Page 1 of 315
... LastLast

Pandaren Monk Contest Day 3, Hydra 10 PvP Video and Interview, Blizzard Art

Diablo 3 - SEA/ANZ Home Region Change, BattleTag Update, Blue Posts and Twitter, Curse Weekly Roundup

Want to talk about this news post? Use this thread! Please don't attempt to enter the contest in it, as your entry will not be counted.

MMO-Champion Giveaway - Pandaren Monk - Day 3
    While we are waiting on the Press Tour NDA to expire, we are giving away 3 x Pandaren Monk every day this week! You can enter the contest only by commenting on this news post. Please only enter once per day, multiple entries will disqualify you. Good luck!

• To enter the contest, just post a reply in this news post, you have until Thursday March 15th @ Midnight EST to enter the contest, this thread will be closed and winners will be selected randomly.
    • Entering more than once per day is useless and will get you disqualified. There will be no 2nd chance for people posting more than one comment in this thread, you have been warned. (We will also of course check for double accounts, etc)

US Mists of Pandaria Press Tour
    The US Mists of Pandaria Press Tour took place today and we are working on getting all of the new information ready for you. Check back Monday, March 19th @ 3 AM EST for all that we learned!

Hydra 10 PvP Video Released
    Hydra has released his 10th installment of his PvP videos, creatively named Hydra 10. Below is the video released in full. Nik also managed to ask Hydra a few questions about his experiences in making this latest video and his views on PvP currently and how it's looking for the new expansion.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    So go ahead, why don't you introduce yourself.
    Hey there, some people know me as Ryan; most as Hydra. I’m a 22 year old student from the UK. I’ve been playing WoW since beta (unfortunately lol) and before WoW I played a multitude of games, predominantly Starcraft: Broodwar, D2:LoD and Call of Duty.

Personally I loved the new video, how long did it take you to gather all the various clips and edit it all together?
    This video took the longest out of any of my videos, mainly because I put the most effort into making it as good as I could with what was given to me (cataclysm clips were hard to get). Most of it was edited by me, with the exception of the antidote scene on Blades Edge Arena which was edited by Castorcato. The random clips at the end were found with the help of Castorcato and Mercx.

What would you say is the best clip of the new video and why?
    The ultranumb RMP mirror match (Rogue Mage Priest vs. Rogue Mage Priest) on Nagrand Arena vs Khuna, Raiku and Mehh. It has so many clutch moments in quick succession and almost no mistakes by me, really hard to do vs arguably the best players of each class in a mirror match.

Some might see Cataclysm as the lowest point in WoW’s PvP history, what are your thoughts on it all?
    Cataclysm is a joke in my opinion. Blizzard don’t care about the game or it’s company supporting ESports in general, from what is seen by the public. Go compare Blizzard to Riot and try and tell me Blizzard care while keeping a straight face. In fact, they are directly hindering the growth of SC2 as an ESport by not putting more into it. Last IEM event saw LoL with 5 times as many viewers as SC2 even though I see SC2 as an infinitely superior game.

Riot: We've modified the client for you all, we've put millions in prizes for you all to win everywhere, we put links to streams in our main LoL client, and we pay players to stream to help educate people.

Blizzard: Yeah, if your prize pool is over 5k, you need to give us some ad revenue. You need to buy a license. Custom Games? Good luck finding them. Promote tournament streams? Nah, just look at a picture of Jim Raynor instead. Oh and by the way we’re not going to support LAN.

What do you think the future of pvp is going to be like in regards to the MoP class and resilience changes?
    Well it can’t be worse than Cataclysm can it? They seem to have the right idea, finally identifying their faults. I think we should just wait and see before we make any judgements on whether MoP is going to completely flop, after all it’s their last chance to save the game pretty much if they don’t want to see their entire competitive player base move on to other games (GW2, TERA, etc coming out).

For people that want to get better at PvP what would you say is the best thing they could do to improve?
    Get a general understanding of your class abilities and what you’re likely to come up against vs other classes. You can do this by duelling or 2v2ing, (2v2 is great for learning the game) then apply those skills and improve your strategy in 3v3. There are plenty of places to get started and I’d say it’s definitely not worth paying for some guide when there are plenty of equally useful ones for free on the internet (shameless http://hydramist.tv/guides/ plug). AJ used to be a great place for new players to learn and get tips from more experienced players, however I feel the quality of the site has steadily been going downhill compared to where it was when I left the site when they refused to condone GCD hacking in Season 8.

What drives you to keep playing WoW Arena, with other games becoming bigger, and more popular?
    Mates, competitive nature, will to produce content for the community.

I know that you play a lot of Starcraft 2 in your spare time do you plan on perusing it any further than just playing it casually?
    I’d like to. I was really really close to hitting GM league a few seasons ago, I haven't had that much time recently to practice but now with X done I’ll be focusing way more on SC2 since this is the next game I plan to go pro at.

Any shoutouts that you'd like to give?
    There are a bunch of shoutouts in the movie, but I guess the main people who helped me with the movie - syeren, Castorcato, Dice, Dave, Mercx, Boozt, Raiku and Igno. In addition shoutout to my old partners, Kalimist, Flyn and Redhot you guys were amazing to play with and I wouldn’t have learned so much about the game if it wasn’t for you guys. Finally thanks to Reliza, The ‘Protoss is for Chuffnuts’ skype channel and my cat Micky for judging me when I go to get food at 5am so that I go to bed! Additionally thanks to Steelseries for sponsoring my stream.

As a note if either my Twitch, the Twitter or Facebook page gain 10k likes then I’ll release an audio commentary version of Hydra X explaining each clip and why I chose it along with the background music. If you want more from Hydra you can check out his website, twitch.tv stream or youtube.

Blizzard Art Update
    Blizzard added six pieces to the Wrath of the Lich King art and Cataclysm art galleries.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-03-15 at 06:46 AM.

Deleted
    I'm in for this one too!

Am i doin it right

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh I hope I win! Also, thanks again for putting on these contests! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    I'm in for this one too!
    panda me

O how I like pandas

I'd like a panda please.

Deleted
    panda panda panda !!!

15+ Year Old Account
    pandaaaaaaa!!!!!

Panda monks are awesome!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Woooo, more freeeebiesssss.