Poll: How important are updated character models?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How important are new character models?

There's a thread about no new character models with the release of MoP. But in a vote, how important are updated models to you?

From the interview with Tom Chilton:

Q: We already know that new character models are in the works for old races. Do you have any idea of when players will be able to see them and do you plan to also revamp newer races such as the Blood Elves and the Draeneis?

A: We are slowly in progress with revamping the races, but the reality is that at best we would get the Dwarves for Mists of Pandaria, and even that's on the bubble. It is something that we are planning to do, it is something that we want to get to and actually believe is valuable. As to when the the Blood Elves and the Draeneis would have that happen, they would probably be near the end of the list. We would probably get through all of the original races first before we go on to them since they are better than the original ones. Any of the ones we have done more recently tend to be a little bit higher fidelity.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2012-03-19 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do I vote without a poll?
    Anyway I'd love to get new character models, but I'd prefer to get better Boss models and gear, as well as landscapes and buildings in Pandaria. I think that there are other, more immediate models that have to be created. I still think that the art team should be working on these models when they have the time, just like they have done in the past with mounts and such ( I think heart of the aspects was designed between work on patches). I think new character models should have priority over new pets, but hey that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very important. A tauren standing next to a pandaren will surely look out of place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    How do I vote without a poll?
    Anyway I'd love to get new character models, but I'd prefer to get better Boss models and gear, as well as landscapes and buildings in Pandaria. I think that there are other, more immediate models that have to be created. I still think that the art team should be working on these models when they have the time, just like they have done in the past with mounts and such ( I think heart of the aspects was designed between work on patches). I think new character models should have priority over new pets, but hey that's just me.
    Sorry, MMO-Champion posts the thread before the poll has been made. :I It's there now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, for me they make or break the game. It was one reason for me to quit after there was no new information about it on the BlizzCon 2011.

I've been waiting for some updates since the Draenei and Bloodelves were introduced. Or even longer, I thought that the character models were just placeholders.
    A german website had an online tool to customize your human or undead character back in 2004. I was like 'Wait, this can't be all the options, it must be just some samples of what your character could look like'. But they had all the options...
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Very important. They could have been the one major thing MoP had, instead of compiling all those small features they should have given us in the "more frequent but smaller content patches" that we never had.

You grow bored of features and they get replaced/forgotten, but people usually really love their (main) characters and dont become bored of them so quickly so even if the MAJORITY did not demand them, most of the playerbase would have been pleased I am sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are quite important, and it's good that Blizzard is finally working on them, but they're not gamebreaking imo.
    (then again, BE models are better compared to vanilla models )
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who saw the possible updated dwarf model with release of pandaria with more to come?

I want them, but I can wait. Most of my characters are dwarves and the lady dwarves are in serious need of updating. My holydin manages to bounce even though she's wearing a plate chestpiece and the hexagonal weird eyes need sorting out (I believe lady humans and gnomes also have the weird eyes). I only hope we get to keep the whirling plaits hairdo, it's my absolute favourite.

Can't say it's on my list of stuff I want.

I play a Tauren, one of the worst models, only second to that fail Human model imo, and I can easily wait. The model is covered up in armor and all that kind of shit, so it would be hardly noticeable anyways, don't expect them to update animations, that's the part where Blizzard slacks the most out of everything they do.

I want new models but what I really want is a lot more customization options. Maybe instead of 5 bring it up to 10. Like for dwarves have a tattoo option and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. I would adore them, like you wouldn't believe, but I can deal with what we have 'til they're ready, rather than repeat the Female Worgen disaster (not enough direction, not enough testing, too many hands in the cookie jar).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    I'd say it's crucial.

Not only is my character that which I stare at the most, let's not forget all the faction NPCs that we constantly interact with.

Next expansion is too late.

Much more important then pokemon ,farmville or AOE looting and probably more important then75% of the things blizzard talked about.

However, it just wasn't that important to blizzard.

I know they are working on it, I guess end game content being added so we won't get bored is alot more important than looking as fancy as a pandaran/gorblin/worgen. Really thrilled about it though! D:

Deleted
    It's funny though considering how old the models are and how good everything else is starting to look.

My toons are starting to feel/look like sprites compared to the newer models. This has been 'on the horizon' for far too long :/

Deleted
    Biased community is biased.

This is like asking the Apple community if the new iPhone should be white...

I want them, but can wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.