10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests

Omnotron Defense System Solo'd by Mionelol AND Raegwynn!

I have no idea who did it first, but today they both uploaded videos of them soloing it:

Raegwyns video:

Miones:

Why the change from 2handers to dual wield? Props tho, seems tough as hell.

Mionelol downed it 5 hours before Raegwyn.

Any blood DK with their gear could do this. So pointless in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    Dual Soul-Drinkers. Mione said she does it because they are great for soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    2 x souldrinker would be my guess.

Ah, of course. Should've thought of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Mionelol downed it 5 hours before Raegwyn.
    Yeah, according to their armories:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wynsolo/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mionee/simple

Raegwyns comment on his video: "k lol you are right mione also did the boss today addet to describtion ty for mentioning"

I remember back in wotlk Raegwynn was accused of copying Mionelols strategy from her/his blog on the Lich king fight.

This seems very fishy ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    sick, these guys. <3 gotta love them.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post

Raegwyns comment on his video: "k lol you are right mione also did the boss today addet to describtion ty for mentioning"

I remember back in wotlk Raegwynn was accused of copying Mionelols strategy from her/his blog on the Lich king fight.

Once a strategy is out there, whether it be for hours or days, people will copy it. No one thinks it's "fishy" to go view a L2Raid video and copy the strategy.

Get real.

well we all know monie> all so. gratz
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

I don't remember which fights they were but Raeg had basically posted video's of "world-first" solos but the exact strat was taken from Mionelols' blog and reposted as if Raeg had done it his/herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Once a strategy is out there, whether it be for hours or days, people will copy it. No one thinks it's "fishy" to go view a L2Raid video and copy the strategy.

Get real.
    I just think it's wierd how Mionelol completed it 5 hours before Raegwyn without he even knowing it. I don't think it's coincidence rather he looked at Mionelols armory and then tried to solo it himself (using the dualwield tactic). Then tried to play it out when someone mentioned it in the comments.

/tinfoilhat off

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    I don't remember which fights they were but Raeg had basically posted video's of "world-first" solos but the exact strat was taken from Mionelols' blog and reposted as if Raeg had done it his/herself.
    Yeah it was the Lich king fight :P.

I just think it's wierd how Mionelol completed it 5 hours before Raegwyn without he even knowing it. I don't think it's coincidence rather he looked at Mionelols armory and then tried to solo it himself (using the dualwield tactic). Then tried to play it out when someone mentioned it in the comments.

/tinfoilhat off
    Doubt it, it would take more than 5 hours of practice to get the first kill I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Doubt it, it would take more than 5 hours of practice to get the first kill I imagine.
    Except if you have the gear and the video showing exactly how it was done, which they had, it isn't nearly as difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I don't think he copied anything (and there's absolutely nothing to copy on this boss anyway, no strategy at all apart from running). I don't post my logs for this but I did quite a few 60-70% attempts a very long time ago (2+ months), and was basically waiting for more gear since my tank gear is pretty terrible, even atm. 2 months later, I finally got a few upgrades to my tank gear yesterday, and went for it this morning (only took me 4 attempts with this better gear)

On his hand, I know he's been doing a lot of attempts on it as well (one around 14 minutes if I recall correctly, cba checking wols), so he was on the right path. Maybe my kill motivated a bit more, maybe he didn't even know about it, that's probably a coincidence, we both got quite a few upgrades yesterday during the weekly DS clear, so a kill happening on Thursday isn't too surprising (;

So, congrats to him!! I personally don't think it's an interesting kill though, but then I'm biased since I love encounters that mix both DPS and survival checks (by forcing you to equip DPS gear instead of just stacking survival stam until you reach a point where it's enough.).
    But I'm glad the stress for this boss is finally over : while I definitely think bragging about being first in soloing is stupid, I *do* still have a bit of pride doing this kind of stuff first (but I'll never brag about it, ever -I'm pretty sure there are a lot of very talented DKs that could do it as well and are simply not interested), and being able to "tie" even through the gear disadvantage made me happy :3 (hours of difference on this kind of stuff is a tie, there's no first)

Looking forward to real bosses, though!
    ^ Class act.

Please don't quote large posts to say nothing of importance.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-03-16 at 03:43 AM.

1. my kill was done before miones video was out. so coping anything wasnt even possible.
    2. i tried this boss the last time 1 day before both kills. the proof of this is the world of logs link i posted in describtion
    3. maybe mione got the idea by studying my world of logs, thats the only thing that could be copied but i wouldnt care about it

anyway mione killed it same as me with just 4 attemps. congratz to that!!!
    i had a lot more trys but with different gear. i think her "bad" tankgear is the reason for it cause mione has way more haste on it from using Dps gear also.
    i have more mastery but almost zero haste and since this boss deals a lot of magic damage i think haste could be a bit better but im not totally sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    So, congrats to him!! I personally don't think it's an interesting kill though, but then I'm biased since I love encounters that mix both DPS and survival checks (by forcing you to equip DPS gear instead of just stacking survival stam until you reach a point where it's enough.).

Looking forward to real bosses, though!
    thats the difference between us. i like bosses that are challenging to heal. you like bosses the require nothing but dps. aka ulduar, icc
    but i agree. bosses that require both are the best challenges. sadly there arent such bosses out there. everything that is left in cata is nothing but a pure dps fight. even LK hc is healable since a while, but what will bring the kill is the better dps gear, what would be you. im chanceless at beating enragetimers with my itemlvl 392 Dps gear and no gurthalak hc, so congratz to the next worldfirsts, if you can handle them before lvl 90 ;D
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2012-03-16 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I just got scorched by them both in my own thread lol. Well I'm glad everything worked out I guess :P

Congrats to Mione and Raegwyn! Keep up the sportsmanship
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."