View Poll Results: Eventually, what would you like to see?

Voters
1252. This poll is closed
  • The alpha male and female worgen customizations brought back as options.

632 50.48%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more male customizations.

147 11.74%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more female customization.

282 22.52%
  • More current female facial customization (not the same face (not pattern))

242 19.33%
  • More current male customization (fur colors, faces, hair, etc.)

175 13.98%
  • Idc, as long as the females don't derp around anymore.

498 39.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Blue response to initial reactions:
    Bornakk:"This is beta, do I really need to lecture on forum attitude? ... Didn't think so... there is no need for 10+ threads to be made on the same topic. If you can't be constructive, don't post."
    Zoator about covered it. That's not "derision" towards the poor reception of the model at all.

If they were considering it, they wouldn't act cagey about it. Don't get your hopes up.
    Yes, let's focus entirely on one blue post from way-back-when, and ignore everything else they've said and/or implied about it since. Including "she's not done, you don't want to see her yet" fairly late in beta...after which point, the only changes made to the model were those in line with making her nominally playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Zoator about covered it. That's not "derision" towards the poor reception of the model at all.

Yes, let's focus entirely on one blue post from way-back-when, and ignore everything else they've said and/or implied about it since. Including "she's not done, you don't want to see her yet" fairly late in beta...after which point, the only changes made to the model were those in line with making her nominally playable.
    What evidence do you have that they are even considering it? I haven't been able to find anything.

What evidence do you have that they are even considering it? I haven't been able to find anything.
    Nothing direct, but in discussions on the female Pandaren there have been a few blue posts saying they acknowledge the poor reception the female worgen had, and promising to not make the same mistakes.

That said, I still think Blizzard wants to sweep this issue under the rug and forget about it. It's an embarrassment to them, and to fix it they would have to openly admit they released a sub-standard model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Blizzard wants to sweep this issue under the rug and forget about it. It's an embarrassment to them, and to fix it they would have to openly admit they released a sub-standard model.
    That's what I've been alluding to. That's why I chimed in saying "don't get your hopes up". Blizzard isn't going to spend money to do it a second time when it's a recently added race. There's no way.

That's what I've been alluding to.
    Saying "don't get your hopes up" is fine, but if people want to keep posting about this, let them. It does no harm to remind Blizzard that people haven't forgotten their screw-up. Even if it doesn't result in a model fix for the worgen, it will deter Blizzard from releasing such half-finished work in future content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying "don't get your hopes up" is fine, but if people want to keep posting about this, let them. It does no harm to remind Blizzard that people haven't forgotten their screw-up.
    I never said it did.
    It's certainly a subject worthy of debate, but not under the context of impacting real change.
    -referring distinctly to the worgen models

Saying "don't get your hopes up" is fine, but if people want to keep posting about this, let them. It does no harm to remind Blizzard that people haven't forgotten their screw-up. Even if it doesn't result in a model fix for the worgen, it will deter Blizzard from releasing such half-finished work in future content.
    Yeah, pretty much this.

Sorry, Callace, but the difference between what you're saying and the "shut up, quit whining about it, you're not making any difference" shout-down attempts is one of implied tone—and that's it.

Deleted
    What makes you think the model they used was unfinished? I get if you don't like it, but what's unfinished about it? Blizzard just went with that model, because they liked it better. There will always be people, who like the one better, than the other. It was in beta. You can't expect everything from the beta to make it into the game. The way they released it on live is the way they wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    What makes you think the model they used was unfinished? I get if you don't like it, but what's unfinished about it? Blizzard just went with that model, because they liked it better. There will always be people, who like the one better, than the other. It was in beta. You can't expect everything from the beta to make it into the game. The way they released it on live is the way they wanted it.
    Most of the animations, particularly of the head and neck, are buggy or just bad quality. Plenty of examples in this thread.

As for beta, the current model wasn't put in for testing until about 4 weeks before the Cataclysm beta was shut down. Its development was incredibly rushed. It wasn't even ready enough for a preview at Blizzcon just a couple of months before launch, and yet the final model is almost identical to the version that was being data-mined at that time.

