 85, and same day hit ilvl 378 and did LFR, their is NOTHING holding people back at all, this is on a horde toon, only horde toon i have and so no outside gold funnaling in.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    i dinged 85, and same day hit ilvl 378 and did LFR, their is NOTHING holding people back at all
    ...apart from time.

And this doesn't just apply to what people would deem "casuals", but also to raiders, who raid all week and don't have the spare time to grind on their alts.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

For pre-made groups that would be great. The people you are going with know your gear and are okay with it. I see no issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    ...apart from time.

And this doesn't just apply to what people would deem "casuals", but also to raiders, who raid all week and don't have the spare time to grind on their alts.
    This far into the patch, who is raiding "all week"?

I think it took me 2 397 boe's and a few 378s I'd accumulated on other toons to skip regular heroics and go straight into HoTs on my most recent alt (2 days ago). Then 4 HoTs to hit raid finder ilvl thanks to the quests and a couple of drops.

What a huge time investment, as opposed to levelling from 1-85... I don't know how I managed.

Deleted
    Just fly to the instance for the 5-man heroics aint that hard. For lfr making a 25man guild internal group somehow that just not feels like a problem that would occur very often. Sure you can then go in with your undergeared alt but upon inspection from your guildmates and friends they might just say "hey wait we are carrying this through lfr" and i've been in plenty lfrs so i know that something that people cant stand is carrying people through they feel used and they feel that the people in the raid schould carry their part.

So for your own sake just take the 2-3 days after dinging 85 and go through 5-man heroics (or buy pvp boes) and the faceroll hour of twilight instances to gear up and equip your char so that you can carry your own. Get some enchants and gems dont blow of insane amounts if you know that you will replace an item very soon but just show that i care about gearing my char so that i can do my part.

So in the end the itemlevel restriction is fine by me and i dont think that you schould change it for lfr or lfd. and if you have to have your guildmates and friends boost you through an instance well then it is their choice and at least they get to see the world flying to the dungeon.

I disagree.

People are cheating the ilvl requirement by loading their bags with gear they can't use or if they did would be even more detremental to their role then their sub cap equiped ilvl.

While dps can be carried if you get too many healers who are undergeared or say a 378 tank who has no enchants, no gems and 3 pvp items the group will fail. The three new dungeons are loot pinatas and it's really not that hard to hit the cap. This instant gratification is what's diminishing the quality of the game.

No way. The I lvl is there to be a basic wall that people have to pass, forces you to at leaste have a little understanding about what gear you really need. In helping gear up a few friends alts I've been healing heroics for them, and the amount of people that still have no clue about what they are doing astonishes me. If they took away basic I lvl requirements for dungeons lfr, I would quit running them. I've ended up on a low end dying relm / battle group, and if I had to carry scrubs through the next few months of cata I'd probably end up quitting for a while.
    I guess I'll mention the fact that you are not supposed to go straight into heroics after you ding 85, there area few more LFD 5 mans that you can grind through to pick up gear that will easily put you over the I lvl mark for heroics, along with JP gear youll be able to buy from running those 5 mans.
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.

I don't know if this has been said before, but I have a DW kill achievement dated the same date as my lvl 85 achievement. It's not hard to get some starter gear and queue for it. I did 2 hot's before i was 372 and able to queue for LFR.