if your shield is falling off on tortos you can cast it on the crystal and puff, you have another one.
    and it is my aggro dumper as well.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    A Monk and a Druid tend to favor raid healing as a playstyle, and tank healing tends to be a bit of an afterthought for them as a habit. Big health pools on their old tanks probably reinforced this. Hard to tell without logs.

Remember the Crit build requires you to be smart about using Guard, Elusive Brew, and Purifying your Stagger. Work on your UI a bit to make sure you're using these optimally. Elusive Brew is great for tanking lots of adds, and for phases of high boss damage (like Will of the Emperor outside of dancing). Guard (remember it scales with Vengeance, so don't pop it unless you have decent vengeance, say, 50k+) you can treat like a mini Shield Wall, or you can use it as an emergency cooldown to stabilize yourself when you are low (and buff those expel harms/level 30 talents to recover). I start to consider purifying around 20k, I believe around 40k is a red stagger (not sure, my UI is set up to show numbers, not the colors). Purifying at a lower number can help with healing, especially in preparation for big damage intake or a disruption in healing (having to move, healers having to dodge lots of stuff or have a different mechanic coming up). I find poor Stagger management and our mobility can really catch healers off-guard.

I also find that having a Disc Priest and/or a Holy Paladin on your healing team can be sort of a crutch for tanks. You don't see your health bar move, and you feel invincible, when you are actually getting smashed, but those shields are doing all your work for you. This allows you to be a bit sloppy with active mitigation. Once you swap to a more reactive healing team, its going to feel like you're much more squishy, and will feel the need to rely on your active mitigation a bit more.

If your healers aren't complaining too much, I'd put the effort into training them (and yourself) and stick with the crit build. I'd have a separate Mastery/Stam set set aside, ready to go too, though.
    Thank you,

This is the feedback I was looking for... a vaildation that druid/monk as a reactionary healing team is more of a challenge for a Brewmaster than being used to a disc priest (or holy pally), and that it will likely take both sides to adjust.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run Discpriest holy pally and sometimes resto druid its pretty easy for them to keep me up even single tanking heroic BOP fights I can manage to stay alive unless its a raid wipe for the most parts. Can see where a resto druid shammy or MW monk could have a problem with all their big heals being lots of mana and having to focus most heals on raid. Having a balance is good and if you have a good other tank like prot pally or warrior to be a meat shield it can help in raid comp.

anyone who can give some guidance on how my monk is doing gearing wise? bash all youy want trying to gear up for alt runs!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hainin/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    anyone who can give some guidance on how my monk is doing gearing wise? bash all youy want trying to gear up for alt runs!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hainin/simple
    Not got another trinket other than the 522 VP one? That's a lot of hit that's been wasted. It's high ilevel and the proc is nice, sure, but there's still a lot of wasted stats going on there.

You should also do something with those professions. You're missing out on a fair bit of stats there (e.g. Blacksmithing/JC could give you an extra 960 crit rating, from the two epic gems going into the two extra sockets).

Missing a belt buckle too (a further 320 crit).

Beyond that, you're doing pretty good. Talents are good, stat prio is good... Yeah, no significant problems there.

Sadly no trinket to swap out ( got a blue 471 haha) but i bet this is better. yeah i got ALOT of hit. atleast it isnt all to waste since im currently DWing and not using a 2h.

regarding proffs im currently farming on another alt to get LW and BS up, so not lvling jc on another alt.

Belt buckle! totally forgot. fixing now

and unrealated to my first post but did they buff [Gift of the Ox]? seems to summon insane amount of orbs..

No buffs to GotO as far as I know. SCKing always generates a ton of orbs, so it could just be that you're AoEing more.

Deleted
    Why is my damage taken so much higher on worldoflogs compared to skada? I've seen this for everyone, but monk tanks seem to be even worse than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Oid0r View Post
    Why is my damage taken so much higher on worldoflogs compared to skada? I've seen this for everyone, but monk tanks seem to be even worse than others.
    Stagger. For some reason, WoL records us as taking the full damage + stagger damage, when it should be 60% of the full hit + 40% staggered (or whatever your percentage of stagger is).

Dude could you critique me as well, my main is a Blood DK but this monk alt is going to hopefully clear normals soon, I'm curious about anything I can improve;

The choices for the stam enchants, gems are because my monk could use the EH I thought at entry level.

And the professions are being leveled as we speak.

Thanks in advance,

Here's the armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Xinji/advanced

I wouldn't get for stamina unless bosses are one-shoting you. Also you don't need 15% expertise at your level - I have 7.5% in heroic modes and it's enough. I also believe that you might use extra haste & crit, although haste is subject to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Dude could you critique me as well, my main is a Blood DK but this monk alt is going to hopefully clear normals soon, I'm curious about anything I can improve;

The choices for the stam enchants, gems are because my monk could use the EH I thought at entry level.

