10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone seen the new episode? I missed it, and can't find it anywhere online.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Has anyone seen the new episode? I missed it, and can't find it anywhere online.
    downloading it now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    downloading it now
    Downloaded and watched!

Not going to lie, actually liked this episode. I like how it ended...Korra might actually be guided towards a better mentality considering her current predicament.

MINOR SPOILER: I just want to point out that the Fire Nation captured the avatar at the end of the episode

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    MINOR SPOILER: I just want to point out that the Fire Nation captured the avatar at the end of the episode
    "captured"

Anyway, I'd like to point out I figured Varrick out before Mako did. I win.

And if they even THINK about trying to bring the love triangle back in, I will hunt them down.

Anyway, Korra herself was tolerable most of the episode, but she kinda ruined it in the last minute and a half or so.

I was a little disappointed of season 1. Has season 2 been better this far?

love triangle works it's way back in and i am fucking done with this shit.

the ending was pretty cool though, made me want to see what happens next.

Anyone else actually cringe at the mecha-tank animation? I mean, I know it was obviously out of place in the first season, but WOW it looks out of place much more now. It's like they tried to dull the sharp CGI down but somehow made it stick out more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    love triangle works it's way back in and i am fucking done with this shit.

the ending was pretty cool though, made me want to see what happens next.
    Nothing says love triangle like a single kiss and amnesia.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Nothing says love triangle like a single kiss and amnesia.
    Yeah... but creating random romantic tension BS does though...

Saw the episode and... I'm not really sure what to fully think. Like, did I miss something or what? Is there a Book 1.5 that just retcons half of what happened before and I didn't see it?

First of all, is LIn stupid? Did she hit her head on her metallic suit? Did her brain just collapse in on itself when it could no longer handle how awesome her family is? Because when did Avatar, the show about bending the elements to your will, turn into a cliche cop drama? Seriously, I'm expecting Lin to pace her office next episode ranting about how Mako's a loose-cannon. And why do those too inspectors or whatever with the moustaches remind me of the detectives from Hot Fuzz?

The bad joke aside, this seriously does look like a cliche cop drama, or they are trying to parody it. Lin completely shuts Mako out because he's a "rookie"? Seriously? Sure, I'll waste no time in pointing out when Mako's a failure because I just don't like him, but seriously? He did technically get further than Lin ever did with fighting Amon. Sure, her character says she isn't one to give praise, but let's not pretend like it never happened. (Hell, her "sacrifice" doesn't even matter anymore when you realize Amon's magic plot-twisting powers allowed him to capture Tenzin's family anyway.) But no, every crime ever for now on is Northern Water-Tribe, so just not do any actual police work, and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

And yes, Varrick is an ass. I just... I'm not sure what I should fully think of it. So he's been "helping" them as a means to look good while furthering his own ends... So he's just another Sato? Okay, unoriginal villains aside, I can only pray that his motives are more than, "I want even MORE money and power in business!" I mean, I liked Varrick, I always like the crazy/ecentric guy, but nah, let's just make him another bad guy...

Another point that makes me think there was something I missed is Asami... Is there just... never going to be any actual mention of how much of an douchebag Mako was to her? Sure, we got a minor line from Bolin, but that was it. Asami's perfectly fine with being around the guy, as though it never happened. I'm not saying to make her a bitter bitch who's as passive-aggresive as all hell, but let's see SOMETHING!

And for them to throw in more romantic tripe as a means of just having it... AH!! God damnit all! You know what... Book 3 should just have Asami randomly show up whenever the plot didn't need her, with black eyes or a broken arm or something. She'll quickly make up an excuse just before Mako stumbles in, drinking from a bottle of... Sokka's Brand Cactus Booze, or something... I suppose Book 4 can start off with Asami pulling a shotgun on Mako, killing him then claiming self-defense... I want to like her character, I really do. But when her sole purpose is to be a sad little puppy to force emotion into a scene, or for one of the "main" characters to have a love interest, infuriates me.