You can't go from "not ready to preview" to "finished" with only a few minor animation changes.
    Last edited by 7seti; 2012-05-04 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    basically, what 7seti said. The model was "implemented" in game sometime before the Blizzcon, but it was unavaliable to test it (you could see it in the character creation screen, but once you logged in, it was a male). The comunity discussed a lot about the model, no resemblance with the male or a wolf at all, silly face/expression remembering a mad chihuahua... Blizzcon reached, and with it, the male Worgen model "evolution" during the Alpha-Beta phases, but when they reached to the time to talk about the female, they only said "they are not finished yet, right now you wont like it, but at the release it will be better and you will like it". The only thing they did to the model from there to the Release date was:

- Add the facial animations.
    - Make them playable.

Nothing more, even during a few weeks after the release, the female worgen NPCs were still bugged, using the alpha model skins. If you add this to what 7Seti said, do you really think that its something you can call "finished model"? I think not, they didnt want to admit during the BlizzCon that they messed up, and they dont want (or, at least for now) to "fix" that error.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    basically, what 7seti said. The model was "implemented" in game sometime before the Blizzcon, but it was unavaliable to test it (you could see it in the character creation screen, but once you logged in, it was a male). The comunity discussed a lot about the model, no resemblance with the male or a wolf at all, silly face/expression remembering a mad chihuahua... Blizzcon reached, and with it, the male Worgen model "evolution" during the Alpha-Beta phases, but when they reached to the time to talk about the female, they only said "they are not finished yet, right now you wont like it, but at the release it will be better and you will like it". The only thing they did to the model from there to the Release date was:

- Make them playable.

Nothing more, even during a few weeks after the release, the female worgen NPCs were still bugged, using the alpha model skins. If you add this to what 7Seti said, do you really think that its something you can call "finished model"? I think not, they didnt want to admit during the BlizzCon that they messed up, and they dont want (or, at least for now) to "fix" that error.
    They did not use those words with the female model. They simply said it wasn't done in time for their presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    They did not use those words with the female model. They simply said it wasn't done in time for their presentation.
    no, they said "you dont want to see her yet."

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    More or less. If I remember right it heavily implied the model wasn't in a good state at the time.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    And in addition to this, next to nothing changed between that iteration of the model and what went live. They smoothed out a few weird angles; that was about it.

Stood in the Fire Flufflemonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post

- Make them playable.

If the community complained heavily that there were major problems with the derpchihuahua, WHY DIDN'T BLIZZ LISTEN?! Adding facial expressions, smoothing out areas and making them playable does not make it better or make it so we like it more. We specifically said she looks like a chihuahua, she has no resemblance of a wolf, OR the male counterpart, she has an unnatural snarl, among tons of other things... That should have been a queue to change what they have done. Why didn't they listen?
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

I just noticed that they fixed their ears so they don't go into their own heads when they run. Can't say the same for running wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadina View Post
    I just noticed that they fixed their ears so they don't go into their own heads when they run. Can't say the same for running wild.
    It still doesn't fix the fact that the ears are not lupine. The Male's ears look like wolf ears, why not the females??
    And the running wild pose looks like she's in heat. I swear, there's so much wrong with the Female Worgen, I'm wondering if Blizz did this on purpose.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

Wasn't it discovered that the live model's ears are actually just recolored/textured copies of the Goblins ears? Or did they finally give them their own models? That would most likely account for why they look more batty than wolfish.
    I don't mind their ears too much, except for the ones that actually seem to dip out and down or something ridiculous, gives the females this really terrible droopy look from the front. The males aren't that bad, but they tend to be so long and pointy that they're almost more like rabbit ears or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Wasn't it discovered that the live model's ears are actually just recolored/textured copies of the Goblins ears? Or did they finally give them their own models? That would most likely account for why they look more batty than wolfish.
    I don't mind their ears too much, except for the ones that actually seem to dip out and down or something ridiculous, gives the females this really terrible droopy look from the front. The males aren't that bad, but they tend to be so long and pointy that they're almost more like rabbit ears or something.
    I do agree. They do look a bit like rabbit ears, but it's because the ears are too narrow. The ears need to be more wide.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

Well it is a corruption of a night elf shapeshift so the ears looking elf like kinda makes sense to make them have a more unique look rather than just 'wolf men'.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2012-05-07 at 02:06 AM.