Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Shockadins in MoP... Maybe

With the revelation of a few glyphs and the introduction of possible warlock tanking, it looks like MoP may introduce ways to change roles of specs through glyphing.

with Glyphs like Denounce and Holy Shock it think it could be a real possibility.

I'd definitely enjoy it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    in order to do decent damage they would have to add a mastery changing glyph maybe instead of making bubbles out of heals adds a second hit for the same % of holy damage done

I would love it, honestly though it would turn out to be way too strong in pvp. If holy paladins turns out to be the "never die" healer again and then can throw out damage like any other dpser?

I'm a true fan of the "shockadin" and nothing was as painful as seeing it go away, there's a time for it I'm sure but it's not in MoP as far as I can see.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    Monks have several DPS-healer spells.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) for Paladins, three glyphs does not a spec make.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Remember it's still early Beta, anything could happen - Just don't get your hopes up.

I think they could, they seemed to be going that way with the introduction to Healers DPSing in Cata.

A warlock tanking one dungeons =/= Warlocks being tanks.

I don't want a full dps spec, what I do want is the option to do comparable dps to a real dpser for leveling/dailies/scenarios. If they have to tack on more negatives onto the glyphs to make it not unbalanced for pvp I don't care-- they should do it.

It's not fair that holy paladins are the only healer that doesn't have a spellpower dps spec that can use their healing gear as dps gear for dailies, etc...
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    A warlock tanking one dungeons =/= Warlocks being tanks.
    Metamorphosis is unlimited duration, they have a taunt and defensive CDs, sounds like a tank.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    I don't want a full dps spec, what I do want is the option to do comparable dps to a real dpser for leveling/dailies/scenarios. If they have to tack on more negatives onto the glyphs to make it not unbalanced for pvp I don't care-- they should do it.

It's not fair that holy paladins are the only healer that doesn't have a spellpower dps spec that can use their healing gear as dps gear for dailies, etc...
    YEAH, this exactly, I mean look at the holy shock glyph, healing is halved and damage doubled, put that on some other paladin stuff, and you have a decent spell caster spec.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Shockadins...... yes, come my precious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Metamorphosis is unlimited duration, they have a taunt and defensive CDs, sounds like a tank.
    Given Blizzard JUST separated Feral DPS and Feral Tank, I doubt they're intentionally trying to create another hybrid Tank/DPS spec.

I suspect they only want it for occasional utility or to pick up a loose add.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Considering you have to use a glyph before battle starts that reduces your damage I highly doubt its to pick up the occasional add.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Given Blizzard JUST separated Feral DPS and Feral Tank, I doubt they're intentionally trying to create another hybrid Tank/DPS spec.

I suspect they only want it for occasional utility or to pick up a loose add.
    they could have not added the guardian spec for druids and do the same thing they are testing for warlocks, add a glyph that makes bearform more suited for tanking and eliminates most cat bonuses and you got 4 roles in 3 druid specs

Very cool! =)
    I'm really liking the direction it seems blizz is going with glyphs. I hope it works out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Monks have several DPS-healer spells.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) for Paladins, three glyphs does not a spec make.
    This, yes totally...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I would love it, honestly though it would turn out to be way too strong in pvp. If holy paladins turns out to be the "never die" healer again and then can throw out damage like any other dpser?

I'm a true fan of the "shockadin" and nothing was as painful as seeing it go away, there's a time for it I'm sure but it's not in MoP as far as I can see.
    Hahaha, I am sorry, what are priests atm? They can just put dots and you, heal like fucking crazy and spam you with either Holy Fire / smite or mind spike (havent played priest in pvp, dunno what is better). So yea PLEASE dont tell me that shockadins are gonna be OP

Deleted
    you wont be getting warlock tanks.... just the same as enhance can taunt and have Defensive cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    they could have not added the guardian spec for druids and do the same thing they are testing for warlocks, add a glyph that makes bearform more suited for tanking and eliminates most cat bonuses and you got 4 roles in 3 druid specs
    The reason they are adding a fourth spec for ferals is maybe because they cant fucking die atm? Because whenever they are low they can just pop all defensive CDs and then they change to bear and their mastery no longer increases dot damage, but gives them SICK amount of absorb, therefore they cant fucking die and heal themselves like crazy with Frenzied Regen. Totally broken because of the fact that tank and DPS threes are combined.

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    you wont be getting warlock tanks.... just the same as enhance can taunt and have Defensive cooldowns.

yeah but enhance doesn't have 600% armor boost and uncritability.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Unlimited duration? What? Since when?

Last I heard the duration was dependent upon how much of the demonic energy thing you had when you activated it.

From what I hear, it lasts until canceled
    Gamdwelf the Mage