Deleted
    If I remember correctly some1 said that in a interview they said "Amon is not someone you konw! " like why do we keep relating to them, its unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    have you ever watched the movie "V for Vendetta"? that works very well for propaganda.
    V is an exception though. His Face was so badly burned he had no EYES left. I still stand by Amon is hiding his face because he is well known in the city, could be a famous actor or something. Reasoning is because of the HUGE cost it would be to make all there gadgets, even if that one automaker is helping them- them = equalists.

So this is a praragraph that I've found lying around on the internet. I highly doubt its validity, but it does sounds quite cool.
    POSSIBLE SPOILER.

Amon is a man known as Hakoi Fen, a previous student to Avatar Aang before he died. Within his time as a child, Hakoi lived on a farm with his two parents (unnamed). Being extorted by local bending gangs ( consisting of a young Yakkone, A nameless fire bender, and earth bender named Umo) Hakoi and his family were forced in to pay heavy fees in exchange for "protection". In an attempt to help his family Hakoi stood up to the fire benders, who in turn disfigured his face. In rage Hakoi's Father retaliated at the gang but was killed.
    While traveling on a spiritual Pilgrimage to better connect himself with the spiritual world, Aang Met Hakoi. The two became well acquainted and soon became friends, meeting up at an old cherry blossom tree to meditate and talk. Aang soon found out about Hakoi's troubles and swiftly took care of the fire bending gangs.
    Hakoi was not pleased with the fact that Aang did not kill the gang members, and began to feel a negative outlook on all benders in general for their misuse of their powers. While relations with Hakoi began to draw thin, Aang decided to teach Hakoi a unique form of bending he called "Withdrawal Bending" (also known as energy bending). Unknown to Hakoi though, Aang only taught him half of what was required for energy bending, only allowing him to block the mind but not the body.
    Upon Aang's departure Hakoi tended to his mother who's health was declining due to severe depression. After she died Hakoi began a pilgrimage of his own, where he met members of the Kioshi warriors who taught him chi blocking, then later he met the descendants of the Mechanist who passed on their knowledge of machinery to Hakoi.Hakoi soon learned that electricity produced from a fire bender was unique. A form of accelerated Chi, A fire benders electricity had potential to create a back flow of chi which would render bending un-usable for a certain amount of time. Using his new found knowledge Hakoi, dawned as Amon and began his reign of equalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharix View Post
    So this is a praragraph that I've found lying around on the internet. I highly doubt its validity, but it does sounds quite cool.
    POSSIBLE SPOILER.
    Sounds more like a fanfiction.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Yeah except the end where firebending is what is taking away bending from people.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Then I have a weird idea. If they actually did lose their bending, couldn't they relearn them from the "original" sources of bending?

Like remember the episode "Firebending Masters" in the Book Fire, Zuko was losing his ability to fire bend.. well he lost the source to bend fire. What if, we'll say, a bender truly lost their bending from Amon, maybe it's a possibility they could relearn from the original source? Skybison, dragons, badger moles, and... idk water bending source.

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    V is an exception though. His Face was so badly burned he had no EYES left. I still stand by Amon is hiding his face because he is well known in the city, could be a famous actor or something. Reasoning is because of the HUGE cost it would be to make all there gadgets, even if that one automaker is helping them- them = equalists.
    um no V was not like that, he could read, watch movies and look at art, which he did regularly.

but anyway, I think that amon is actually telling the truth here, there was most likely alot of extorted farmers in those times so he would be hard to find in records, and he probably just wears the mask because his face is so badly burnt it borders on grotesque.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Sounds more like a fanfiction.
    Sounds a lot like fanfiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immaguy View Post
    Then I have a weird idea. If they actually did lose their bending, couldn't they relearn them from the "original" sources of bending?

Like remember the episode "Firebending Masters" in the Book Fire, Zuko was losing his ability to fire bend.. well he lost the source to bend fire. What if, we'll say, a bender truly lost their bending from Amon, maybe it's a possibility they could relearn from the original source? Skybison, dragons, badger moles, and... idk water bending source.

What do you guys think?
    it would be neat but i think that you need the actual power first before you learn it, like you were born with the ability, but just had to learn how to use it. (like the gene theory) I don't think that zuko lost his bending exactly, he just lost his "drive" or the emotion that he was using as the source of his power (bending does get power boosts based on your emotional state, look at katara in book one)

Edit: actually I just remembered oma and shu. I don't think they were benders at all and they created earthbending themselves... the origins are kinda confusing, but they probably just had the ability and were the first to learn it.
    Last edited by ranku; 2012-06-19 at 07:28 PM.
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

have you ever watched the movie "V for Vendetta"? that works very well for propaganda.
    You know why it worked? Because he wanted to be faceless, he wanted to be something everybody could wear. That was why it made sense. NONE of Amons followers wears that mask, it's totally his unique style. He might as well just show the world the face of one that has lost everything to the benders.

it would be neat but i think that you need the actual power first before you learn it, like you were born with the ability, but just had to learn how to use it. (like the gene theory) I don't think that zuko lost his bending exactly, he just lost his "drive" or the emotion that he was using as the source of his power (bending does get power boosts based on your emotional state, look at katara in book one)

Edit: actually I just remembered oma and shu. I don't think they were benders at all and they created earthbending themselves... the origins are kinda confusing, but they probably just had the ability and were the first to learn it.

