Quote Originally Posted by thedr8993 View Post
    So my guild is a bit behind (we all know each other IRL and some ppl had scheduling conflicts so we put progression on hold). We finally made a full clear through Terrace. I landed a 496 Gao Rei staff. Question being: is this better (with both gems) than a 502 lfr Maelstrom staff? My first thought is as long as I have the agil gem and the extra slot it should b better even though it isn't upgraded. Any input would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
    You can put the extra slot in any ToT weapon, fyi.

At any rate, yes, Gao-rei is better with the 500 agi gem. Weapon DPS doesn't help our survivability much, while agility really does.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    @ergar you want to tank the green guy because armor doesn't really matter for us as much as for a plate tank, imo. we always do g>r>g>r ignoring blue.
    While it's called 'Rot Armor', it actually just increases the damage we take by a percentage. It has nothing to do with armor, thus there's no preferences for who tanks what.

I'd actually say we should go on the red head, since we have more cooldowns to utterly negate or at least reduce the breaths significantly (Glyphed Guard, Diffuse Magic, Zen Med, Fortifying Brew).

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    You can put the extra slot in any ToT weapon, fyi.
    Totally didn't know that. Awesome. Thanks! Looks like I'll be grabbing that +500 agi gem

My guild has started working on council of elders, and I've been starting out tanking Mar'li with glyphed guard and diffuse magic. I save my EB procs for switching to Malakk, but it seems like whenever we perform the swap, I just get wrecked, even with EB running. Was seeing if a different perspective might be able to see any issues that I currently have or something I may have missed (other than my hit excess, which I'm working on).

Best council attempt: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c7u2e58hqdxjcan1/?s=2828&e=3015

Thanks in advance!

While it's called 'Rot Armor', it actually just increases the damage we take by a percentage. It has nothing to do with armor, thus there's no preferences for who tanks what.

I'd actually say we should go on the red head, since we have more cooldowns to utterly negate or at least reduce the breaths significantly (Glyphed Guard, Diffuse Magic, Zen Med, Fortifying Brew).
    Never realized. Kinda feel silly now.

But the other half of the thinking is that the DoT from red is unavoidable, whereas the green guy is basically making us take increased melee damage, and we -avoid- melee attacks more than any other tank. Plus my healers like higher HP tanks for comfort reasons on red because the combo of the DoT, stagger, and normal melees can make your HP pretty bouncy.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by essex1028 View Post
    My guild has started working on council of elders, and I've been starting out tanking Mar'li with glyphed guard and diffuse magic. I save my EB procs for switching to Malakk, but it seems like whenever we perform the swap, I just get wrecked, even with EB running. Was seeing if a different perspective might be able to see any issues that I currently have or something I may have missed (other than my hit excess, which I'm working on).

Best council attempt: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c7u2e58hqdxjcan1/?s=2828&e=3015

Thanks in advance!
    Nothing to do with council but you shouldn't be skipping your weapon socket bonus.

Your crit is a bit low, and I feel like your haste isn't giving you much room to work with to EH but that's a personal comfort thing but especially for running power strikes it feels low. The shuffle uptime is good, and your EB uptime matches your crit%, but it's not going to give you much to work with, with a 2hander, once you have frost guy, in terms of generating meaningful amounts of EB to recast it once you have him and blew through your buffered stacks.

Personally, I suggest starting with Sul and Frostking as a brewmaster, because of how much DPS you generate.

Also, healerchick hardcasts her nuke on her current agro target, Sul casts it randomly.

So when you're tanking healerchick she's nuking you nonstop, while frostking wails on you.

For a monk, this is not the greatest...

Also I'm 99% sure you can disarm these guys for a damage taken decrease buff.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 12:31 PM ----------

News:

After some really really informal testing, ToB (Talisman of Bloodlust) can proc off of any of the "ticks"

I turned my back to things, and watched the buff.

It took a while to be sure but I'm pretty sure that it has a higher chance to proc on the first tick, but can still proc on subsequent ticks.

Yeah, I started tanking Green but would take so much less damage than our warrior offtank. Something like 27% dmg taken vs my 15%. We finally put me on the Red head and it helped even out our total damage taken which is what helped us kill him finally.

Can't stress enough about utilizing your GotOx procs. I also even started to put out Healing Spheres for myself out to the side. I can basically top myself off when I spike in the later phases. (in 10 man)

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    The tank meta procs like crazy from initial tests. I was told, and not confirmed, but was told that tanks using the DPS metas will rarely proc because the PPM changes per spec. I am not sure if this is correct or not, but either way, if your main role is tanking, I suggest taking the meta. You just gave yourself a proccable Glyphed Divine Protection basically.
    This seems silly in my head, but I thought I'd throw it out.

For my warlock reaching the next haste break point is "recommended" due to haste effecting RPPM on 5.2 trinkets and the new meta.

But for monks, I've been surviving on ~5k haste rating. For some that's high for others that's low. I just feel it's unfortunate that haste just isn't as valuable to us anymore in 5.2 because I imagine it would help our RPPM trinkets and meta proc rates.

Thanks in advance!
    I was having the same problem on this one, even with me on Sul+Malakk I was just getting wrecked once he put up his buff and started adding extra frost damage on each hit. Part of that was being a little undergeared I think, but eventually we ended up just letting our other tank (warrior) keep Sul+Malakk the whole time and just eating the stun. Being on Mar'li turned out to be useful for add management anyway, as you can 2x Disable or KS+Disable to snare it on the first GCD that it spawns and root it on the second. Plus Charge to pull it back if it's not dying fast enough.

