Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    Welcome to MMO's. Where everyone uses everyone elses ideas. World of Starwarcraft is no different.
    Well then any future mmo developer should be very wary. Stray to far from the formula...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I didn't argue against it.

I will admit that I was against a cross-realm LFG at the outset of the game. However, that was because the server populations where fine. Now, I would say that we either need a cross-realm LFG or server mergers and local LFG only.
    Sorry i didnt mean that to come across as you specifically, more the people who are arguing against it

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    @DreamCast: It's understandable that guild leaders/officers want to know more about some player before recruiting him, but this breeds elitism so I'm all up for ridding them of this ability. If only leaders of my past games knew how I talk to people in warzones when they do something incredibly stupid and cost me a game (mind you, it's all well deserved, I never insult without a reason, but somebody more kind would stop at 3d ancestor, I express my feelings towards said player lineage up until ancient Greece), I'd be forever guildless in any game...

About lfg tool: why not make an option if you want to group up with everyone, or your server only? Would be a good partial solution to all this whine.
    What the hell are you talking about? Every aspect of MMOs breeds elitism, but that does not. Personally, I was recruited to my raiding guild in WoW because I answered a post in trade looking for a healer for a heroic dungeon. What that does is it allows guilds to see if players will fit in with them. Your argument that it breeds elitism is just ridiculously off mark.

Quite frankly, the majority of your posts make absolutely no sense. LFD tools don't make people feel like they're "less special". Because PuGs can't finish dungeons, right? Only premades? That's not just asinine, it's stupid.

someone told a nice story about some asshole here who ninjaed item from him once etc. Sure, we should ALL suffer because of one idiot now. Idiots are everywhere, nobody safe from them.
    That is a prime example of what I'm talking about with you. It's not just ONE person. With cross server LFD, nobody has to held accountable for anything that they do. With intra-server it still maintains that people keep a good reputation or wind up being ostracized from the community as a whole.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 12:35 PM ----------

Welcome to MMO's. Where everyone uses everyone elses ideas. World of Starwarcraft is no different.
    Just like World of Evercraft. Have you seen their new expansion? PokeRifts of Starwaria : LoTRO Edition?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I don't understand the need for a dungeon finder. Seriously.
    I missed many of the instances because there weren't many people online that wanted to run correct instances. It was either questing or sitting around doing nothing for 1-2 hours before a group is found. I'd rather quest for 1-2 hours and at the same time wait for a group. No matter if I get less friends that way.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Just like World of Evercraft. Have you seen their new expansion? PokeRifts of Starwaria : LoTRO Edition?
    Totally agree. I would never play that game again.

At least GW2 is trying new things.

THAT'S THE WHOLE FRAKIN POINT OF IT!!! geez get it into this head of yours, many ppl do NOT want to sit at fleet looking for group, many ppl do not want to yell "lf tank/healer", many ppl can't care less about other ppl, they JUST. WANT. TO. PLAY. THE. DAMN. GAME!!!
    Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game = MMORPG

Interaction is the name of the game, sorry if communication is a bit too rough for you. If you don't want to interact with others, don't look for a group. Do your PVP and fail at communication, look at the piling amount of Heroic 4s and possibly 2+ (some of the more difficult ones) in your quest log and remember that you stuck to your guns and said.. NO MORE TALKING TO PEOPLE.

Totally agree. I would never play that game again.

At least GW2 is trying new things.
    Until people on the Anet forums start demanding the same things from gw2 that they had in warcraft. Were back to guildcraft 2: Riftwars the old tera. Let's be honest. As much as people claim to want something different and new, they want their comfortable pair of shoes as well. Good luck understanding that bit of human psychology.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-03-29 at 04:58 PM.

Spamming a chat channel should have never been the way to get groups in a modern MMO.

Those players that ask SWTOR to stick to old and full of flaws design are hurting the game.

SWTOR needs LFD as much as it needs combat log and training dummies.

The devs know this, and we will have all of that soon.

I just hope its before all the people getting bored leave the game.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-03-29 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Spamming a chat channel should have never been the way to get groups in a modern MMO.

Those players that ask SWTOR to stick to old and full of flaws design are hurting the game.
    There is nothing flawed in that method of grouping, using a global channel to ask for members or find a group that is looking for members is the least flawed system you will ever get, the only people suffering from using it would be the antisocial once.

This is not taking server population in to account as that is a different problem that should be solved individually and not with a band aid fix like LFD, nor does it take chat related issues in to account as they are their own issues as well.

10+ Year Old Account

SWTOR needs LFD as much as it needs combat log and training dummies.

The devs know this, and we will have all of that soon.

