So.... kind of disappointed...

Don't get me wrong, I thought all the info we've been shown is awesome and amazing!

However, there were no mention, anywhere, about the state of heirlooms in MOP.
    Why haven't they figured out how to make it so my characters on another server can grab some gear that i bought BACK IN WRATH so they can level up easier?

They keep talking about account bound things such as pets, and mounts etc... (i know mounts aren't BOA but it's been talked about) and yet, the original BOA items can't be?

I find this as a huge letdown because i already have 10 lvl 85's on my server and would love to level as alliance on another server with my heirlooms and it's such a disappointment when i log into a new toon and can't use them.

Thoughts? Concerns?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they really want to give us xrealm boas. I will take money from server transfers out of their pocket.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heyiamdan View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I thought all the info we've been shown is awesome and amazing!

However, there were no mention, anywhere, about the state of heirlooms in MOP.
    Why haven't they figured out how to make it so my characters on another server can grab some gear that i bought BACK IN WRATH so they can level up easier?

They keep talking about account bound things such as pets, and mounts etc... (i know mounts aren't BOA but it's been talked about) and yet, the original BOA items can't be?

I find this as a huge letdown because i already have 10 lvl 85's on my server and would love to level as alliance on another server with my heirlooms and it's such a disappointment when i log into a new toon and can't use them.

Thoughts? Concerns?
    They indicated they are adding an 11th character slot. Doesn't that solve your problem? Unless you want to go to another server, in which case pay to transfer one character. It's not expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I don't think they really want to give us xrealm boas.
    They've said on several occasions that they want to implement cross-realm BoA's but haven't had the time/knowledge/whatever to do it yet.

Pretty sure they talked about that.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/02/26/wo...d-by-category/

Q. Are there any plans to implement cross-faction/cross-realm mail(for BoA gear and such)?
    A. We have cross-faction mail for BoA items now; cross-realm is a work in progress, but we hope to have it done "soon."

Probably not something that was a high priority on the press release or it was scrapped for a different system.

If this is your biggest concern. They are doing pretty good.

But I do in a way agree with you. But at the same time, if the resources it took to produce all this wonderful content and changes to the Warlock class as I've read about, then good time spent and not wasted.

Because not everything is finalised.
    Also I seem to recall recently that the intent is to have some sort of account-wide storage or inventory for heirlooms so they won't need to be sent through the mail.
    The problem is cross-server mail is proving difficult to do, so an alternative might prove more realistic.
    There are multiple other subjects which did not receive much if any attention during the press tour, so that is hardly cause to be dissapointed.

I have to admit I was kind of dissappointed also, mostly because I thought we would be able to see some live demos of the new features and gameplay but guess we'll have to wait for beta for that. Or F&F alpha leaks one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    They've said on several occasions that they want to implement cross-realm BoA's but haven't had the time/knowledge/whatever to do it yet.
    Personally, I doubt that they don't know *how* to do it, but are probably more focused on all of the holes that it could create and the amount of support requests it will generate. Probably trying to avoid people exploiting the feature. Personally, I wish they would just open a new storage area (something like Void Storage) that would let you put BoAs into it and it would be a global storage area you could access on any of your toons on any server. Only BoA items would be eligible.