Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicbreak View Post
    Yeah, I get that, but the beta for what?
    The beta for the game this subforum is about.

Edge is probably one of, if not, the best moderator on this forum. I've gotten a fair share of infractions with which I absolutely do not agree, but I can still remember the days on MMORPG.com where every minor sentence that was slightly out of line deserved you a ban and in that aspect, I think MMO-Champion is doing a great job. You can appeal bans, you can argue with and against moderators and Edge is definitely one of those moderators that takes the flak as part of the job and doesn't go on infraction spree just to protect his or her ego.

So whatever you minor trolls have to say about the moderators on these forums, I'd say that this grass is a lot greener than on most other forums. Now I just want to get rid of my minor flaming infraction for not flaming at all. It was irony. IRONY! le sigh.

Im guessing no one in this thread ever cross the street eventhou the lights are red...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You mean this one?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post13470412

Cause that's the only time I've ever infracted you, and you weren't infracted for your opinion, but the first full paragraph in your post.

And if you have issues with a moderator, you can always bring it up with Sunshine or Boubouille.
    there is one mod here who isn't a blizz fanboy. we both know who that is

we're all fanboys of stuff at one point, i was a blizz fanboy until i realized i just wasn't getting what i paid for and it had been years since blizz had sold me what i wanted to buy and it wasn't going to change for the better. then i woke up

not using fanboys as a bash on intelligence or whatever, just mainly saying "fanboys can't see reality for all the affection for a company that is in the way"

kind of like the first 3 months you're with someone then you realize they're really annoying.

You'd think the NDA-stuff would be pretty clear... I mean, how hard is it to understand?

If you get into the Guild Wars 2 beta (pay attention to what forum you're in), DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT. Not getting in, nothing you experience, nothing you hear in there, nothing you see in there, nothing you SMELL in there, nothing.

Why is this so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    You'd think the NDA-stuff would be pretty clear... I mean, how hard is it to understand?

If you get into the Guild Wars 2 beta (pay attention to what forum you're in), DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT. Not getting in, nothing you experience, nothing you hear in there, nothing you see in there, nothing you SMELL in there, nothing.

Why is this so hard?
    I've seen some people who seem to think they don't have to follow the NDA just because they think it doesn't make sense...as if their opinion matters at all. They understand the NDA, but they don't get why it's there.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-17 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    there is one mod here who isn't a blizz fanboy. we both know who that is

we're all fanboys of stuff at one point, i was a blizz fanboy until i realized i just wasn't getting what i paid for and it had been years since blizz had sold me what i wanted to buy and it wasn't going to change for the better. then i woke up

not using fanboys as a bash on intelligence or whatever, just mainly saying "fanboys can't see reality for all the affection for a company that is in the way"

kind of like the first 3 months you're with someone then you realize they're really annoying.
    I believe edge meant the first paragraph in your 2nd post that got merged with the first one because it was posted right after the first one.

It had nothing to do with your opinion on fanbois.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-17 at 11:51 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Edge is probably one of, if not, the best moderator on this forum. I've gotten a fair share of infractions with which I absolutely do not agree, but I can still remember the days on MMORPG.com where every minor sentence that was slightly out of line deserved you a ban and in that aspect, I think MMO-Champion is doing a great job. You can appeal bans, you can argue with and against moderators and Edge is definitely one of those moderators that takes the flak as part of the job and doesn't go on infraction spree just to protect his or her ego.

So whatever you minor trolls have to say about the moderators on these forums, I'd say that this grass is a lot greener than on most other forums. Now I just want to get rid of my minor flaming infraction for not flaming at all. It was irony. IRONY! le sigh.
    moderation used to be about keeping things on topic (never applies here, every topic is off-topic and is only moderated to make it more blizzard friendly)

if you're 100% right and brow beat someone with that fact, the person who was totally wrong flags you and you get an infraction. you were infracted for being so much more correct than someone it made them mad

it's the equivalent of opening a ticket, creating this bs reason why a name offends you and getting that person's name changed for all the wrong reasons.

big boards usually suffer from "more to do than there is time to do it" which leads to situations where x is ok here, but x isn't ok there. what is seen, who complains and what time of the day it is matters.

i posted a link to these vids earlier today and was warned by a mod via message to remove it since every infraction i get = 3 month ban. that's the mod who isn't power tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I believe edge meant the first paragraph in your 2nd post that got merged with the first one because it was posted right after the first one.
    It's definitely about taking it up the butt.

if you're 100% right and brow beat someone with that fact, the person who was totally wrong flags you and you get an infraction. you were infracted for being so much more correct than someone it made them mad
    Being right doesn't matter if you're being rude at the same time.

you can guess all you want, i asked for an explanation and never got one so i don't know

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Being right doesn't matter if you're being rude at the same time.
    being nice doesn't matter when you're being wrong. you're still wrong and people don't like to hear they're wrong, much less see proof via links about it.

you can guess all you want, i asked for an explanation and never got one so i don't know
    Can't tell if serious.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's definitely about taking it up the butt.
    it was because i colorfully proved a point. like always.

Alright, that's enough discussion of moderator actions. As always, if you have issues with a mod, send a PM to Sunshine or Boubouille.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-18 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    No1 likes a spelling police on the internet.
    you no love meeeee?

i sad

(im back btw guys <3)

OT: no one cares if you made it into the beta or not, all that it will do (besides earning a ban) is make us hate you more.

should just ban them flat out; that way they cant post the info they are going to leak when they are in beta anyway, i mean, they already broke the NDA by saying they got in, what's to stop them from breaking it again?
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-03-18 at 12:10 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    you no love meeeee?

i sad

(im back btw guys <3)
    Welcome back!

Who u b mon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobblars View Post
    Alternative is to record their IP's/emails and give 'em to Anet - will be interesting to see if they are included in the BETA for much longer.
    cant do that as a Mod. thats sharing private data with others. Which is something Guru Mods just got in trouble with over on MMORPG.com over this recent outbreak of rage against GW2's official forum
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    There is no NDA to respect if you don't agree to it. Not to mention he email isn't covered by NDA at all, simply only your status as a tester IF you agreed to be one. Anything up to the point of confirming your agreement is free game.
    How about this. Stop being a douche, if these people do not want the shit on the site they mod for, post at your own risk, or not at all. If you have an issue take it up with the site owner.
    You know the owner will tell you to get fucked too.
    If you can't on mmo champ of all places, find some other thread to argue in i feel sorry for you.
    In reality they can require you to not post about anything, accept it or move on. Why is that even a point of argument for you?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back!

Who u b mon?
    im the thief guy
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    Tbh it doesnt amke any sense at all that you cant tell anyone because when you get the email you havent signed the NDA yet...so ofc u can.

From what i've seen from leaked stuff, so ppl dont twist my words like the guy below -.-

Yeah it is a little foolish to think that people wouldn't tell others that they got in. The excitement of it alone would make people want to tell at least their friends. If telling your friends is against the NDA then I guess there is not much anyone can do about it. But that still doesn't make the NDA right.