I just hope its before all the people getting bored leave the game.
    TOR is getting combat logs and a training dummy. Multiple training dummies, actually. LFD is not necessary at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    There is nothing flawed in that method of grouping, using a global channel to ask for members or find a group that is looking for members is the least flawed system you will ever get, the only people suffering from using it would be the antisocial once.

This is not taking server population in to account as that is a different problem that should be solved individually and not with a band aid fix like LFD, nor does it take chat related issues in to account as they are their own issues as well.
    Its is flawed.

First of all, you are using a channel for something that its not meant to. That should even be against the terms of use.

General chat is not a channel for looking for group.

Second, you are actually disturbing people not interest in looking for groups with endless messages that stops them from actually using the channel for what's its meant to.

Third, it requires you to stand in a specific place without doing anything else than look for a group.

Fourth, its absolutely inneficient, since its not even splitted into lvl range like the channels meant for lfg in rift were, meaning even if you are looking for a group, you have to dig between messages to find one you actually care about.

Fifth, in case people are actually using the channel for its real purpose, your message wilol be lost in seconds, and you will have to continuosly repeating it to get it seen.

I can go on, spamming general chat is BY FAR the most flawed and inneficient method for group finding even implemented in a game.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    TOR is getting combat logs and a training dummy. Multiple training dummies, actually. LFD is not necessary at all.
    Read the post you quoted. I already said in the post you quoted that luckily we are getting those things. Its a good practice to read the posts before replying to them.

LFG is more necessary than what you think.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-03-29 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i`d like to be able to look for a group while I do the daily quests for example, because I don`t know, maybe 30% of the ppl that are online at one time are on fleet? many are doing quests, or sitting on some planet for example.
    that`s also a reason a LFG tool is useful.
    Last edited by Bugg; 2012-03-29 at 05:23 PM.

ya know i was one of the major battlers of no LFG tool at the start of the debate, but i gotta say with the way they set up the FPs and heroics I just dont have time to stand in the fleet and spam chat LFG HM FPs every 2-5 mins. If i am at fleet waiting for a FP that is soooooo much time lost lvling my tons and please dont give me that go do pvp while waiting krap.

yea i can pvp whilewaiting but in doing so i am still missing out on possible grp formations during the match hand i can only do so much pvp before my brain hurts.

I am all for a LFG tool now I want to experience all the FPs but would also like to continue lvling while im at it

First of all, you are using a channel for something that its not meant to. That should even be against the terms of use.

Second, you are actually disturbing people not interest in looking for groups with endless messages that stops them from actually using the channel for what's its meant to.

Third, it requires you to stand in a specific place without doing anything else than look for a group.
    Hence why I said global, TOR has global channels, one could be used for LFG/LFM exclusively.

Fourth, its absolutely inneficient, since its not even splitted into lvl range like the channels meant for lfg in rift were, meaning even if you are looking for a group, you have to dig between messages to find one you actually care about.
    It's not though, limiting ranges can be perceived as a convenience but it can also be argued that you miss out on high level players wanting to come for low level stuff on an alt, as such the laziness of not wanting to read text creates a flaw. Not to mention that people would venture outside of the designated channel if ranges are limited.

Fifth, in case people are actually using the channel for its real purpose, your message wilol be lost in seconds, and you will have to continuosly repeating it to get it seen.
    Again global channel with LFG/LFM as sole purpose.

Really it has no flaws besides for antisocial players.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-03-29 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Until people on the Anet forums start demanding the same things from gw2 that they had in warcraft. Were back to guildcraft 2: Riftwars the old tera. Let's be honest. As much as people claim to want something different and new, they want their comfortable pair of shoes as well. Good luck understanding that bit of human psychology.
    It's just nostalgia. The old days feel good because you remember the good times and forgot the boring times.

I do remember having some really fun conversations and making friends while trying to build a group but as SWToR has reminded me, you mostly spend an hour doing this:

/1 LF1M healer BT hard
    /p guys know any healers?
    (silence)
    /1 LF1M healer BT hm
    /1 LF1M healer BT hm
    /1 LF1M healer BT hm
    /p sigh no healers
    /1 LF1M healer BT hm
    /1 LF1M healer BT hm
    DarkkMaul whispers: got dps spots?
    /1 LF1M healer BT hm
    /1 LF1M healer BT hard, DONT JOIN THAT OTHER GROUP WE ASKED FOR HEALER FIRST!
    /1 LF1M healer BT hard
    /1 LF1M healer BT hard
    /1 LF1M healer BT hard
    (a DPS gets bored and leaves party)
    /1 LF2M healer and DPS BT hard
    DarkkMaul whispers: me
    ImbaAssa whispers: inv
    Kerrrigan whispers: sorc dps
    DartKiller whispers: inv
    /1 LF1M healer BT hard

And then when you finally get the group going you speed through the dungeon in 15 minutes and no one says a word. You sometimes get a cool group, most of the time you don't. And then years later you remember the cool groups and not the boring groups, a new game rolls in and you think it will be great to have that social interaction in groups again and... you suddenly remember the boredom again.

