Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] Say whaaaaat?!-movies.

So, I want to know some more "say whaat"-movies. And let me explain how I see a "say whaaat"-movie. If you guys have seen Lucky Number Slevin, that is a say whaat movie. You follow the story, and in the middle of the movie, it totally turns and you sit there with a ":O"-face and everything is just fucked up. I want more of those movies, so bring em to me please!

AND, I got a small small question. When I was a kid, I used to watch this movie. From what I remembered, it was a animated movie (but old, so it wasnt awesomely animated). It was about those kids who had their own planes who could transform and shit. That is pretty much the only stuff I remember from it. Transforming airplanes, fighting aliens that looked like the aliens from War of the worlds (or w/e the name is) and animated (might've been some kind of anime).

10+ Year Old Account
    Macross maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I just realized the meaning behind your avatar.

/shiver

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    AND, I got a small small question. When I was a kid, I used to watch this movie. From what I remembered, it was a animated movie (but old, so it wasnt awesomely animated). It was about those kids who had their own planes who could transform and shit. That is pretty much the only stuff I remember from it. Transforming airplanes, fighting aliens that looked like the aliens from War of the worlds (or w/e the name is) and animated (might've been some kind of anime).
    Was it Macross?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjkXzHzUIGA
    Last edited by Drofu; 2012-03-28 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Robotech is the movie you are looking for. They had robots they piloted that basically only changed into jets, no cars or animals.

Edit: Robotech IS Macross, or rather Macross is Robotech...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    inb4 Inception
    Inception is more of a mindfuck movie. Lucky number slevin is just a "what, is he THAT guy?!".

Quote Originally Posted by Marimba View Post
    Macross maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    <3

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus hurt my head.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apollo 18

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Inception

Cloverfield believe it or not
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

There's this one movie, but you aren't supposed to talk about it.

Your definition of a "Say Whaaaat?!" movie is just a movie with a good plot twist.

Usual Suspects and The 6th Sense are the ones everyone always pointed to. My personal favorite though is Identity.

Other classic ones: Memento, The Prestige, Being John Malchovic, 12 Monkeys, Fight Club.

People also rave about Donnie Darko...
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-03-29 at 12:28 AM.

Err.... in burn after reading when George Clooney shoots Brad Pitt in the face.

Deleted
    Haute tension (High Tension), great french horror movie with a great twist.

Hmmm, off the top of my head:
    Donnie Darko
    Primer (This was an extremely low budget movie that was absolutely fascinating)

EDIT: So seems like you guys are talking about plot twists. My suggestions weren't so much about plot twists as they were about the viewer having no effing idea what the hell is going on.
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2012-03-29 at 12:40 AM.

So, a movie with a good plot twist?

In that case, I'd recommend Saw. Only the first film, mind. Perhaps the second as well.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2012-03-29 at 12:39 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

From Dusk 'till Dawn.

Looks like it's simply going to be about a kidnapping, and then halfway through the movie BAM!!! Vampires everywhere!
    Last edited by Crow_eyeS; 2012-03-29 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    Primer (This was an extremely low budget movie that was absolutely fascinating)
    Though be warned, it's far more of a character study than it is a Sci/Fi. The damn thing gave me a headache trying to figure out the intricacies of the machine involved before I finally had to give up and realise that wasn't important or going to be developed upon in this film.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

usual suspects is one of my favorites.

end of the departed was like.. what... wait... WTF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Though be warned, it's far more of a character study than it is a Sci/Fi. The damn thing gave me a headache trying to figure out the intricacies of the machine involved before I finally had to give up and realise that wasn't important or going to be developed upon in this film.
    Haha ya. It was pretty confusing. My favourite quote about it was "anybody who claims he fully understands what's going on in Primer after seeing it just once is either a savant or a liar." (shamelessly stolen from the wikipedia article).
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2012-03-29 at 12:51 AM.