OOOOOWWW MAAAAANN

the part where all the avatars appears was amazing!!!!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I wish they would've stopped the finale after the Tarlok/Amon resolution. The very end of the finale was way too deus ex machina. "Oh lul guiz everythings okay, jk, I had a spiritual epiphany"
    I do wish that she would've had to go to the spirit world to regain her powers. Maybe even train with Kuruk, Roku, and Kyoshi. Although I think the way they handled it was just fine. Not to mention that the first season was meant to be the end, so it wouldn't have made sense if she never regained her powers before they ended the series.

Spoilers!

I'm so pissed off. I recorded the show and the recording stopped right before the end. I got up to the part where she was giving beifong back her powers, then it just stopped. Does anyone know where i can find it online? Or did i even miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    Spoilers!

I'm so pissed off. I recorded the show and the recording stopped right before the end. I got up to the part where she was giving beifong back her powers, then it just stopped. Does anyone know where i can find it online? Or did i even miss anything?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbe...action_thread/

This might help you. ^^

Ended perfect, having her relearn all of the powers except air-bending would have been to much like the first series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Ended perfect, having her relearn all of the powers except air-bending would have been to much like the first series.
    i thought up until Aang showed up and gave her her powers back that that would happen. i am also incredibly curious where they go next, who the next baddie is and what turmoil lies ahead. any word on when the next season is slated to start? i know they will be at SDCC, but im not sure if their schedule is out there somewhere already.

The frontpage of a certain imageboard.A bit ridiculous.
    Would've had a better setup for S2 if Korra didn't get back her earth/water/fire bending and had to relearn it.And actually make Bolin/Mako somewhat useful since she can't fire/earth bend.And now that she can bend all of the normal elements, what sort of overpowered asspulling foe will the Krew face in S2?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the only cliffhanger that seems to be there is.. what the hell is gonna happen season 2, there is like no cliffhangers so you have no idea what the story will be :O

That finale was fucking amazing. It kinda makes me wonder if we all won't have too high expectations for season 2.

Amon (i already forgot his real name) being a bloodbender wasn't a complete surprise: after all he did resist the bloodbending from Tarlok and you can see him using it in the season finale preview.

I'm just amazed by the whole story and plot and how they tied up all the loose ends.

Also the fact Korra actually got her bending taken at first and not going overpowered Avatar State mode was a nice twist.

Deleted
    Absolutely fucking amazing. I can't wait to see the new villain is season 2?! I really want a dual bender or something. It's got to be something other than a blood bender. Maybe an air bender that was unknown of for years?
    Air bender married Earth bender and the children were nothing but earth benders but there was a recessive gene? Much like how your parents could be small and you could be giant because the grandfather/mother was?
    SO STOKED FOR THIS.

It appears that I am the only one who didn't really like the finale. It wasn't horrible or anything, but I do have a few major issues with it

1) Am I the only one who thought that the twist was going to be that Amon wasn't really going to be Yakone's brother? Amon obviously has a very different skin-colour than the kid, we clearly see him fire-bend (look how he is pushing aside the flaming wall) when following Korra and there is absolutely no explanation for how the hell Amon was taking away bending. I'd accept blood-bending as an explanation, except that Korra clearly needs to use energy-bending to return it. We might get an explanation for this next season, but I still feel that one of the characters should have noticed it.
    2) How the hell did Mako and Korra both break free of blood-bending? Yakone was easily able to control an entire courtroom with his eyeballs, yet Amon can't control two people.
    3) Naga is suddenly able to throw around mecha-tanks and break through iron bars.
    4) How did Korra get in contact with her spiritual side? We never see anything in the episodes to indicate that she has become spiritual. It honestly felt like a deus ex machina.
    5) How did Amon catch Tenzin and the kids? We spend a portion of the previous episode on them getting away, we saw the zeppelin break off pursuit... and suddenly they are captured.
    6) Given Tarrlok's backstory, why was he trying to take over the city through the oppression of non-benders?
    7) How exactly did the equalists keep all their production secret? They had to produce and store at least a dozen airships, a dozen fighter-bombers, several dozen mecha-tanks and several large underground complexes. We know that Hiroshi Sato was thoroughly investigated, so he couldn't have been the one funding it, and they probably didn't mine the metal themselves, considering they weren't going to use earthbenders.
    8) That love triangle was entirely pointless.
    Last edited by ijffdrie; 2012-06-23 at 07:35 PM.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    The next season has nothing for it to bring. Korra is now master avatar. She got the guy. What possible enemy could she face?

And this ladies and gentlemen is how you end a series finale. Absolutely amazing. The story was so awesome, I like how they made it dark, sad and happy at the same time. I can't wait for series 2.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    The next season has nothing for it to bring. Korra is now master avatar. She got the guy. What possible enemy could she face?
    I sign-up, just to get another season or two!
    Loved the finale, can't wait for the future episodes.

I agree the link between blood-bending and disabling bending were not completely explained.

Mako and Korra are freed from it when Mustache man interrupts Amon.

Naga is a very large bear, her strength is reasonable. Like I would expect a Grizzly or a Black bear to be able to toss my Cavalier around.

However Amon got a hold of Tenzin and Family is moot. Amon was characterized at being very resourceful.

The love triangle isn't pointless, it leaves for further conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was pretty good, I don't see how another season is going to work though, everything is fixed. The writers are going to have to be creative.

[QUOTE=Linkedblade;17284142][spoiler]Mako and Korra are freed from it when Mustache man interrupts Amon. [/quote]

Nope, the lieutenant had been defeated at this point, and Amon is clearly using hand movements to control Mako's movement. Korra later breaks free when Amon is threatening Mako (the time she first airbended) and the lieutenant is not even close.

Naga is a very large bear, her strength is reasonable. Like I would expect a Grizzly or a Black bear to be able to toss my Cavalier around.
    Bears are strong, but generally not strong enough to break through iron bars (since otherwise zoos would have a problem). They're definitely not strong enough to fling around three mechas made out of platinum (which is only a single step below gold in elemental weight. Have you ever tried to lift a gold bar?)

However Amon got a hold of Tenzin and Family is moot. Amon was characterized at being very resourceful.
    The problem is that we clearly saw Tenzin get away and the airship break pursuit. I guess it could have been the fighter-bombers (that would at least explain why those have electric bola droppers)

The love triangle isn't pointless, it leaves for further conflict.
    To be fair to the series, I probably would have liked it even less if it had influenced the plot :P I am not not a love triangle person.
    [/spoiler]

edit: Just noticed that I'm a mechagnome! NOOOOOOOOOOO!
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account

Avatar Korra! Yay! been waiting all season for her eyes to glow ! :P

Yeh when korra was getting her bending taken i was expecting her to open her eyes and enter OP avatar mode :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the finale, but I thought it was kinda weird that with Amon it went from "Oh he's not a bender!" to "Haha, just kidding! He's a secret bloodbender!". Would've made more sense/been more consistent if they made him some sort of spirit abomination and he really didn't have bending. I just don't like the idea that he plain lied, seems rather uncreative from the writers >_>

Deleted
    Well at first I was like for real? Tarrlok's brother that's lame. But by the speedboat scene I was like 'Wow, awesome writing.'
    And I'm fairly sure Aang didn't energybend her... given that he isn't a physical entity (i.e I doubt Mako could see the other Avatars) he helped her spiritually unblock her bending which she then repeated on Lin.

Mindblowing finale, would like to see if they go for a time gap in the plot a la season 2-3 of ATLA or if it is literally minutes after the end of the finale.