Interestingly, on one attempt Malakk's stun didn't land at all. Built up to 15 stacks and then.... nothing. Our best guess was that glyphed grounding totem caught it somehow, but we haven't been able to reproduce it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zene View Post
    Yeah, I started tanking Green but would take so much less damage than our warrior offtank. Something like 27% dmg taken vs my 15%. We finally put me on the Red head and it helped even out our total damage taken which is what helped us kill him finally.
    Not really sure if this is optimal but we do Blue/Red/Green/Repeat. In that rotation if you start on green you'll end up on the "Kill" head for all the rounds besides the first. Which works out ideal since I'm a good 30k ahead of the other tank in DPS for that fight.

I save Fort Brew for when I rotate over to the Red head since it can cover breaths 2 & 3 + helps negate the dot damage while tanking him. Others I never found to be problematic so long as you were rotating in Guard + Diffuse for the last two and weave in Zen Sphere + GotO piles. Really loving the Enduring Healing Sphere glyph since I'll work my way back to one of the heads and find a few leftover orbs waiting for me sometimes.

Now that I have the 4P I've been slowly bleeding away haste to figure out where I'm happy (plus I have the haste trinket...). Probably push down to 5k but reforging is getting tricky trying to cap out hit, expertise, and haste at certain points that I have to much of...
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Just grabbed the 535 random enchant bracers from black market for 100k. Black market didn't show yet what secondary it would have so was nice gamble. Got 969 crit rating on it so super happy.

So lucky. I paid 125k for the horridon ones.

Deleted
    The horridon ones actually have 20 more agility and 11 more secondaries if you gem a pure crit or haste gem it seems. Don't mind these though, since with new 4pc + talisman I'm kind of looking to get rid of haste for the content I do.

Lei shen finally down as well, was quite surprised at the tank damage in last phase. He really started hitting like a truck and I dipped quite low. I kind of think we didn't taunt back and forth quick enough looking back now given the debuff only lasts 8 seconds apearantly, but was first time in last phase so was quite hectic. More vengeance = more dps I suppose? ^^ 25% of my overall damage done to ball lightnings was quite nice, tried to hold off keg smash for couple seconds if they spawned and then a breath of fire on them and they melted.

We made the same mistake with phase3 the first time we got that far, but we did it pretty spot on, on our first kill.

Our groups weren't the best at stacking up lightnings sometimes so I never knew reliably if I was wasting my time trying to smash/breath them.

Thanks in advance!
    No tank needs to be on Marli at all. Just throw a random taunt here and there to keep agro. You should be burning down Sul asap and do not glyph guard. Use guard, eb, fort if you need to for his frost strike phase and taunt swap at 11 stacks. Only be on Marli when she is empowered, and position everything else away.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Can someone share a BiS list for haste/crit build please? Trinkets in particular. Thank you

Deleted
    Hey guys, i might need to be swapping to tank OS (i'm MW atm) and as much as i would love to 156 pages is a little more than the light reading that i'm keen for conidering its my OS. If anyone can just clarify the current stat breakdown (or the most popular so i can look into them) then that would be fantastic.

thanks

Doc

10+ Year Old Account
    Page 1 and done. The other 155 pages are just fine tuning for progression, BiS suggestions, fight specific tips, etc.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Can someone share a BiS list for haste/crit build please? Trinkets in particular. Thank you
    Based on askmrrobot, I got this:
    Edit: Large image , here's the link: http://i.imgur.com/5BV5msC.jpg
    Using:
    MH/OH DPS: 0
    Agility: 1.3
    Expertise: .85/Soft Capped Weight: .85
    Hit: .85/Soft Capped Weight: 0
    Haste: .8/Soft Cap: .13/Soft Capped Weight: .6
    Crit: .7/Soft Capped Weight: .7
    Armour: .68
    Mastery: .65
    Parry: .6
    Dodge: .55
    Attack Power: .45
    Stamina: .4

Not sure why it said Mastery to gloves, I'll most likely end up putting Haste there.
    Edit: Never mind, it's because I put the Haste post-soft cap below Mastery.

Here's a link to the askmrrobot, not sure if it works: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/7...1-fd1de5029836
    Last edited by Artaius; 2013-04-16 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Page 1 and done. The other 155 pages are just fine tuning for progression, BiS suggestions, fight specific tips, etc.
    Thanks mate, the guild didn't say that it has been updated, so i didn't know if it was still accurate or not; MW's changed about 4 times since our first sticky was made so i thought i would check

/Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Thanks mate, the guild didn't say that it has been updated, so i didn't know if it was still accurate or not; MW's changed about 4 times since our first sticky was made so i thought i would check

/Doc
    I think I'm waiting till 5.3 comes out to do anything :d

The only changes are the ones that are obvious in-game; I.E talents and new abilities for the most part. Core mechanics, core abilities, and stat priorities remain the same.

Deleted
    Hey fellow tanks!

I haven't seen or read anything about yet... I'm getting this week the legendary meta gem, and i was wondering which one should i pick, DPS or Tank one? Considering i'm raiding 10HC.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Arxi View Post
    Hey fellow tanks!

I haven't seen or read anything about yet... I'm getting this week the legendary meta gem, and i was wondering which one should i pick, DPS or Tank one? Considering i'm raiding 10HC.

Any suggestions?
    Tank one. If you aren't in a guild that is already pushing the envelope with regards to almost being complete with all heroics, then the tank one is a good choice because your dps isn't a super priority but minimizing damage intake is.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.