... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just discovered this topic

Funny to read those things

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Ferrari will be lucky to even score points

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Jenson was over 1.5 seconds ahead of 17th before the yellow flag went up.
    Everyone was losing 3-4 seconds in the final sector due to heavy rain in that area so Jenson wouldn't have made it through anyway.

Definitely expect Alonso to win this one. Massa will slowly but surely drop out of the points (hello, rain).

Quote Originally Posted by Lynck View Post
    Just discovered this topic

Funny to read those things
    They did go from having a low midfield car to easily one of the best cars on the grid (and arguably the best one in the rain at the moment. They had the second best car in bad conditions in Malaysia, and that was back when they had an overall shit car. Sauber have dropped back).

And yes, people are giving Alonso way too much credit this year. And this is coming from an Alonso (and especially Ferrari) fan.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2012-07-08 at 09:39 AM.

Look who crashed a competitor out of the race...Pastor Maldonado.

Deleted
    He is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Lynck View Post
    He is an idiot
    I nominate this for understatement of the year.

Deleted
    I nominate this for understatement of the year.
    Lol explain better, I think that the crash was Maldonado' fault.

And I think that maybe someone is driving Massa's car instead of him because it's a really good race

Lol explain better, I think that the crash was Maldonado' fault.
    So do I. Idiot is not a strong enough word to explain MAL's conduct.

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastor_Maldonado

Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-07-08 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole thing about showing respect towards others is ear-grating. Respect wasn't Senna's virtue by any stretch of the imagination, and look where it's got him.

As for Perez, he really is just being butthurt as all hell at the moment (and understandably so, as Maldonado lost it and took him out almost by proxy), which is all the more amplified by the fact that Pastor beat him in 2010. And I like Checo. If this was Vettel saying it everyone would be like "BAWW, BE A GOOD LOSER FOR ONCE YOU BABY".

And before anyone says that Maldonado is nowhere near as good as Senna, he's won a race in a Williams. That car is not supposed to be up there.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2012-07-08 at 12:58 PM.

For me it is nothing to do with respect, it is simply stupid to take somebody out of the race AND ruin your own race, especially when you aren't going to get the overtake at that point anyway.

Yes he is a quick driver. But that quickness needs tempering if he wants to add another win to his tally.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it is nothing to do with respect, it is simply stupid to take somebody out of the race AND ruin your own race, especially when you aren't going to get the overtake at that point anyway.
    I'm mostly commenting on what Perez said.

RTL didn't broadcast a Perez interview :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Kamikaze Kobayashi turning on his own mechanics?

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 04:06 PM ----------

RTL didn't broadcast a Perez interview :/
    The BBC did. He was mad. Very mad. Constantly citing that Maldonado has no respect for other drivers and that everyone is complaining about him.

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Perez
    He doesn't respect other drivers. I was already in front and he should have given space not to crash but he tried to push me all the way. I don't understand why he drives like that and I hope the stewards do something. It is not first time he has damaged my weekend. This guy will never learn if they don't do something. He could hurt someone. Everybody has concerns about him. He is a driver with no respect at all, the way he is driving the stewards have to do something. He affects many other drivers. I am not the only one.
    There you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno what those mechanics did to Kobayashi to deserve that, looked painful.

Maldonando is absolutely reckless meanwhile, the stewards need to come down on him heavily, because he's a risk to people's lives with his aggressive nature.

Also those Lotus look incredibly quick this weekend, Hamilton was right, he just cannot match Grosjean's pace.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

To be fair, though Maldonado is generally too aggressive, this mistake he did today was just that, he lost the rear end so was in a recovering situation but had no room to recover so crashed into Perez's car, it was just an unlucky incident from Pastor to add to his list of genuinely idiotic incidents of the past.

Be interesting to see what the stewards think.

Kamikaze Kobayashi turning on his own mechanics?
    He entered his pit area about 20 kph too fast and nearly mowed down a couple of pit crew members while stopping.

The stewards need to give him a real penalty this time, a 20 second penalty after driving into Hamilton was almost pointless, now today he has ruined another drivers race because of his inability to drive a race car.

Congrats to Webber, I do like Mark, one of the most modest men out there but really can drive. Alonso and Ferrari got the tyre strategy wrong, but still drove well and Alonso is possibly my favourite for the championship right now.

And when will Lotus win a race? The amount of times we see them put in purple laps is crazy, they just need to find a way to get that pace for an entire race with their car at the front of the grid.

If you watched the onboards footage today you would see that the Lotus was easily the most planted car of the lot, it was well setup and really well balanced, such high cornering speeds but it must have been damaging its tyres more. Next up the Ferrari was probably the next most impressive car, I feel fairly Certain that Red Bull were "just there" not quite as ultimately fast but in the right place at the right time with the tyres to maintain the gap to the Ferrari and mount the attack at the end with more rubber.

On a contrast to that, watching both the Mclaren and even more-so the Mercedes cars it was obvious they weren't well setup to the track, the Mercedes was a little nervious and had to be driven really smoothly compared to how confident and easy the Ferrari/Lotus looked, you could also notice the Mercedes understeering more at times and just generally not looking as agile, saw Schumacher drive wide off the track at times. Considering that I think Schumacher did a really good job, he nursed that car around and it just wasnt in the same league as the cars at the front, a podium was never realistic. Same thing with Mclaren, Lewis did a great job to manage a 4th place in a car that really wasnt so fast.

Definitely going to watch those onboard cams in future, it gives such a better insight into the race, and as a sim racer I can not only learn from them but I can relate to them, I could genuinely see the difference in how the cars behaved, wish I had known about the Onboard cams sooner!.

Oh and that camera setup over Becketts I think it was was absolutely amazing, it looks like something from a computer game sweeping over these series of corners just above the cars, possibly the best camera shots Ive ever seen in F1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I called it. Ferrari have a top 2 car (arguably the best today) and Macca are nowhere.

Quite miffed that Webber won, as he's the driver I dislike the most, but that was a good drive. Not a great one, but he bided his time and did his job.

Very impressed with Massa, especially as he was held up by Schuey. At this rate he's going to win a race this year.

Kobayashi fined for dangerous pit-stop
    Maldonado fined and reprimanded for collision with Perez