Page 1 of 2
LastLast

heart of the unliving shaman or a druid who gets it.

Who is this trinket more benificail for. a druid or a shaman also what about seal of the seven sighns. thanx

Both BiS trinkets for both Resto shammy and druids is Heart of the unliving and Windward Heart.

The Seal of Seven is a bit useless to a druid imo because once you reach haste cap anymore haste even procs are a bit of a waste.

The Heart of the Unliving is amazing for both, whichever one of the two who has the worst gear should get the trinket.

Do keep in mind that the stacks count toward Mana Tide, so the Druid gets benefits out of it even if the Shaman has the trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't one of those things where certain mechanics make a trinket better for one class than the other, or that one class favors a certain stat while the other disdains it. Both Heart of the Unliving is universally amazing for both classes. To say that Heart is better for one or the other would only be saying that one class is outright better than the other and therefore more worth gearing up.

Likewise, Seal of the Seven Signs is equally mediocre for both classes, and to say that Seal is better for one or the other would only be saying that one class is decidedly more mediocre than the other and therefore it would blend well.
    mhm? mhm.

well since it dosnt proc off hots dosnt it make it much better for a shaman since a druid uses hots way more than any class also the stack to mana tide should make it awsome for a shammy compared to a druid.

Giving Heart to the Shaman benefits the whole raid 'more' as they will get more mana via Mana Tide. The Seal is probably also better for the Shaman as Haste isn't needed (read: less valuable) for a Druid past the break points of their HoTs.

Basically, give it to whoever will make the most use of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Giving Heart to the Shaman benefits the whole raid 'more' as they will get more mana via Mana Tide. The Seal is probably also better for the Shaman as Haste isn't needed (read: less valuable) for a Druid past the break points of their HoTs.

Basically, give it to whoever will make the most use of it.
    If the shaman doesnt reforge out of willpower because of the massive amount on the trinket, you are right. At least he or she will end up with a bit more than before.
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2012-01-21 at 04:08 PM.

That's true, but I believe most Shamans reforge out of as much spirit as they can anyway since mana isn't an issue.

It's best in slot for both. I think it's best in slot for every healer, actually. There's no real argument in favor of one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by mdnsiper7 View Post
    well since it dosnt proc off hots dosnt it make it much better for a shaman since a druid uses hots way more than any class also the stack to mana tide should make it awsome for a shammy compared to a druid.
    Druids use direct heals to keep their mastery up, so that shouldn't be an issue. Regarding Mana Tide benefits, the whole idea of HoU is to reforge away the spirit you gain from it to other stats. If you do that, it's best in slot. If you don't, the trinket is garbage.

That's true, but I believe most Shamans reforge out of as much spirit as they can anyway since mana isn't an issue.
    If you're seriously reforging away all spirit even without HoU because you have too much mana, you wouldn't want a HoU anyway and the whole discussion is moot. Depending on raid size and setup, you likely will need a decent amount of spirit, though. Either from not reforging or from using HoU.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a druid using the trinket, I can confirm that just casting wild growth stacks it 6 times instantly as long as it hits 6 targets. Seeing as I'm also usually keeping lifebloom up on the tank prior to the pull, uptime on the spirit proc is hardly an issue.
    Last edited by Fireboltfury; 2012-02-01 at 01:31 AM. Reason: grammar

toss a coin and decide because its probably BiS for all healers

Give it to a Holy Paladin, because the spirit is put to a better use because they stack it as high as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanted to add, as a shaman, all I did was get this trinket, and reforge all my spirit off gear back to the original amount of spirit I had before the trinket. So, the "Give it to a shaman for MTT" thing doesn't really hold water.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shamans who forge all spirit away (like me) probably have the trinket in any form. I for one have raidfinder. But before I had the trinket Forging spirit away was a big no no. My fellow Druid healer has also forged all his spirit away but doesn't even have the RF version. He is thinking of skipping it when we drop spine. (starting over fresh everyweek+2.5hours of raiding somehow slows progress down). He rarely runs oom even with the low spirit he has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I just wanted to add, as a shaman, all I did was get this trinket, and reforge all my spirit off gear back to the original amount of spirit I had before the trinket. So, the "Give it to a shaman for MTT" thing doesn't really hold water.
    For a fight like Spine heroic you may need to reforge some of your spirit back though, or even run with DMC:T which if I remember also scales with MTT, so it's not a hundred procent true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mietsch View Post
    Shamans who forge all spirit away (like me) probably have the trinket in any form. I for one have raidfinder. But before I had the trinket Forging spirit away was a big no no. My fellow Druid healer has also forged all his spirit away but doesn't even have the RF version. He is thinking of skipping it when we drop spine. (starting over fresh everyweek+2.5hours of raiding somehow slows progress down). He rarely runs oom even with the low spirit he has.
    Nah, I personally hate spirit so much I would never take that trinket. My gear is good enough to keep my mana up with TC tho, about 1600 spirit at 398 ilevel. Theres always plenty of time to TC in ds tbh. Just keep a healing rain down, riptide on cdown and you can usually spam TC and be top of the charts and not run out of mana on any fight

mechanic wise it benefits the shaman more as they don't have int based regen mechanics, as for seal due to its icd its just a int dump trinket past that its rather garbage comparatively to other trinkets.

Who is this trinket more benificail for. a druid or a shaman also what about seal of the seven sighns. thanx
    Are you doing normal or heroic? 10 or 25? And, what other classes are healing with you? If normal, just give it to whoever wants it, because its not really necessary for any of those fights. If you are progressing through heroics, its considerably more useful. Specifically Spine and Madness heroic. If that is the case give it to the shaman. My reasoning is that, generally, on Spine youll want the Shaman dispelling because he can talent into Cleansing Waters and heal through dispelling, while also saving a ton of mana. Additionally, the heal from CLeansing Waters procs the trinket, so you can keep stacks up easily. Also on Spine, Shamans usually have the responsibility to keep up a Healing Rain to blanket the raid with +10% health from Ancestral Vigor, to counter the debuff you get on the Spine encounter. Since hes is often dispelling (or healing) during the Tendon burn phases he wont always have time to Telluric Currents. Simultaneously, keeping up a full-time Healing Rain can be mana exhaustive.

Also, on platform #4 and the phase 2 of Madness heroic, youll wan the extra spirit.

I play a shaman, and had nearly all my spirit reforged away into haste (~1860 goblin haste cap) and mastery for all fights until we started Spine heroic. At that point i went all out spirit and mastery, with minimal haste (~780). The trinket was pro for those fights.

the same saying my BIS is more important then your bis is total bull shit.

Deleted
    Giving Heart to the Shaman benefits the whole raid 'more' as they will get more mana via Mana Tide.
    Used this arguement to win my HoU