Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Generationwhy View Post
    Oh cool, because you play a different spec and only pvp it negates everything that people have pointed about about how weak an ability it is...thanks for the contribution. Stick to a pvp forum why don't you?
    As if the constant whine about how terrible Symbiosis is contributes more to the discussion? Exactly... didnt think so either.
    Anyways... QQ all you want, im not participating in your whine-fest anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    As if the constant whine about how terrible Symbiosis is contributes more to the discussion? Exactly... didnt think so either.
    Anyways... QQ all you want, im not participating in your whine-fest anymore.
    Umadbro? because that's all you're saying. People have pointed out numerous reasons why it's a terrible spell. You even acknowledge as much by admitting since you only pvp the problems don't affect you. So really man like I said if you don't like "pve qq"...the Arena forums are ----->
    Last edited by Generationwhy; 2012-05-07 at 02:46 AM.

question about soulswap for feral.

do you copy the bleeds to the new target, or does it "transfer" it to the new target?

meow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vularo View Post
    question about soulswap for feral.

do you copy the bleeds to the new target, or does it "transfer" it to the new target?

meow
    transfer, so its only usefull if the target is about to die (or if you got to burst dps some other target)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The DoT copy mechanic is a function of Glyph of Soul Swap and is therefore exclusive to Warlocks.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

15+ Year Old Account
    did anyone found the monk ability's yet ?
    btw i just noticed that the Rogue - Feint ability that tanks get is not down to 10% so it can be stached into the useless category :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Monks only give you a placeholder right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    so did the placeholders get repalced yet ^.^?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/127361-bear-hug

Bear Hug
    Melee range
    Instant 60 sec cooldown
    Symbiosis: Melee attack that stuns the target for 3 sec and each 1 sec deals 2% of the Monk's health in damage. The Monk is immobilized for 3 sec.

Windwalker change or miss-datamined?

15+ Year Old Account
    probely something they are experimenting
    should be renamed to panda bear hug

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 08:15 AM ----------

so how much does that death coil hit for? as i like the idea of a ranged attack
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    so still no symbiosis for a monk?
    and how much does that deathcoil hit for? is ot more or less then a wrath cast
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it had been noticed already but you obviously cannot have 2 Symbosis on the same target. Might be quite a huge factor in raids with multiple druids and only 1 of the class you'd like your Symbiosis on.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh i knoew that but i dont think its such a mojor issue unles you do LFG 5 mans and en up whit a party of 3 driuds
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The only thing that needs to change about Symbiosis at the moment is that it gives tanks another defensive CD. It doesn't matter that they're pretty minor, it's going to make casting Symbiosis on the tank mandatory for progression raids.

I do see where Blizzard is struggling here though; while they can tos a little extra utility to healers or dps (as much as people bitch about the spells their class get, it's only supposed to be a minor boost and I'm yet to be convinced there's a single spell on there that's not potentially useful sometimes) that's not something they can so easily give to tanks. Give a tank a survival buff, it's mandatory. Give them a movement buff, mandatory. Self heal? Mandatory. I think they'll be able to figure something out eventually though. Dps cool downs might work to help a little with that burst phase, or something like insta cast roots on a CD for controlling an add.

If they can solve this I see symbiosis being a great addition to the Druid class. Much better than another bleed, nuke, defensive CD or heal that gets worked into a rotation and quickly becomes just another button you push.

The only thing that needs to change about Symbiosis at the moment is that it gives tanks another defensive CD.
    You mean, in addition to the value of the symbiosis not being equal across all combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    You mean, in addition to the value of the symbiosis not being equal across all combinations.
    It's the only major outstanding issue to my mind. The abilities granted can be buffed and tweaked (or nerfed) but providing survival buffs to tanks is a conceptual problem. It all but forces the Druid to cast it on the tank. Just so long as the choice of Symbosis remains with the Druid it's a fun and interesting ability. Take that away and it feels like a glorified buff.

I don't see some spells providing some more DPS than others being a major issue (although I'd argue it's hard to quantify, sometimes Dispersion is going to let you pump out more DPS in a fight than Shattering Blow would). In Wrath I did more DPS when someone else was in the raid providing the bleed debuff, and I did even more DPS when our Blood DK was along to stack Hysteria on me when I berzerked - but that didn't mean my DPS was broken when those conditions weren't met.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the player need to be in your party? Can you just come across someone while questing, symbiosis them and trot on?
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Does the player need to be in your party? Can you just come across someone while questing, symbiosis them and trot on?
    Unfortunately they have to be in your party and close to you, same instance and continent, if they enter a BG/Dungeon you lose the buff
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Azale View Post
    It's the only major outstanding issue to my mind. The abilities granted can be buffed and tweaked (or nerfed) but providing survival buffs to tanks is a conceptual problem. It all but forces the Druid to cast it on the tank. Just so long as the choice of Symbosis remains with the Druid it's a fun and interesting ability. Take that away and it feels like a glorified buff.

I don't see some spells providing some more DPS than others being a major issue (although I'd argue it's hard to quantify, sometimes Dispersion is going to let you pump out more DPS in a fight than Shattering Blow would). In Wrath I did more DPS when someone else was in the raid providing the bleed debuff, and I did even more DPS when our Blood DK was along to stack Hysteria on me when I berzerked - but that didn't mean my DPS was broken when those conditions weren't met.
    I was more referring to the fact that Spell Reflect, Frost Armor, Fear Ward, and Lifetap are all completely useless to a Guardian. Feint is only marginally better, but you'd still never use it. At least Lightning Shield and Consecrate actually do damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    they are all minor additions you are putting to much value on it, if you raid hardcore you might want to put it on tanks but most of time it doesnt realy matter
    that -25% dmg reduction for 6sec on monk needs a nerf tho

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    I was more referring to the fact that Spell Reflect, Frost Armor, Fear Ward, and Lifetap are all completely useless to a Guardian. Feint is only marginally better, but you'd still never use it. At least Lightning Shield and Consecrate actually do damage.
    they are not useless.
    fear ward helps agiasnt fears, ofcourse verry usefull in old continent 5 mans
    Spell reflect works nice to refelct a firebal bakc to trash mob
    Forst armor is for bear pvp or kiting trash (incase you fail the kite and od take a hit)
    and lifetap is just awsome, when you are at 100% hp and 30 rage you can trade 20% of your hp for 45% dodge!, and the 20% hp is a good think else all heals on you would goto overhealing anyway
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE