Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Yup, they're working. 139k as Ferocity, 154k as Tenactiy.
    Ya thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Blind strike, I rate it way above the rest for bm, simply for it enhancing your pet control even more (not making it run, just let it teleport).

Dire beast vs ToTH, imo toth feels a lot better especially when you get these 'hot streaks' where it keeps procing most of the time.
    The damage loss won't be worth takign Blink Strike over Murder of Crows. At 88, you'd be losing 6k DPS for some extra movement. It'll be great in PvP, but I can't see it being taken over MoC for serious raiding.

I'm really scared that they are going overboard with nerfing hunters before MoP goes live, we are grossly overpowered right now but I hope they don't overshoot the nerfs ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsawe View Post
    I agree with the Frenzy assessment, I don't think it's currently useful to use Focus Fire either.
    I still need to do some tweaks to the frenzy/focus fire support in my beta site, but currently it's simming as much better dps in BM to not use focus fire. Not sure if simc is getting the same numbers- it's a bit further along in terms of code updates.

Quote Originally Posted by mythas View Post
    And fwiw, with regard to managing the new abilities, here's some nice BM burst on Raider's Dummy, (albeit catching neighbors a bit with Glaive and Lynx).

The full 5 min test yielded 73k.

PVP gear gemmed and chanted (mix of Cata and MoP) self buff no food, flask, or pots, Raider's Dummy; Dire, Lynx, Glaive

(Not my log)
    For those wanting comparisons, Giggitey asked that I post this note since he can't link atm. Same guy, same gear, different talents.

~~~~
    I had no idea it was cleaving, but here's just the raider's training dummy http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...urce/?target=3

I usually use the dummy in org but after the patch I am unable to do anything in org without a large amount of lag, so I went to undercity for testing...

To whoever wanted comparisons, I posted this on my guild's website:

Fervor/crow/glaive http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...urce/?target=8

Blink strike is awful Dire/blink/glaive http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...urce/?target=1

Dire/crow/glaive http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...urce/?target=1

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    I still need to do some tweaks to the frenzy/focus fire support in my beta site, but currently it's simming as much better dps in BM to not use focus fire. Not sure if simc is getting the same numbers- it's a bit further along in terms of code updates.
    Yea, at the moment the only use I've found for it has been on Ya'yak where the pet pathing coding is horrendous and the pet can't actually attack most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mythas View Post
    For those wanting comparisons, Giggitey asked that I post this note since he can't link atm. Same guy, same gear, different talents.

~~~~
    I had no idea it was cleaving, but here's just the raider's training dummy http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...urce/?target=3

I usually use the dummy in org but after the patch I am unable to do anything in org without a large amount of lag, so I went to undercity for testing...

To whoever wanted comparisons, I posted this on my guild's website:

Fervor/crow/glaive http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...urce/?target=8

Blink strike is awful Dire/blink/glaive http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...urce/?target=1

Dire/crow/glaive http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...urce/?target=1
    Awesome, thanks! So yeah, looks like DB is beating out Fervor at 90 as well for single target. I actually liked the rotation of DB better. It wasn't too focus overwhelming and allowed me to easily keep up Serpent Sting without having to worry about it.

So many new posts so little time to read this... I'm goind to taka a break from WoW (HOLIDAYS!!!) and when I come back in 2-3 weeks I hope to read brand new super ultra guide how to dps in beta Great to have so many exceptional hunters involved in beta testing! GJ guys

BTW: 3 weeks without WoW... Even without Internet. Might be strange

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Awesome, thanks! So yeah, looks like DB is beating out Fervor at 90 as well for single target. I actually liked the rotation of DB better. It wasn't too focus overwhelming and allowed me to easily keep up Serpent Sting without having to worry about it.
    Yea, one of the downsides of being flooded with focus is that Serpent Sting actually has a decent chance of falling off, especially during/right after Bestial Wrath when you can't spend focus fast enough. Same deal with Thrill of the Hunt, if you get a LnL proc and a TotH proc back to back with Survival you're more than likely going to have to reapply SrS.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Yea, one of the downsides of being flooded with focus is that Serpent Sting actually has a decent chance of falling off, especially during/right after Bestial Wrath when you can't spend focus fast enough. Same deal with Thrill of the Hunt, if you get a LnL proc and a TotH proc back to back with Survival you're more than likely going to have to reapply SrS.
    I wonder if it will be better to just reapply Serpent Sting when it comes to those high focus regen moments or to Cobra Shot. I wanna say it's better to reapply it during Bestial Wrath(since casting Cobra Shot during that would be terrible), but I can't say for sure. Could be negligible though.

Hmm I'm missing something or call of the wild has gone? I dont have it in my pet skills...

For the hunters wondering which DPS spec is the best to use for single target DPS, you need to look towards BM.

And the talents you wanna use is at the 60 tier - Dire Beast - The reason for this is, it does between 120-180k outside of cooldowns and gives 40 focus, where Thrill of the Hunt sounds good, the amount of focus you already gain, Thrill of the Hunt is not worth it for BM, you never get focus starved and Serpent Sting needs to be kept up aswell, and Fervor its the same CD but it only gives you 60 focus more than a dire beast, so your trading 60 focus for a lot of damage, which is not worth it.

At the 75 tier you just want Murder of Crows, no competition whatsoever.

At the 90 tier you want Glaive Toss, a lot of people think Power Shot / Barrage is "the thing" but the problem is, they have a long cast time and wouldn't be worth it outside of seriously stacked haste cooldowns, which rarely ever happens, and because that doesn't happen you sit there channeling an attack, and it cancels your auto shots aswell. The reason why Glaive Toss is so good is that it does double the damage of an arcane shot on average ( 84000 for me ) and its an instant cast that also costs half the focus of the other options (20).

Using this build I can sustain 95-100k DPS in a 25man raid on single target if I don't get any debuffs that disable me.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Hmm I'm missing something or call of the wild has gone? I dont have it in my pet skills...
    Yes, CotW was removed from Ferocity pets.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Yes, CotW was removed from Ferocity pets.
    Are they going to put in some replacement for it?

Are they going to put in some replacement for it?
    They tweaked Rabid to make it better (I think), but no, there is no new Ferocity dps CD.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2012-08-01 at 11:49 AM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Simpler pre-pull sequence It's a pity, cause i like this cd... Irreplaceable in current rotation.

And which pet will we use in MoP? Still ferocity?
    Last edited by dzidek; 2012-08-01 at 12:16 PM.

Simpler pre-pull sequence It's a pity, cause i like this cd... Irreplaceable in current rotation.

Most likely you'll be using Ferocity for PVE, Tenacity for Soloing/Off-tanking, and Cunning for PVP. Since any pet can be any spec now, you can bring Ferocity Turtles if the buff/debuff is appropriate or not needed (I'm sure we'll get another flowchart, if one already hasn't been made).

Basically their whole point on removing it, I'd guess. They didn't want hunters swapping pets just to get extra CotWs. But yeah, Rabid was tweaked to make it much better. As chrth said, Blizzard has made choosing a pet much simpler in MoP. Ferocity for PvE, Cunning for PvP, and Tenacity for tanking. All pets can choose any spec, so it opens up many more pets for us now.

It wasn't because the doing a pre - CotW was any hard.

Its a bug that forces any hunter who wants to do top damage to exploit, and anything that forces you to exploit to compete, is extremely bad and should be removed/fixed. Its the same thing with Warlock mastery sets, or the rogue shenanigans with I believe tier 6 or something.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Heh, so I can now run with sth other than 4 wolves

Maybe it was a bug, maybe not. It was in the game and you have to use it if you want to stay competitive.