I want to like LoK, despite what my comments might say, but at times when I think they are trying to make the show the best it can be, I get a hard backhand across the face... and that hand has rings on it...

I'd also rant on about how a main character having amnesia is one of the dumbest plot points you can have in a story, but I remember it's Korra and shut up. As long as half of her scenes don't pretain to, "I don't know," then I'm fine. Hopefully the fire-sage guys can mold her psyche into a good character. I remember once seeing someone mention how one of the fire-sages from the trailers they showed kind of looked like an old Azula, I think that'd be interesting to see if it was true.
    Last edited by Zonas; 2013-10-12 at 01:49 PM.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Actually korra losing her memory works out good. Considering that next weeks episode is the flash back to avatar Wan, the first avatar. I think he will show korra who she really is and what she can really do. Plus its going to be animated by Studio Mir (Animators from season 1), which means it should be great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post

Another point that makes me think there was something I missed is Asami... Is there just... never going to be any actual mention of how much of an douchebag Mako was to her? Sure, we got a minor line from Bolin, but that was it. Asami's perfectly fine with being around the guy, as though it never happened. I'm not saying to make her a bitter bitch who's as passive-aggresive as all hell, but let's see SOMETHING!
    In all fairness, her reaction and actions are pretty realistic Generally speaking, after you've been in a long term relationship with someone, it's pretty hard to just shut down those feelings, especially with so little time having passed in the show's timeline. There are many things off with how the show has portrayed relationships and women this season, but Asami's actions aren't one of them.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    In all fairness, her reaction and actions are pretty realistic Generally speaking, after you've been in a long term relationship with someone, it's pretty hard to just shut down those feelings, especially with so little time having passed in the show's timeline. There are many things off with how the show has portrayed relationships and women this season, but Asami's actions aren't one of them.
    I'm fine with her somewhat latching on to someone in her hour of need. That's a thing, I don't always like it, but I accept it for what it is. Sure, she's depressed now since she's lost everything, and was consoled by someone when she needed it. But Mako?

It's not even the fact that there could be remaining feelings between them. The guy literally stabbed in her in back, and kicked her aside to be with Korra. Perhaps if they had a scene with them breaking up or both realizing that they aren't right for each other, sure. But with the way they did it? For her to immediately want to be with him again is insane, going back to my abusive-boyfriend analogy...

And like I said, I don't want her to be a bitter bitch about it, but for them to not even acknowledge it just confounds me.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get you haters. How is this any different from TLA?? We had constant scenes of Aang trying to get Katara, Sokka making jokes (and some weren't that great) and trying to get some bitch, some episodes seem like filler essentially (Avatar Day anyone), new characters coming and going, constant friendship speeches from Katara (where later they insulted), where Katara openly acts like a bitch (and again, they joke and insult with ), and in the end of the day, I was extremely happy seeing the show's extremely well choreographed fight scenes, the four elements, the avatar, the villains and how epic some of it is, and just happy to see characters I like.

I am happy seeing this show every week. You know which episode I did not like, the first one of the first season, and that was because I thought and confirmed that Katara was going to be a cliche tomboy learning and seeing Republic City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I don't get you haters. How is this any different from TLA?? We had constant scenes of Aang trying to get Katara, Sokka making jokes (and some weren't that great) and trying to get some bitch, some episodes seem like filler essentially (Avatar Day anyone), new characters coming and going, constant friendship speeches from Katara (where later they insulted), where Katara openly acts like a bitch (and again, they joke and insult with ), and in the end of the day, I was extremely happy seeing the show's extremely well choreographed fight scenes, the four elements, the avatar, the villains and how epic some of it is, and just happy to see characters I like.

