Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    I feel people confuse what a beta test actually is. It's buggy content being tested so the rest of us can have the best possible play experience upon release, not "ZOMG EARLY ACCESS" that I feel alot of the community feel it is. The fact that blizzard uses it as an incentive for the year subscription testifies to the sheer stupidity of the WoW community. "Oh hey let's waste weeks of our time testing a game where we're not compensated for anything we do". Good on ya.
    well.... you do get to know the best lvling ways for fast lvling and how to grind rep faster and less annoyingly than most others so you have a leg up come raiding and pvp... not to mention the good ol' epeen rating

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki View Post
    I have seen this completely ridiculous statement repeatedly since the beta launch. I'm not friends, family, media, or anything other than a regular player. A regular, although extremely long-term player. And I'm in the beta. Several friends are in the beta. My brother is in the beta.

This is claim that it's media only is just a complete lie.
    Nay-sayers and APers that didn't get in are spreading rumors to discredit the wave yesterday.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I mean, I guess. Or you could use the internet lol. I think it's pure epeen, which as we all know, means absolutely nothing to anyone.

I just wish they would let us know if there is even a chance at another wave before the weekend. -.-

Deleted
    However I have to agree with Outcry that we aren't compensated for testing it and instead blizz treat beta access as a reward, if blizz hadn't used it as bait it would have been nice to have a reward in game for testing the beta such as a mount or a title

Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    I just wish they would let us know if there is even a chance at another wave before the weekend. -.-
    Honestly it would have been nice if they had just taken the time before starting the beta to send everyone an email saying "Hey, you aren't getting in the first wave but you're beta access will begin on such & such date."

People still would have been mad, but the rage would have been lessened a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This week. The fact is, they had so few people in the last wave that to get all the APers in would take 100 waves. 2 years if the waves were weekly. No, I think we'll see a wave every few days. Enough time for the previous group to get out of the starting zone.
    Or, you know ... have bigger waves.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongoboy76 View Post
    However I have to agree with Outcry that we aren't compensated for testing it and instead blizz treat beta access as a reward, if blizz hadn't used it as bait it would have been nice to have a reward in game for testing the beta such as a mount or a title
    Congratulations! You were lucky enough to get picked, why don't we feed you with some more luck?

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Or, you know ... have bigger waves.
    O-o-o-OVERCROWDED!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    u cant lvl 85 to 90 u can lvl 1 to 85 i think thats it
    that is correct the 85+ content is not yet available.

what they are testing now is the 1-10 starting zones for pandaran and the monks as well as some of the changes to the talent trees although those are missing half of the glyphs and some of the talents and high end abilities as well.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Congratulations! You were lucky enough to get picked, why don't we feed you with some more luck?

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 09:48 PM ----------

O-o-o-OVERCROWDED!
    Exactly. Right now the only thing to test is the Pandaren. And if you get over 100 people in that starting zone at once and things will grind to a halt.

So spread the wave out over a few hours, include a long download, and launch waves every few days to keep constant testing but not crowd the zone.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    O-o-o-OVERCROWDED!
    It'd be the same total number of people O_o
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The situation behooves them to get as many people in as quickly as possible, so it's likely to see them introduce new waves as soon as stability from the last wave seems confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    To quote Cyborg from Teen Titans (since I can't find it as a Youtube video, sadly), OP...

About five minutes after you QUIT ASKIN' ME THAT!!!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnez View Post
    Honestly it would have been nice if they had just taken the time before starting the beta to send everyone an email saying "Hey, you aren't getting in the first wave but you're beta access will begin on such & such date."

People still would have been mad, but the rage would have been lessened a bit.
    they couldn't they still don't know themselves when people are getting in. it all depends on how things go with each consecutive wave. also the AP people know they are getting in eventually, its just a matter of spacing it out so the servers don't explode

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    The situation behooves them to get as many people in as quickly as possible, so it's likely to see them introduce new waves as soon as stability from the last wave seems confirmed.
    +10 points for using the word behooves

Quote Originally Posted by McSpriest View Post
    they couldn't they still don't know themselves when people are getting in. it all depends on how things go with each consecutive wave. also the AP people know they are getting in eventually, its just a matter of spacing it out so the servers don't explode
    They could if they had just taken the time beforehand to work this whole beta out instead of getting it out as soon as they possibly could. Sure they'd would have had to push the launch back a week or two but who cares.

Bleh, I wish there was a way you could pay into the beta without doing a stupid Anual Pass. I would be up for it, but I really don't want diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnez View Post
    They could if they had just taken the time beforehand to work this whole beta out instead of getting it out as soon as they possibly could. Sure they'd would have had to push the launch back a week or two but who cares.
    I do not think you understand what a beta test is.

I called Blizzard today and the man i spoke with said to me that they are getting AP People inside ASAP and they will have nearly all inside next week, but they are opening for people every day

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine blizz is working on setting up more beta servers for sake of stability. So we will prolly see another wave in a few days, with a more stable client. It will more than likely follow that kind of trend. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbared View Post
    I do not think you understand what a beta test is.
    Er yes I do, I've been in quite a few (I'm in Diablo 3's right now in fact, plus I did a few Market Tests for Bioware which was nice because I got paid to go large meeting afterwards and talk about the game). Just because we're supposed to be testing for bugs and glitches doesn't mean Blizzard can't prepare for it. They knew way ahead of time that they were going to be putting way more people into this test then they usually do, and they should have planned accordingly.