While I agree /trade isn't meant to be used for building groups, /general can be used for anything. Show me where it says what /general can and can not be used for.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    /1 LF1M tank BT hard
    Randomperson: I'll tank
    (a DPS gets bored and leaves party)
    /inv Randomperson
    /p guys know any dps?
    (silence)
    /1 LF1M dps BT hm
    /1 LF1M dps BT hm
    /1 LF1M dps BT hm
    /p sigh no dps
    /1 LF1M dps BT hm
    /1 LF1M dps BT hm
    DarkkMaul whispers: got healer spots?
    /1 LF1M dps BT hm
    /1 LF1M dps BT hard
    /1 LF1M dps BT hard
    /1 LF1M dps BT hard
    /1 LF1M dps BT hard
    (tank gets board and leaves party)
    /1 LF2M tank and DPS BT hard
    ImbaAssa whispers: inv tank
    /1 LF1M dps BT hard
    Fixed it for my server when I have to spend more than 5 minutes building a group
    Last edited by Koalachan; 2012-03-29 at 05:49 PM.

This post is silly, because we are getting a dungeon finder, just not right away as there are more critical things to work on at the moment. Right now you CAN still get dungeons done, so it is a nice-to-do not a must have. Yeah, sure sitting in fleet spamming os one way, but /who <level-range> and dropping a few whispers works too. You can do that from anywhere too, not just fleet. Yeah, it sucks for low-pop servers, but a same server LFD isn't going to magically increase the number of people on your server. Sure, some of the other things they are doing in 1.2 are also just nice-to-do's not must have's, but I would rather see things like Legacy and UI Customization go in before a dungeon finder.

Also, I keep seeing people say that once a dungeon finder goes in it will be the only way to get groups and that is just not true. You can still ask the people in your guild or on your friends list first, then use the tool to fill the last spot if you need to. If you can't find groups without it, how come I haven't had to use it in WoW at all this Ex-Pack? Because I have a guild, and friends in other guilds, I ask them first and we get a full group in no time. If you don't like it, don't use it. It really is that simple. In reality, how is it any different than spamming a channel anyway? You get a random person to respond and they join your group. I've PuGed several this way and still see people need on stuff for companions someone can use for main spec, people leave mid run and people sit there and don't talk. The same thing would happen with a tool, but I could find that person faster and then if I need to replace them, can replace them faster, getting moer runs done in less time.

Hence why I said global, TOR has global channels, one could be used for LFG/LFM exclusively.
    It would have almost the same problems. Channels that are nor specifically made for looking for groups should not be use for that. Again, it should be against the rules, because lfg requests ruin the true channel purpose.

It's not though, limiting ranges can be perceived as a convenience but it can also be argued that you miss out on high level players wanting to come for low level stuff on an alt, as such the laziness of not wanting to read text creates a flaw. Not to mention that people would venture outside of the designated channel if ranges are limited.
    Yes, the rift channels also had flaws, hence why rift implemented LFg too. With all that, RIFT channels had less flaws than having to spam a general channel in a hub which is, again, the worst of the alternatives.

Again global channel with LFG/LFM as sole purpose.
    Again, we are talking about what SWTOR has. SWTOR doesnt have a global LFG/LFM channel as sole purpose. Not that the global channel doesnt have falws, but it has less than the one being used in SWTOR

Really it has no flaws besides for antisocial players.
    All the flaws i listed are flaws, and there are more. You are just replying to a couple of ones saying that a system that IS NOT IMPLEMENTED in SWTOR would solve those.

There isnt a global chat in SWTOR, so the SWTOR system is the worse ever and has plenty of flaws.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-03-29 at 06:21 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There isnt a global chat in SWTOR, so the SWTOR system is the worse ever and has plenty of flaws.
    Global channels do exist. However, they much be created by a player. Chances are that your server has a player made global LFG that you just don't know about. I know that my server has one and that it can be accessed form anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Global channels do exist. However, they much be created by a player. Chances are that your server has a player made global LFG that you just don't know about. I know that my server has one and that it can be accessed form anywhere.
    I meant a default global channel in which everyone participates, not a bad attempt from players to fix a broken LFG system.

The fact that those channels exists show how much flawed spamming General chat is.

Again, lets hope LFG is not coming too late. The game should have launched with it and a lot less people would have left the game.