Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

DK of 3+ Years Might Go Monk

Depending on if the monk info is good on Monday I don't see why not to try and become the best at a new class. I have mastered the DK to all it's potential. I have loved my DK and we have had a good run, but it looks like the monk is going to an a lot more fun class to play.

The big thing for me about changing classes was that I would lose all my achievements/mounts/mini pets etc. Now that all of that is going to be account wide I don't have to worry about moving to another class as my main. Though I will have to change my sig from best dk in the world to best monk in the world. I plan to learn everything about the monk and maximize its potential.

What about you guys?

Lol what makes you the best dk in the world

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never really found a class I liked in this game. Though the monk's radical new concept may be what it takes.

I've grown to like the no auto-attack style from playing ToR, and the melee healer angle sounds fun.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No he did say he was the best in the world, its in his sig too

Anyway, monks playstyle will be very much different to dk's playstyle. Its much closer to rogue/warrior hybrid

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm a lock of like 7 years, and I plan to reroll regardless, just because everything is stale to me, the monk will be new, and im tired of just being locked into damage. :|

Obviously there is appeal to the new thing, as it has been with Death Knights and Worgen/Goblin/Draenei/Blood Elves previously.
    Though we do not know enough to really make that judgement, and nor can anyone really do so until we get hands-on experience.
    The more new something is the more likely it will see many adjustments.

Ummm.... Sir? You are not the best DK in the world... nor will be the best monk in the world.... sorry to break the news.... but that's a bit of a big ego that you've got there... You're more of a casual...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda silly to plan on switching to a class we know very little about.

You should do what I do and play all of the things. o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Also to adress the nerds here who don't understand sarcasm, his signature is obviously a joke so you're making yourselves look stupid by taking it seriously. stop it. for your own good.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know almost nothing about monks. Better to hold off from retiring from being the world's best dk.
    Look! Words!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    No he did say he was the best in the world, its in his sig too

Anyway, monks playstyle will be very much different to dk's playstyle. Its much closer to rogue/warrior hybrid
    Yeah I actually fully read it before tabbing back to my game in SC II haha hence I deleted the post :P , Anyway OP You really shouldn't just straight switch when you really don't have a clue of the class yet

If you're going to claim to be the best DK in the world you probably should remove the link to the armory of your overwhelmingly average character.

You're not the only one who knows everything about DKs :P

I am switching from a DK to a Monk myself, but for different reasons then to say I know everything about it. I prefer melee fighting, and hand to hand combat I like more then a weapon, but the fact that the monks can use Staves and Polearms as their weapons, and can dual wield, that just seals it for me. Hunters and Druids didn't appeal to me much cause they don't visually whack their enemy with the weapon. lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    We know almost nothing about monks. Better to hold off from retiring from being the world's best dk.
    This why I said if the Monday info is good
    Also to the best at something doesn't mean you have prove to everyone, else sometimes it's just a personal thing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best dk in the world is kind of like saying your the coolest kid at the nerd convention... or the fastest runner in a race for wheel chairs...

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is your signature for real? Not sure if this is a troll or you are really sure of yourself. But I am not giving you the benefit of the doubt.

First I must ask, what exactly makes you the best DK in the world?
    "overwhelmingly average armory"

Second, what is your fascination with standing out as "the best" (a self awarded title, I might add)?

Lastly, just as was and still is the case with death knights, there are going to be (literally) millions of people playing the monk class, with less then 50% of those players hitting the level cap, and probably around 3-5% of those players sticking with that class as their main and not returning to their previous character. Then that number will get exceedingly smaller as the bad monks are weeded out and the good monks rise to top end guilds, be it PvP or PvE. So why focus on being the best player of a class that has such tremendous potential for being outcast (much like DKs were outcasts in WoTLK)?

From the sounds of it, you're grasping for a title (world's best X-class) that you can only attain on a class that nobody knows how to play. And by that I mean to say, there's no chance you could reroll a priest to 85, get geared for arenas, hit 2.8k rating in 3s and you still would be a LONG LONG way away from ever being considered "the best priest in the world."
    Last edited by Punkhaole; 2012-03-18 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grakes View Post
    Best dk in the world is kind of like saying your the coolest kid at the nerd convention... or the fastest runner in a race for wheel chairs...
    Bad analogy is bad.

I love WoW....but since I played swtor I cant wait to play a monk to remove auto-attack from my melee toon, I just hope after this that blizz will remove auto attack from all the classes....srly.