I am happy seeing this show every week. You know which episode I did not like, the first one of the first season, and that was because I thought and confirmed that Katara was going to be a cliche tomboy learning and seeing Republic City.
    There was character development/growth in TLA. They may have had their kiddie and annoying moments, but they learned from their mistakes..grew stronger. Slowly and surely maturing and becoming the strongest benders (and fighters) of their generation. Here?
    It's just a bunch of love drama with a shit ton of cliches. They don't grow as characters, they haven't gotten any stronger or better in their bending...they're just standing still in that respect. We haven't seen some awesome earthbending from Boling...or great firebending from Mako. Just little things here and there. They haven't matured or learned anything in anyway shape or form either. Idk, that's what I dislike most about LoK and miss from TLA. It's more about teenage love crap and little cliches rather than some real action and conflict.

Another thing that really bothers me is the whole Avatar state thing. I believe I mentioned it previously. It was a huge and epic moment for Aang being able to achieve control over the Avatar state..for Korra..just happened.

I'm hoping her meeting with the first Avatar will be...decent at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i've had a funny feeling about Varrick for a while but they make him so likeable it kinda threw me off a bit

Maybe the line he said to Asami "If you can't make a profit from a war then you can't make a profit" is his way of literally telling them his intentions

So I liked this episode and I hated it.

First of all whats with the cliche cop drama with Mako? You got the head chief that doesn't listen to jack shit but her own thoughts and then the 2 stooges who laugh at Mako and im 100% sure they are working for Verrick to cover up any dirt on him and throw it towards the northern water tribe.

Secondly I still haven't figured out whats bolins purpose in this season is. He is random and it's getting pathetic. Just kill him off already... or make him gay at least.

Asami randomly kisses Mako?!?!!? DA HELL IS THIS. She had no indication what so ever of any lingering feelings, it would be nice if they did subtle hints instead of her randomly kissing him once her company was stolen.

The high light of this episode was Korra getting amnesia which I wasn't expecting tbh, I was thinking the spirit eats her and sends her to the spirit realm hmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    There was character development/growth in TLA. They may have had their kiddie and annoying moments, but they learned from their mistakes..grew stronger. Slowly and surely maturing and becoming the strongest benders (and fighters) of their generation. Here?
    It's just a bunch of love drama with a shit ton of cliches. They don't grow as characters, they haven't gotten any stronger or better in their bending...they're just standing still in that respect. We haven't seen some awesome earthbending from Boling...or great firebending from Mako. Just little things here and there. They haven't matured or learned anything in anyway shape or form either. Idk, that's what I dislike most about LoK and miss from TLA. It's more about teenage love crap and little cliches rather than some real action and conflict.

Another thing that really bothers me is the whole Avatar state thing. I believe I mentioned it previously. It was a huge and epic moment for Aang being able to achieve control over the Avatar state..for Korra..just happened.

I'm hoping her meeting with the first Avatar will be...decent at least.
    1st. I agree with the character development in terms of bending but in terms of how characters change views and gain new perspective, I would disagree on that.

2nd. There was a post a while back on this forum on how Korra slowly gained and understood the avatar state. I didn't read it because I didn't care and even if I did read it I would still think its bullcrap, because I agree with you, the whole avatar state is very flawed in the way the writers explained it in TLA and continue to show in LOK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nooooooooo, Varick, don't be a bad guy! I love you too much. If he turns evil, I'll be rooting for him. Fuck the avatar, go Varick!

In all seriousness, saw this coming a mile away. However, I'm truly still hoping that he himself got set up by a rival or something. Like, rival buys his special bombs, sets it up so that the source of the bombs is found out and he gets suspected. The rival also knew he would help Asami, which would make him even more suspicious. Pleeeeeease let it be something like that, pleeeeeaaaaaase.

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    Nooooooooo, Varick, don't be a bad guy! I love you too much. If he turns evil, I'll be rooting for him. Fuck the avatar, go Varick!

In all seriousness, saw this coming a mile away. However, I'm truly still hoping that he himself got set up by a rival or something. Like, rival buys his special bombs, sets it up so that the source of the bombs is found out and he gets suspected. The rival also knew he would help Asami, which would make him even more suspicious. Pleeeeeease let it be something like that, pleeeeeaaaaaase.
    The chairspin though. It's the bright room equivalent of the half in shadow thing they did with Unalaq.