Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone played with a build for Rifle / Longbow, specifically traits?
    To me it seems the long range single target of the rifle, combined with the ranged AOE of the longbow would be a nice combo in WvW, considering that you tend to get focused if you run of out the zerg to melee an enemy.

I don't think the Rifle is worth a whole lot when you are using an Longbow for AE. Also the longbow traits are in in a separate line from Rifle. Stats back this up too. In that Power works a fair bit better with a Longbow.

Longbow is a good weapon. But it's either/or due to the trait lines/optimal stat, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drat

Longbow is a bit of a sleeper weapon for Warriors. Like 1h maces, people sorta overlook Longbow but it brings some decent damage and options. Pretty effective in open world PVE too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish I had of got on the warrior bus earlier (instead of half way through BWE3), I still haven't used half the weapons or experimented with much.

Also, one thing I noticed during the stress test, is [I Will Avenge You!] only works when you finish an opponent, not when you down them, which hurts it when you're sniping people from walls in WvW.

Did we get any changes regarding the rifle warrior? Ive been out of the warrior posts for a long time, but since bwe2 I think when I played in one, I felt effective but bland. No real feel for the play (even tho, again, effective), not only graphic wise but also skill wise.

Nobody feel this way, even if you like it's effectiveness.

I don't/didn't do much WvW, to be honest. sPVP was more my style. Forgive my limited POV on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I really wish I had of got on the warrior bus earlier (instead of half way through BWE3), I still haven't used half the weapons or experimented with much.
    I've been on the warrior bus since the start now and I still haven't had enough time to play with everything. Just so much to do with warriors, hehe.

As for stress test experiences. Only thing I played with was Banner of Tactics Was a little disappointed with how little the 2 ability healed for ( about 600 w/o and compassion). Other than that I really didn't do much actual pvp on my warrior since I'm already pretty dedicated to the profession.

@Zilong I don't recall seeing or hearing about any major changes to the Warrior rifle.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    No real feel for the play
    It's possible that's due to the way it's very single target and damage based compared to other flashier weapons in the game, but if you play it to it's strengths (I love using it as a wall sniper in WvW) I don't think it feels lacking.

@Larynax So I tested that build I came up with and made two changed you thought of and it utterly destroys in SPvP ^^ I would get 25 stacks of bleed up with in a few seconds. It can survive the most punishment I have yet to see From any class and dishes out so much damage. It was rare for someone to last more then 20 seconds in a 1 on 1 fight other then my friend who is a beast. Was very good at holding points for back up against 3 on1 and I could easily win 2 on 1 more so then not. THank you agin for your input.

P.S defense cap is 1211 so no need to go crazy on toughness past that point, also it is very easy to obtain.
    Last edited by zeelic; 2012-08-03 at 01:28 AM.

It's possible that's due to the way it's very single target and damage based compared to other flashier weapons in the game, but if you play it to it's strengths (I love using it as a wall sniper in WvW) I don't think it feels lacking.
    It's not that it's lacking, just feels less cool to be one? ahaha. Like an axe necro is awesome, dagger elementalists are super fun. I had alot of fun with the hammer warrior. But it's only just because they are effective, but because I enjoyed watching myself own. XD On a rifle warrior I just enjoyed myself own others just because I did, not really enjoyed watching myself doing it haha.

But anyways, I can understand why it's not flashy, but I wish for at least one cool "wow" thing in it.

And as for that elite juggernaut? I loved that skill but I didnt feel juggernautish while at it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    @Larynax So I tested that build I came up with and made two changed you thought of and it utterly destroys in SPvP ^^ I would get 25 stacks of bleed up with in a few seconds. It can survive the most punishment I have yet to see From any class and dishes out so much damage. It was rare for someone to last more then 20 seconds in a 1 on 1 fight other then my friend who is a beast. Was very good at holding points for back up against 3 on1 and I could easily win 2 on 1 more so then not. THank you agin for your input.

