Poll: Will you Pre-Purchase Guild Wars 2?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Zavvi update:
    They now have the CE on the website. No details yet how it will be delivered.
    And no, they're not accepting pre-orders for pre-purchase. I even begged and squealed like a spoiled little girl. Nadda.

Hells yeah i will, enjoyed the first Guild Wars and am excited to play through this one.

I bought SWTOR and it died a horrible death in my opinion. Blame EA.

I think I'll wait to see if GW2 is even worth anything before I buy. It looks okay and has interesting ideas, but we shall see.

I'm worried about the NA and EU server region fiasco that started yesterday or so. I myself am overseas and heard GW1 had a great worldwide model for playing. It seems to have changed, I will still pre-order to play with family regardless of playability.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuckerpooks View Post
    I'm worried about the NA and EU server region fiasco that started yesterday or so. I myself am overseas and heard GW1 had a great worldwide model for playing. It seems to have changed, I will still pre-order to play with family regardless of playability.
    It still does have a world wide model You can play with your friends from anywhere on any server at launch. It's just about where you login from. You'll most likely be put on the NA datacenter for now.
    They may open up others after a while.

I'm a UK ex-pat living in China...so was concerned too...until I read it properly again lol.

What fiasco?
    The fact that you can play on the EU servers from the US and vice versa? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    It still does have a world wide model You can play with your friends from anywhere on any server at launch. It's just about where you login from. You'll most likely be put on the NA datacenter for now.
    They may open up others after a while.

I'm a UK ex-pat living in China...so was concerned too...until I read it properly again lol.
    I'm from the US so being slotted into NA was going to be my first option anyways. So as long as I make sure to get the NA digital version and connect to their datacenter in US, everything should be A-OK (with what we know at this point)?

I'm from the US so being slotted into NA was going to be my first option anyways. So as long as I make sure to get the NA digital version and connect to their datacenter in US, everything should be A-OK (with what we know at this point)?
    You can't play the US version from the EU, and you can't buy the US version from the EU.
    It looks like you'll have to either buy two copies of the game for yourself,
    or set up a proxy and ALWAYS play through that proxy.

That's how I'm reading it (now lol).
    I thought it was region restricted at first...but yh. No prob at all really. I think they said the NA datacenter will be automatic for anyone not in EU or US...so you don't even need to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    What fiasco?
    The fact that you can play on the EU servers from the US and vice versa? >.>
    US / EU server playability wasn't the issue, just worldwide connection. The "fiasco" is just about people not from those regions IE Australia and other more distant countries. There was a lot of confusion about what happens to their connectivity as they said you must connect using an IP from that region. The mixup was connecting to the IP, whereas everyone thought you couldn't connect if you didn't have a ISP from that region (which has now been falsified by ANet). Everything is good now that ANet responded so quickly for verification.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You can't play the US version from the EU, and you can't buy the US version from the EU.
    It looks like you'll have to either buy two copies of the game for yourself,
    or set up a proxy and ALWAYS play through that proxy.
    He's not in the EU

Deleted
    Hi everyone, i have afew questions regarding the benefits you get from purchasing the Digital vs the Delux Digital. Are the benefits in the delux version really worth it?

Summon Mistifire Wolf Elite skill - I plan on rolling a Elementalist, so I will be using Tornado of pew pew doom.

Rytlock Miniature - A mini pet

Golem Banker - A banker that lasts 5 days (Don't see much point in that)

Chalice of Glory - A one time use item again.

Tome of Influence - Don't plan on joining a guild until max level. I want to experience the game solo first.

So from what I see the pet is the only worthwhile thing in the Delux edition is the pet.

Do you guys think its worth getting or not?

I find the "bonuses" completely irrelevant to my interests and the price tags put on them insulting, so I plan on buying the vanilla version.
    As the vanilla version gives me nothing useful for pre-purchasing I see no point whatsoever in doing it, and will get the box when (or if) it comes out in my region.

So no, I'm not paying in advance for something I don't know the release date of, and which gives me no incentive whatsoever to get on blind faith.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm rather excited for this game and will be enjoying it for a long time, but no company will ever deserve that kind of trust from me.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2012-04-06 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    I find the "bonuses" -snip-
    Saying it gives you absolutely nothing is a little silly,
    it gives you guaranteed access to all beta events and lets you access the game three days early.
    It's hard to call that absolutely nothing, it's quite important for a lot of people looking forward to playing. :P

Quote Originally Posted by -Yuki- View Post
    Hi everyone, -snip-
    We can't tell you the value of your money.
    20$ for me may be different than 20$ for you, or 20$ from Bill Gates. You have to decide for yourself if it is 'worth it' or not.

I'm interested in the Elite Skill and the mini pet. They sound interesting and fun. Are those 2 alone worth it? Maybe. As the game progresses and more people join, it will probably be a rarer sight to see those if they are exclusive ONLY to pre-orders. That means you become the coolest kid on the block in a jiffy (kind of like the Ivory Raptor in WoW).

I do agree that the one time uses do seem a little steep; I would have figured they would give a visual set piece instead. Something that lasts a little longer than one time uses but doesn't give an edge over another player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to buy digital deluxe on the 10th from the site, unless it gets overloaded

Deleted
    OPEN UP, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE!

I wish it was 10th of April already...

I don't really care about the little things that comes with the package so I'll just be getting the basic. What matter to me is just being able to play the game.

Deleted
    I only just realised how close it is to the pre-purchase date, still haven't decided whether I'm going to buy the digital deluxe or the standard edition. I am a sucker for those little extras even if they're a little disappointing.

Depends. Spending the amount they are asking for the real "perks" is sort of disappointing.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-04-11 at 11:52 PM.