10+ Year Old Account
    Zuko is 87, doesn't mean he isn't agile as we have found age doesn't have to much to do with physical strength in the Avatar world but I highly doubt that Zuko is Amon.

EDIT: Voices can actually be genetic so it's fine the Iroh having his grandfather's voice.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SvetlanaSvetlana View Post
    Overt speculation leads people to believe that Amon is Bloodbending, but overlook the simple fact that Amon is a master Chi-Blocker.

The scene is simple: Amon dodged Korra and Mako's attacks, and paralyzed them with a few quick jabs.

I personally think that Amon has something to do with Koh the Face-Stealer, because he specifically mentioned the spirits, and is capable of Energybending to a degree that even dwarfs Aang's ability to do so. (Aang needed to call upon the Avatar State to do it) Koh is one of the oldest spirits, and his knowledge is vast. That, or he has something to do with Wan shi Tong. Both spirits are exceptionally knowledgeable and powerful.

I know my theory is nothing more than baseless speculation like a lot of the theories here, but you have to think: Bending is sort of an IDENTITY for people. Who's to say that while he's not stealing people's faces directly, it's more of a spiritual thing, and if they were to go into the spirit world, they'd be faceless. Also, when you see people who've lost their bending, they don't look like themselves. He's not just removing their bending, he's stealing a part of them that renders them into a shadow of their former self.
    Interesting theory, I think you might be right about them just being paralyzed instead....totally forgot about that, and they do also have similar jerky movements. It is true that for bender's their power defines them and those who lost it seem lifeless and drained. Amon seems to have a face though cause we saw his eyes once, but can't be too sure...never know if the face stealer in human form just puts a random face on instead of no face. Plus Koh has been known to use masks as his face, and Amon's is similar to the mask he uses in airbender.

Also, another interesting thing I just read about Wan shi Tong, that big owl... "Wan Shi Tong had studied all three types of waterbending: Northern Water Style, Southern Water Style, and Foggy Swamp Style. It was unfortunate he took the library with him as Southern Water Style is all but extinct in the Avatar world, except for a few surviving southern benders such as Hama. "

Somehow that owl spirit can waterbend, plus he knows the south water style which is rare, and Hama is the chick who discovered bloodbending.

Been trying to figure out how yakone/tarrlok can bloodbend without the moon and my best guesses were that they are either human form of one of the water spirits, those 2 fishes who represent ocean and moon....but the black male fish as opposed to the white female one that princess yue was. Or they come from a royal bloodline, such as Hama's.....then I read this theory they got some moon necklace made of meteorite from the moon dunno bout that.....but now possibly they are powered by the owl spirit who is a master waterbender.

Both spirits you could say have same incentive as amon.....koh dislikes emotion which i guess bending brings forth, power thru emotions like peace for air, rage for fire, ect. And the owl spirit got angry when knowledge was abused for power, which is like bending being abused for power.

There wasn't even an attempt to make him sound older than Zuko was though. It's obvious General Iroh is much older than the Zuko we knew from TLA. I just feel as if someone with his body type/age/heck, even war experience would have a gruffer voice.

I doubt it's going to be anyone who hasn't been mentioned in the new series.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    So I have a new idea for who Amon is. This will sound quite insane, but bear with me!
    He is one of the most beloved characters of the Avatar series, his name... is Firelord Zuko.
    Dude.....learn to use the ENTER BUTTON. Your wall of text hurts my eyes.

Interesting theory though, they said Zuko has been traveling the world but seems like he is just old and more peaceful guy. In the books, he tries to stop the "seperation movement" where they move all firebenders out of earth cities cause of the old republic city which has learned to live peacefully with each other including the earth leader married to a fire wife. The ba sing se earth king gets pissed and wants to declare war......but I think zuko has good intentions here so I doubt he will be punished to that extent.

But its possible, he was close with the kyoshi warriors who know chi blocking plus he is a master martial artist, knows lightnign bendign so can be peaceful and in touch with spiritual side....stuff like that. Just that he would be WAY too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    So I have a new idea for who Amon is. This will sound quite insane, but bear with me!
    He is one of the most beloved characters of the Avatar series, his name... is Firelord Zuko.
    What we currently know of Zuko in the new series of avatar. He is alive, and is traveling the world and we have not heard from or seen of him yet. His daughter is the current firelord. That is all we know of Zuko.
    What we currently know of Amon is that he is very agile, can 'take away someone's bending,' lost his parents to the fire nation, very smart military leader, has a hatred for bending.
    Here is what I think has happened - If you have been keeping track of the comic series "The Promise" in the first book(There is supposed to be three, only one is out so far.) Zuko and Aang begin to have some conflicts arise between the two of them. The other two are unreleased. I think during the last two comics, somehow the struggle between Aang and Zuko reaches a boiling point(That much is known to happen look it up, it was mentioned in last years comic con.) Zuko threatens to bring war back to the world because of some bad things happening to the fire nation. Aang and Zuko get into a massive fight, and everything gets to be terrible and Zuko fires off a lightning bolt towards Katarra.(It barely misses) I think this angers Aang, he goes into the avatar state and smacks Zuko down, and removes his bending.
    Aang doesn't remove his bending, or at least I can't find anything about it. He just goes into Avatar State to beat him up, but Katara calms him down.

The creators have specifically said Amon is not a Character we know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    The creators have specifically said Amon is not a Character we know.
    Source please

10+ Year Old Account
    Mako was electrified, and Korra is simply shaking with fear. That's all. We seen it all before.

Light Chakra "Ajna"

Guru Pathik began by explaining that the greatest illusion of the world was the one of separation; things thought to be separate and different were in fact one and the same. Aang instantly connected this concept with the four nations, and Pathik told him that every individual was part of one collective people, yet lived as if separated. Aang realized that Pathik was saying that everyone was connected, thus making divisions meaningless. Pathik continued to explain that even the separation of the four elements was an illusion, as they are four parts of the same whole. He then continued by stating that even metal was simply refined and purified earth, concurrent with Toph's discovery of metalbending elsewhere.

Deals With :Insight

Blocked by : Illusion

From the avatar wiki, I believe this has everything to do with how Amon takes away people bending. The elements are four parts of the same whole, this must deeply connected on how the avatar has its power, and maybe closing this chakra would take someone bending away? But every chakra can be opened again right?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already been speculated that Amon seals the Light chakra, putting them under the firm illusion that they can no longer bend. This is still just another one of the god-knows-how-many theories though.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Okay, updating the list

Amon is:
    - Aang
    - Aang's secret student
    - A second avatar that came into existence after AtLA season 2
    - Professor Zei
    - A robot
    - The gathered energy of Aang's energybending released after his death.
    - Bumi
    - Koh
    - A random spirit that is pissed that Korra isn't very spiritual
    - Any of the joke characters
    - Any of the hypothetical children of the old cast
    - Asami
    - that one little kid from that one episode who nobody remembers the name of
    - He doesn't exist
    - different people using a mask to disguise themselves as each other
    - the guru
    - Zuko
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's already been speculated that Amon seals the Light chakra, putting them under the firm illusion that they can no longer bend. This is still just another one of the god-knows-how-many theories though.
    Ok thanks for the insight xD

I should have explained my post a little bit more, like Amon might carry the legacy of the ancients energy benders, like the lion turtle said long ago there were a lot of people who could bend energy, but then it changed with time into the 4 types of bending, and only the avatar still carries that power cause it comes with the avatar spirit. If a kid can inherit the fire bending from his fire bending father/mother maybe Amon belongs to a pure bloodline never in contact with the elemental bending "genes" and that still carries the ancient energy bending.

So Ijffdrie you can update your list with : A decedent of the ancient people who could energy bend before the avatar even existed.
    Last edited by Wartide_ysera; 2012-06-18 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartide_ysera View Post
    Ok thanks for the insight xD

I should have explained my post a little bit more, like Amon might carry the legacy of the ancients energy benders, like the lion turtle said long ago there were a lot of people who could bend energy, but then it changed with time into the 4 types of bending, and only the avatar still carries that power cause it comes with the avatar spirit. If a kid can inherit the fire bending from his fire bending father/mother maybe Amon belongs to a pure bloodline never in contact with the elemental bending "genes" and that still carries the ancient energy bending.
    Considering there were hundreds of avatars, that would be difficult unless Amon is really, really inbred.

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Considering there were hundreds of avatars, that would be difficult unless Amon is really, really inbred.
    Perhaps it works like a gene that never shows up for generations and by fate meets all the criteria to activate on a kid thousands of years later.

I enjoy speculations so don't get mad at me if you guys are done with it, I just found this thread so I'm all fresh xD

The more and more this goes on, the more and more convinced I am that his ability to "remove" bending doesn't actually remove it; it either seals it away (which could potentially be broken by his defeat/possibly the Avatar?) or it is merely an illusion and the people don't actually lose their ability to bend. (could also be restored by his defeat or by the Avatar in the Avatar state, which I assume we will finally see next episode)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want amon to be someone we know, doesn't it make sense that someone with enough drive and hate for benders could dedicate their life to martial arts, chi blocking and communicating with the spirits enough to become what he is today?

I also hope people have lost their bending for good, not some disney story where everyone is good at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartide_ysera View Post
    Perhaps it works like a gene that never shows up for generations and by fate meets all the criteria to activate on a kid thousands of years later.

I enjoy speculations so don't get mad at me if you guys are done with it, I just found this thread so I'm all fresh xD
    No problem with me, I just found it a few days ago.

I doubt the nature of bending is genetic. As I said, the avatar cycle is hundreds of generations old. Yet, in that time, the four bending types have barely intermingled. Killing the air nomads was enough to ensure the death of all airbenders, but if bending was fully genetic, airbending genes would probably have spread around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I don't want amon to be someone we know, doesn't it make sense that someone with enough drive and hate for benders could dedicate their life to martial arts, chi blocking and communicating with the spirits enough to become what he is today?

I also hope people have lost their bending for good, not some disney story where everyone is good at the end.
    I agree, for the most part at least.

They're going to tie up and arrest Amon like in one of those old scooby doo scenes, then slowly take off the mask. Underneath his mask will be: A) Another Mask. B) Trollface.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    No problem with me, I just found it a few days ago.

I doubt the nature of bending is genetic. As I said, the avatar cycle is hundreds of generations old. Yet, in that time, the four bending types have barely intermingled. Killing the air nomads was enough to ensure the death of all airbenders, but if bending was fully genetic, airbending genes would probably have spread around the world.
    I say genes because its an easy way to understand father to son bend inheritance, I think its pretty certain that bending is something inherited and not achieved, so that was the word I used to explain it.
    I believe the reason airbenders didn't spread around the world is that they would not leave their islands and go searching for love in other nations after all they were monks.

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post

The hell with that, WE CAN'T LOSE SPIDER LIN !!!!!!!!