And the professions are being leveled as we speak.

Thanks in advance,

Here's the armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Xinji/advanced
    Stam gems and enchants... Eh, not a huge fan. I've got a couple because I believe them to be the better option out of the choices provided (e.g. crit/stam gems in blue sockets because I'm already hit capped, so don't need crit/hit), but overall it's not something to aim for. You should get enough stam from base gear, especially if you're only doing normal modes.

I would also say that due to your relatively low ilevel, you probably shouldn't go for the expertise hard cap. 7.5% should do the job, and will free up some stats for more crit.

Fortitude of the Zandalari is a pretty terrible trinket. Replace it with the VP agility trinket.

The agility meta is probably a better option than the stamina one.

Talents and glyphs look good, though you should totally get Glyph of Zen Flight. Amazing glyph for so many reasons, but it won't help you in raids, so it's not too important. Super useful though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Stam gems and enchants... Eh, not a huge fan. I've got a couple because I believe them to be the better option out of the choices provided (e.g. crit/stam gems in blue sockets because I'm already hit capped, so don't need crit/hit), but overall it's not something to aim for. You should get enough stam from base gear, especially if you're only doing normal modes.

I would also say that due to your relatively low ilevel, you probably shouldn't go for the expertise hard cap. 7.5% should do the job, and will free up some stats for more crit.

Fortitude of the Zandalari is a pretty terrible trinket. Replace it with the VP agility trinket.

The agility meta is probably a better option than the stamina one.

Talents and glyphs look good, though you should totally get Glyph of Zen Flight. Amazing glyph for so many reasons, but it won't help you in raids, so it's not too important. Super useful though!
    Agreed on the gemming and gearing but the thing I'm afraid of is the possibility of me tanking normal TOT 10 man with a probably at max 450k HP, non-buffed ofc. That's the only reason I chose the hybrid stam gems and the meta, do you think I won't get globalled?

Thanks for the tip on dropping exp, I was thinking about changing that and it's good advice.

And yes the council trinket sucks, unfortunately this is the stuff I get from LFR

Thanks again for the advice,

And yes the council trinket sucks, unfortunately this is the stuff I get from LFR
    You can always set your loot spec to windwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    You can always set your loot spec to windwalker
    Damn, smart move for that boss :P

Damn, smart move for that boss :P
    Yep - the only boss where you wouldn't want to be WW loot spec is Nalak, so you can get BrM T15. Maaaybe Lei Shen, if you particularly wanted a stamina trinket for some reason. Other than those examples, set your loot spec to WW and never look back.

Agreed on the gemming and gearing but the thing I'm afraid of is the possibility of me tanking normal TOT 10 man with a probably at max 450k HP, non-buffed ofc. That's the only reason I chose the hybrid stam gems and the meta, do you think I won't get globalled?
    Nah. 'Globalling' doesn't really happen, or if it does then your HP wasn't the issue. Maybe you let Shuffle drop off, or the boss' magic/enrage effect wasn't dispelled, or you didn't have Guard up for a predictable big attack (Talon Rake f.ex.), or you didn't move far enough away from Decapitate... Lots of reasons.

Straight up melee damage killing you hasn't really happened since... Maybe WotLK, which is the last time it was advised to gem stam entirely. Since then player skill usually prevents instagibs.

Yep - the only boss where you wouldn't want to be WW loot spec is Nalak, so you can get BrM T15. Maaaybe Lei Shen, if you particularly wanted a stamina trinket for some reason. Other than those examples, set your loot spec to WW and never look back.

Nah. 'Globalling' doesn't really happen, or if it does then your HP wasn't the issue. Maybe you let Shuffle drop off, or the boss' magic/enrage effect wasn't dispelled, or you didn't have Guard up for a predictable big attack (Talon Rake f.ex.), or you didn't move far enough away from Decapitate... Lots of reasons.

Straight up melee damage killing you hasn't really happened since... Maybe WotLK, which is the last time it was advised to gem stam entirely. Since then player skill usually prevents instagibs.
    Okay, thanks again for all of the advice, really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    and unrealated to my first post but did they buff [Gift of the Ox]? seems to summon insane amount of orbs..
    Sort of. They balanced the amount of GotOX orbs that drop while DWing to be in line with how many you get when using a 2h. So 2h GotOX hasn't changed, but it's been buffed for DW.

However, added HP is nice for bosses like Tortos (if you're on bat duty) and Megeara. Heavy magic damage fights, the higher stam can mean the difference. I only enchanted my legs/chest/shoulder for stam and I usually use stam food/flask for the fights mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayre View Post
    Sort of. They balanced the amount of GotOX orbs that drop while DWing to be in line with how many you get when using a 2h. So 2h GotOX hasn't changed, but it's been buffed for DW.
    ah. that explains it. was fixing my weakauras and was standing at a dummy and the entire god damn ground was green from orbs haha