That is what I meant to say about zuko. Failed at the right? Lol

but I will look more into it. Because in the episodes "sozins comet" i don't remember which part, pretty sure it was 2. He learned from the lion turtle to bend energy. The lion turtle also said as he was bending Ozai's energy, "In the era before the avatar, we bend not the elements, but the energy within ourselves." SO THUS SAYING in my argument. WHAT IF learning how to bend energy can lead you too it? idk.. theory craft.

While that theory is cool I don't think it's the real deal. There's too much knowledge there for it to be real.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Oma and Shu learnt earth bending from badgermoles so they could create a maze in the mountain - it seems they show affection and pity as they also taught Toph because she couldn't see like her.
    Aside if Amon is just chi-blocking or whatever why not teach it to some equalists? I get that it gives him a unique position and therefore requirement to their movement however why not even teach it to the Lieutenant... it would sure give him an easier job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You know why it worked? Because he wanted to be faceless, he wanted to be something everybody could wear. That was why it made sense. NONE of Amons followers wears that mask, it's totally his unique style. He might as well just show the world the face of one that has lost everything to the benders.
    like I said, he probably just does it because his face is grotesque. besides, anonymity is a powerful tool, that's why i compared him to V. He tries to empower the common folk (nonbenders) so the government officials (benders) that have been abusing their power will fear him and the common folk while having no idea who this "masked man" that is causing all these problems really is. it is the same principle.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immaguy View Post
    WHAT IF learning how to bend energy can lead you too it? idk.. theory craft.
    that is an interesting theory, you would just have to know exactly how bending would "effect your energy" and amon could very well do that since he has taken bending from so many people.

like I said, he probably just does it because his face is grotesque. besides, anonymity is a powerful tool, that's why i compared him to V. He tries to empower the common folk (nonbenders) so the government officials (benders) that have been abusing their power will fear him and the common folk while having no idea who this "masked man" that is causing all these problems really is. it is the same principle.
    Aha, so he IS known!

Come on, it's gonna be lame if he takes off his mask and people are like "*gasp* Who the hell is that guy?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever since the episode where Amon showed his power to take away bending, I have suspected him to be Aang. As of now, it only makes more and more sense.
    No coz if amon is Aang Korra cant be a avatar since a new avatar is born into one of the four elements if the current one dies due age.

I can't explain it too well, but it makes perfect sense for me, no matter what you want Aang to be. That's my theory, and good thinkers stick to it until anybody got proof that can't be kicked away with the experience that comes when time passes.
    Bit hard too call yourself a good thinker if your theory isnt based of actual facts but speculation coz all other 50 options in this thread didnt make sense too you i can name you plenty of reasons why aang cant be amon but reading what you have said so far you will prob not belive that either.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2012-06-19 at 08:57 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you get the fact he had no eyes left? That's not true at all...

um no V was not like that, he could read, watch movies and look at art, which he did regularly.

but anyway, I think that amon is actually telling the truth here, there was most likely alot of extorted farmers in those times so he would be hard to find in records, and he probably just wears the mask because his face is so badly burnt it borders on grotesque.
    Go back and rewatch the movie, when the female Scientist describes him after the medical center burned down at his doing, she said you could "Feel him glaring at you, even though there were no eyes". I don't recall him ever being shown to read something, but brail- from what I know- isn't hard to learn. You can know whats going on in a movie with out SEEING it, when he talks about "The Count of Monte Cristo" with Eve he talks about the feelings and words more than describing the action and emotion. Blind people have been known to "see" art through there touch, smell and taste. this goes for those where became blind later in life and not just those born blind. Good try though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if we have learnt anything from shows is that the bad guy loses and the good guys win. I just hope its a real fight tho, and not just an easy for win for the benders.

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    No coz if amon is Aang Korra cant be a avatar since a new avatar is born into one of the four elements if the current one dies due age.

Bit hard too call yourself a good thinker if your theory isnt based of actual facts but speculation coz all other 50 options in this thread didnt make sense too you i can name you plenty of reasons why aang cant be amon but reading what you have said so far you will prob not belive that either.
    Good thinkers ain't good thinkers because of facts, they are good thinkers because of imagination. Everybody can take facts. Also, you conveniently didn't quote my argument against Korra and Aang being there at the same time, I think if the Avatar takes away his bending as I think Aang has, the Avatar cycle continues.

Also, I'm not sure what you said in the last line.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 11:11 PM ----------

Go back and rewatch the movie, when the female Scientist describes him after the medical center burned down at his doing, she said you could "Feel him glaring at you, even though there were no eyes". I don't recall him ever being shown to read something, but brail- from what I know- isn't hard to learn. You can know whats going on in a movie with out SEEING it, when he talks about "The Count of Monte Cristo" with Eve he talks about the feelings and words more than describing the action and emotion. Blind people have been known to "see" art through there touch, smell and taste. this goes for those where became blind later in life and not just those born blind. Good try though.
    Might be she just couldn't see his eyes, but he still had vision.