Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Put simply its cheating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowjobs View Post
    Put simply its cheating
    Yup. Blizz don't want groups of more than 5 entering a BG, this allows you to circumvent it, so it could be construed as cheating.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

The main problem is imo not the raid-vs-randoms situation. Think about what happens, when only 9 of 10 preform members get an invite - they won't join. The bg opens anyway with only 1 guy and probably can't be filled up with other randoms in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    At least they're playing to the BG objective, Hexotic.
    Actually the premade using AV Enabler is also working to the objective... they just drag the fight out longer but still achieve the same as everyone else who enters AV... a win.

People are forgetting WHY people have resorted to using AV Enabler, and thats to farm hks. And the reason they have to resort to using AV Enabler is that next to zero PvP actually takes place in BGs anymore. All BGs are designed so that PvP has all but disappeared from them. Sorry to burst your bubble but killing bosses isnt PvP...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Actually the premade using AV Enabler is also working to the objective... they just drag the fight out longer but still achieve the same as everyone else who enters AV... a win.
    The only problem with this is that Blizzard try to balance the BGs in their own way so each side has a roughly equal chance to win. Preform AV Enabler overrides this balancing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    The only problem with this is that Blizzard try to balance the BGs in their own way so each side has a roughly equal chance to win. Preform AV Enabler overrides this balancing.
    I am not trying to say AV Enabler is right or wrong... im showing u what the problem is which AV Enabler is trying to fix for the PvP player.

Basically, if BGs did what they are supposed to do then people wouldnt need to resort to creating and using an addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to guess you support a TDM battleground?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    People farming HK's usually do complete the objective of winning the battleground too, maybe not in an orthodox manner, but they still win in the end. All I see is butt-hurt people crying because they can't share the same experience of joining highly coordinated groups, I think most of your views would be entirely different if you were a part of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a part of them. Either everyone joins the BG the same way and has an equal amount of fun, or a premade goes up against a PuG and the premade gets slightly more fun, and the PuG gets farmed for an hour.

Overall, having premades is less fun for everyone.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    I'm going to guess you support a TDM battleground?
    I support Blizzard admitting there is a problem with BGs atm. And also support Blizzard putting some resources into fixing the problem too.

Honor farming in BGs is the cancer which is killing BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice four-chan reference. Unfortunately, don't BGs with objectives mitigate against Honor Farming, and as such are perfectly fine as they are?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Nice four-chan reference. Unfortunately, don't BGs with objectives mitigate against Honor Farming, and as such are perfectly fine as they are?

How do u work that out???

Honor farming encourages botting, afking and everyone simply zerging the final objective as fast as possibly and therefore avoiding actual PvP.

BGs should encourage PvP and right now they do exactly the opposite... thats my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell the distinction you're making between "Honor Farming" and "PvP". Either you play to the BG objective, or you farm HKs:

Twin Peaks/WSG: Cap flags for the former, stand in the middle for the latter.
    AB: Cap flags, fight on roads.
    AV: Take towers and graveyards and defend towers and graveyards, N/A.
    BfG: Cap flags, fight on roads.
    EotS: Capture two bases and the flag or three bases, hold one base and repel all the invaders.
    IoC: Capture the bases and destroy the gates and kill the boss, capture everything and HK farm your opponents at a graveyard.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    In the distant past, it was possible to queue much larger groups, then Blizzard removed that and only allowed single-queuing, and eventually put the 5 person limit in.
    I think this is key to whether it is acceptable behaviour or not. If this hadn't existed previously, the addon would be merely adding new functionality to the game. However, because we used to be able to queue with raids previously, this addon is adding functionality that was intentionality removed. I would be surprised if it was an actionable offence though. When there was only a few of these going it wasn't enough of a problem to deal with it, but now that it is popular and a hot topic on the forums, they're having to turn to it.

They have a number of options:

They could remove part of the API that lets addons queue for BGs, but then its going to break other addons, so I doubt that will be popular.

I expect a number of devs have advocated bringing back raid queuing, its an easy fix and people clearly want to do it. It'll hopefully also introduce something to prevent honour farming GYs.

It is also within the ToS to simply ban an addon, but it's a pain getting the message out to all players that they cannot use the addon or any modified version of it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    I can't tell the distinction you're making between "Honor Farming" and "PvP". Either you play to the BG objective, or you farm HKs:
    Its a myth that u get more honor for getting more killing blows... u get more honor for winning the game.

My point is that BGs dont work in their current design, and that coupled with honour farming ruins BGs entierly. Blizzard must change almost all BG game mechanics and change the way honour is earned.

BGs should encourage PvP... end of discussion.

Deleted
    Primary Objective: The goal of Alterac Valley is to reduce the opposing faction's reinforcement count to 0.

Farming the opposition to 0 therefore should be a perfectly reasonable method of obtaining this goal.

Maybe Blizzard could help themselves out by making HK's a little easier to achieve in BG's, lets face it, if your goal in WoW is to get a certain number of HK's, for example 250,000, then given the option, are you more likely to a join pre-made AV yielding ~600HK's or a random BG where you may only earn 5-50 in the same amount of time?

People are only doing this because there are flaws in the game.

Blizzard queue BG system is complete bullshit, no balance at all,
    always getting put in group with no healer and opposite site with 2-4 constant,
    also in group of `just dinged` ppl with full cataclysmic on other side
    so the addon is not really a problem

Deleted
    I believe that what Endemonadia is referring to is people wanting to maximise their honour gain. This leads to the AV rush, and the 'just let them win' cries as soon as the BG starts going badly, as well as bots and afk'ers. He's not referring to HK farming per se. Personally I am strongly against the realID and addon premades, as fuck the rationalisations, farming 40 people at a GY is just a shitty thing to do. However, there are real problems with some of the BG's. When I enter AV, instead of going to IW bunker to cap like I used to, or defending IB tower, now I head for the field of strife and try and start a fight. Because essentially when I get AV, that's the only way I'll have any fun.

Deleted
    regardless of the discussion, do they really punish people for using an addon?

i thought they were quite safe - blizz always fixed the game to break an addon or a function, they never punished people for using them, regardless of how abusive they were (at least i've never heard of such a case). think decursive and auto posting stuff in the AH for instance.

OT; i think that they should allow bigger groups of players in AV: the maximum limit of 5 player makes up 50% in warsong but only 12.5% in AV.. even with 10 players a group can't be as effective in AV as 5 organized people in WSG, which can effectively win 5:10.
    wow is a multiplayer game so playing random BGs in small groups should be not only allowed at least, if not encouraged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that anyone's been banned/suspended for using the Preform AV Enabler addon. But this addon's pretty hard to break.

There's also far more people solo-queueing the Random Battleground queue than there are grouping, so this might be another "cater to the majority" move.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)