P.S defense cap is 1211 so no need to go crazy on toughness past that point, also it is very easy to obtain.
    could you post your final build please? I got a bit caught up with what you now ran with

for mif http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...I4xyjjHJPrBGCA rifle/longbow for pvp

Any thoughts on this http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIQQ...ljLJXLKGUspYKC (can't rmmbr if I fixed armor...)

Also why do people like bolas so much? I find them incredibly easy to avoid and if ppl dodge them you're nowhere near your target, whilst with bull's charge even if you miss you're close.

Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post

Good to hear. Could you put the build into a calculator so I can try it out on live and won't forget it? http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    could you post your final build please? I got a bit caught up with what you now ran with

for mif http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...I4xyjjHJPrBGCA rifle/longbow for pvp

Any thoughts on this http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIQQ...ljLJXLKGUspYKC (can't rmmbr if I fixed armor...)

Also why do people like bolas so much? I find them incredibly easy to avoid and if ppl dodge them you're nowhere near your target, whilst with bull's charge even if you miss you're close.
    Throw Bolas is a 4 second immobilize on a 20 second cooldown at 900 range. Bull's Charge is a 2 second knock down on a 40 second cooldown at 600 range. Bull's Charge also has a more obvious and easier to avoid animation than Throw Bolas.

Deleted
    the off tank support anti carry revival priest build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...7Nubk3sAZAycDA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post

/giefs 3 (!) cookies

Here is the build http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...l9HXUyoWEMIYWB. The site does not properly update your condition damage on your skills. Also Balance stance does not share it's cooldown with the trait that uses it (tested a number of times against 3 friends). I do not use Balance stance but wanted to point that out, also same goes with endure pain and the trait that uses it at 25%. Your crit will be 60% and your number one chain skill (1-2) will have a 1080 bleed effect. You can change a few things around for more health if you need it but I found it work flawless with this set up. My favorite moment was fighting a spirit weapon guardian and a two handed hammer warrior and slaughter both of them with out getting close to down state. The ideal is to keep your Target locked down and letting your bleeds rip away their health. This build works great in PVE as well, I had no problem soloing any events or Mobs I cam across on my lvl 32.

Deleted

/giefs 3 (!) cookies
    For PvP I wouldn't run without a shield. They block and stun are too good to pass up, the block will save you god knows how many times a game and stunning someone in your Bow's F1 is good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    For PvP I wouldn't run without a shield. They block and stun are too good to pass up, the block will save you god knows how many times a game and stunning someone in your Bow's F1 is good stuff.
    I've got the rifle to kite and create distance as with kick to get that defense. Also immobilise on cripple can be hella anoying for your foe.
    it works, just don't expect to be running around with the best build ever
    *omnom cookies*

ty zeelic for your build, if you put full rabid jewels in your rabid amulet you get up to 68% crit §just read the thing about not being used in pvp, I'm so silly §
    How would you play defensive? I take it you get bleeds up =>criple and then kite them with your longbow?
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-08-03 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    This is the Longbow build I use on my Warrior.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...OfkwsqYUx2jZFA

Since you know every Warrior is either Hundred Blades or Evis lame builds, since apparently they're good since Moldran said so.

Honestly the only time I had to play defensive was 2 on 1 due to the high amount of damage this build puts out and the raw damage reduction from capped defense. I would save my block of course for big hits and make sure I was in melee range. Even if it is a range attack that hits you while your blocking it does it's bleed attack to them. Now when it comes to 2-3 on 1 you have to use your best judgement on how to be defensive, kitting always being the best option. In those cases were I was holding a point alone I would switch from long bow to rifle (Personal taste) for the knock back and the quicker stacking of conditions, also throw bolas is a key to surviving handicap match ups. Even tho you only have 1 damage condition builder on the rifle it's bleed for that set up is 880 a stack and with the high crit it's raw damage does more damage then the long bow I would use. I am thinking of posting pvp videos after release as it's hard for me to describe how to pvp with X build(s). I work solely on the instinct of moment when fighting. Best advise would be, always stay aware of your surroundings and practice reading your targets movements and predicting the next likely action they would take.