Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's the way he has to build that is counter to his effectiveness too. With Garen's stat loadout, kit and cost of opportunity... ehh. May as well play Riven, Lee Sin or Shyvana in top.

Also Garen's passive is actually, too passive. Out poke Kennen? Or deal with Yorick? Oh brother.

You are more restricted in LoL than DOTA when it comes to bruiser builds.

/take it to the League of Legends thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Also Garen's passive is actually, too passive.
    Have to agree with this... that's part of why I stopped playing him. But yes, this is all so off-topic.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... greatsword reminded me more of...

The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

eviscerate vs backstab .. which will get nerfed first xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I could use some input on this build:

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...f4fdfk2h2o2s32

I plan to use it in W^3, playing it mainly as a support warrior with multiple ways to both revive nearby multiple allies and ensure I'm one of the last to go down (to make good use of the aforementioned reviving). Additionally I like the ability to give boons to my allies. Warhorn mainly for the swiftness. And as for personal damage, trying to focus on bleeding, as both the sword and rifle auto-attack have bleeding associated with them.

Thoughts?
    So... no suggestions on improvements on this? At all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    So... no suggestions on improvements on this? At all?
    Why have Endure Pain instead of Shake it Off? If your focus is to be a support Warrior, condition removal is surprisingly effective.
    I also notice that you don't have Inspiring Battle Standard, which causes banners to apply Regeneration.

My own "support Warrior" build is this: http://www.gw2builds.org/view/338004/battle_commander

But I likely would need to tweak it for WvW, since being in melee is generally not wise unless you're skirmishing/scouting.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Gaming View Post
    eviscerate vs backstab .. which will get nerfed first xD
    Neither the game is balanced. Cool Down Abilities arent considered OP in my book. Learn to counter the attacks or die its that simple. ANET has given every class what they need to survive even the strongest of attacks, wether by avoiding the dmg, midigating dmg or with CC.

He who stands still like a tree will surely get cut down.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;SNa...VdU;XWZa;bdYbZ

was dicking around and came up with this, based off the front line warrior builds i used to run: shock axe and q knockers

the idea is to keep switching between weapon sets for the sexy weapon swap bonuses and when setting up for a adrenal spike to go into hammer, start whacking on them and then either bulls charge or bolas into then, KD them with back breaker if they arent down, swap into axe/mace and crushing blow, cyclone axe then evis on top of a 8 stack vuln, swapping back as soon as the swap KD is off back to hammer for pressure until they drop

wish there was another elite, banner could work i suppose and frenzy can be swapped out for fury sig
    The Original Ganksta

Seems like more of a chase build. I don't think a banner would be all that great over the Rage Signet or Rampage.

Off hand mace is rather good.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-07 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like more of a chase build. I don't a banner would be all that great over the Rage Signet or Rampage.

Off hand mace is rather good.
    the mobility skills can be used for chasing but the real focus i was aiming for it hard swapping quickly to another target to scare them shitless, admittedly less of a concern in GW2 than in GW1 since you dont have to surprise a healer to drop someone and just that there will be less people to engage at a time in most structured fights, but still a strategy i see being useful. the big thing that the build hinges on is the ability to swap between damage and control fairly often, forcing enemies to adapt quickly or die (hopefully getting a KD as their heal skill goes off to stop it)

the idea of adding a banner wasnt so much to help the warrior but to help teammates, a banner would be fairly useless in this build for the warrior himself when he's focusing on sticking onto someone like glue. i just thought signet was too... narrow in scope and you cant use racial elites in pvp =\

that being said popping that signet during a burst streak or just before will fuck someone's day up
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;kkS...Uaa;baca;bYkjZ My revised greatsword pvp build. Meant for dealing dat good ol damage.

15 Strength/15 Arms is sorta odd when moving 5 points out of Strength to pick-up another Major Talent in Arms @ 20 would benefit the both weapons sets more than the +5 Power/Expertise.

Edit: I would rework that build like this: http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_...1.1.10.3.1.6.2
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-08 at 01:15 AM.

As does the skill that gives AoE to 1 handed swords, when you're not using one.

And no Frenzy on a 'burst warrior"??

10+ Year Old Account
    15 Strength/15 Arms is sorta odd when moving 5 points out of Strength to pick-up another Major Talent in Arms @ 20 would benefit the both weapons sets more than the +5 Power/Expertise.
    I see a LOT of people doing that on gw2builds.org, and the logic behind it makes no sense to me. People look at it and seem to think that they get two minors instead of one major, when in reality they're trading out a major trait to gain a minor trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I love frenzy. Paired with hundred blades and it's a BEAST.

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_...5-2.11.6.8.8.2

Manly burst damage. Bull's Charge + Frenzy + Hundred Blades, then weapon swap to your axe and Eviscerate. Throw Bolas can be switched for anything really.

The 10 points in Defense and last 5 in Discipline can be swapped to other places, but I really don't see anything else that's useful for burst.

Throw Bolas is really nice when paired with swords, 1 & 2 handed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny, honestly, when people try to qualify a build as being just for PvE or PvP. The two modes of content in GW2 don't require anything truly different to the point that builds will only work in one or the other.

Defensive properties are just as important in PvE as they are in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I find it funny, honestly, when people try to qualify a build as being just for PvE or PvP. The two modes of content in GW2 don't require anything truly different to the point that builds will only work in one or the other.

Defensive properties are just as important in PvE as they are in PvP.
    Idk. When I make a spec, it's either meant to pvp or pve with exclusively. When I want to fulfill a role, I want to do in 100%, not 50% of one role and 50% of another. I plan to use a dual axe spec that's meant for pure damage in pve, but I would never take it into pvp since it lacks a lot of survival utilities.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-05-08 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Idk. When I make a spec, it's either meant for me to pvp or pve with respectively.
    The problem I'm thinking though is that... I can understand somebody qualifying a spec as being meant for WvW or not, but that's only because WvW "strategy" right now basically involves mass ranged AoEing back and forth until one group has a sizable drop of people, and thus isn't really that big.

In sPvP, I find coming up with a build no different than coming up with a PvE build, except that you might have a specific 4 other people with which you have 5v5 plans, and thus you all can work together to come up with 5 builds that interact well with each other.