just a small detail

Guard - Guard is a very solid cooldown that will absorb a certain amount of damage as well as increase the effects of your self heals by a certain percentage for 30 seconds, or until damage taken exceeds the absorb amount. The effectiveness of Guard can be modified in two ways. Firstly, via mastery, which will increase both the amount of damage absorbed and the effectiveness of your self heals, and secondly via Brewmaster Training, which causes Tiger Palm to generate a buff which increases the amount of damage absorbed by Guard by 15%. Since Guard has a duration of 30 seconds and a cooldown of 30 seconds, you have plenty of time to use Tiger Palm at least once so as to maximize the effectiveness of your shield. This ability should be used on cooldown unless you know that a big hit is coming, in which case, you should save it for that hit.
    guard is in no way, shape or form, modified by our mastery.

- guard is modified by AP (at *1.9 ap).
    - The shield size is buffed by 15% if you have "power guard" buff up (the buff when you use tiger palm)

our mastery has zero impact on Guard. The only thing it changes is that the more mastery you have, more dmg is staggered, so you'll likely lose less of the shield initially if you purify instantly.

But the shield size, or the healing received are not affected by mastery at all.

Deleted
    Question to the theorycrafters :

Will RJW be used in a single target rotation? Just wondered if its gonna be a dmg gain or loss.

Thx

No math but the amount of additional haste you need to support keeping RJW along with shuffle full time vastly outweighs the additional damage you'll get from RJW.

Deleted
    Seriosusly ... Thanks a lot!
    I'm levelling a "tauren brewmaster monk" and this guide is really useful!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaminkio View Post
    I'm levelling a "tauren brewmaster monk"
    Hgn, needs more Troll Male

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    No math but the amount of additional haste you need to support keeping RJW along with shuffle full time vastly outweighs the additional damage you'll get from RJW.
    you would need about 8500 Haste to accomplish that if my math skills arent completely broken. plus the extra chi you need for PB that would be way to much haste youre right.

thx anyway

I think it's more that people are currently "comfortable" around 4k haste, and to achieve the same level of "comfort" you'd need to raise haste to a high enough level that proposed energy rate - current energy rate = 40 energy/6. That's like what, 21k additional haste rating or so? RJW isn't anywhere near as much damage as 35% crit - the extra damage from haste.

I doubt RJW requires 100% uptime to beat Xuen on single target, which is what really matters. It probably does take an awful lot of haste for RJW to pull ahead, but there are certainly a lot of moving parts beyond just how much haste it takes to maximize uptime.

This was what I started thinking about as a way to figure out how much damage switching to RJW may net you before I decided it's probably not worth the work:
    (Extra Shuffle Time/6)*((RJW*2+Tiger Palm)-(Jab*2+Blackout Kick))-Xuen

Did the zen sphere buffs put it above Chi Wave?

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Did the zen sphere buffs put it above Chi Wave?
    not in any sort of general sense. Pretty much chi burst for aoe damage or healing (BrM healing with that is going to be amazing) and chi wave the rest of the time. I think it's physically possible for ZS to come out ahead if things align perfectly, but unlikely.

Deleted
    Heya guys. Long time MW here that has been told to move over to BrM for tomorrows patch onwards, so I have read the guide on page one and I have been lurking in and out of this thread for a while, however i don't have time to read 227 pages so i will just ask the question (so sorry if you have been talking about it already.)

Anyway, 10m Crit builds. Because ToT 2pc is getting nerfed until the point where we are not using it any more. Would it be better for 10m monks to go mast as well. Because of the vengeance changes i don't thing i will be topping the meters much and i have complete faith in my guilds' DPS.

thanks

Deleted
    Hi, i have on my monk Renataki's Soul Charm and Bad Juju 543, for the patch (and the mastery thing over crit) isnt better to use my RoRo 502 (i know... its strange but i have rerolled and i dont have normal or hm version) instead of bad juju?

Ok, there is a possibiity that my team/guild will transform into 25 man. In such case how should I be gearing/gemming? Meaning how much mastery should I have?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Ok, there is a possibiity that my team/guild will transform into 25 man. In such case how should I be gearing/gemming? Meaning how much mastery should I have?
    I ran with about 9k mastery on our heroic Lei Shen, used RoRo and proc'd crit. I would probably start somewhere around there, and then go up or down depending on how you feel your damage intake is.

So...i have a little easy question.

For brewmasters...which proc we get, Xuen or Niuzao? I wasnt here for a very long time and some people told me there is a proc nerf if tanks use the dps one...i didnt find something to confirm it.

so...which one? Aprecciate the answer!

Doing some random AoE (killing mobs in packs on the isle), i found the cloak proc to only be like 4-5% of my dps, which is probably a little low. So personally I'll be taking the tank one for progress, and then using the dps one for easy farm stuff, which is what I assume most BrMs will be doing.

i think the proc of niuzao is like...meh, compared to others, because if you doing fine, it's useless .-. but the nerf on the proc on tanks is true artaius?

waaait a second...even our dps gem got nerfed for tanks?! D=
    Last edited by Eijy; 2013-09-10 at 08:44 PM.

They reduced the RPPM of both the meta gem and the cloak proc for tanking classes to try and push us towards using tanking meta/tank proc. Only thing I can really see us favoring the cloak proc is if it can be used as a sort of cd to soak a large boss ability that we'd normally need a fairly large cd for.

I personally will be running with the Xuen legendary cloak for the extra damage. I don't think I'll be changing for the tank meta either because more damage = winning vs a random 20% damage reduction.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

I am probably going to stick with DPS cloak but use the tank meta since it got a solid buff whereas i seldom have the problem of only me dying on an encounter. My deaths usually occur when things fall apart but with that said I will hold onto the tank cloak just in case since there is no rule against using both intelligently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which would be better, 504 staff with 500 agi gem or 502+498 1h weapons?