Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justdroppingby View Post
    I have already solo'd this on my Ret Paladin
    i believe you. grats

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I believe him as well. Madness was trivial for a lone Ret pally for a single day.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    When such a claim has been made, as they say... "video or GTFO" ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by vorlir View Post
    no you didn't
    Remember that ret pally bug? I have no idea if it was possible but they could do ridiculous amounts of DPS then from what I hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont believe him unless he could pull over 1 mill dps

even then though the boss had what has 150mil or so health on 10m

no. you won't be able to beat cataclysm timer or the 15minute timer

AMS
    Blood DK's selfhealing
    Clewer use of Spellweave (like i think you do on HM)
    25-35% Debuff in DS...
    Aspects able to tank big tentacle (dont know if an aspect can take an impale tho)

Im seeing this as highly doable at some point by either a DK or hunter and maybe locks aswell depending on how their so called tanking abilities will turn out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    I intend to solo it as soon as it's possible. I don't see what would stop a hunter from doing it, provided the dps requirement isn't too high. Pet should easily take an impale or two, especially with cooldowns (Cower 45 second cd 6 sec duration 40% damage reduction, Shell shield 60 second cd 12 sec duration 50% damage reduction), and otherwise pet switching should make it possible. Elementium Bolt should be killable before it lands until Nozdormu is gone, then Intervene should take it easily. Not to mention our percentagewise self healing will be over 3 times as high as it is now, unless they make major changes (I really think it's too much, it sounds weird hoping for a nerf but I kinda fear soloing will be trivial).
    Same as a warlock. We still don't know how that demon hunting glyph will work out, locks will maybe have lots of soloing tool in MoP.
    One (of the few) advantage we'll have over hunters is that we don't need pet switching, they could die to every impale and we could still summon another one. Also I wonder if there's any adds you could despawn with FD during that fight

Otherwise MoD won't be the hardest fight in DS to solo. Hagara's lighting phase will probably be impossible, even as a pet class.
    And Ultraxion Fading Light debuff will kill anyone tanking him, so dk won't be able to do it. Hunters/locks may have a shot with a pet tanking, but the aoe dmg will be ridiculously high.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justdroppingby View Post
    I have already solo'd this on my Ret Paladin
    Same here and on my ret pally! ret pallys are so OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Same as a warlock. We still don't know how that demon hunting glyph will work out, locks will maybe have lots of soloing tool in MoP.
    One (of the few) advantage we'll have over hunters is that we don't need pet switching, they could die to every impale and we could still summon another one. Also I wonder if there's any adds you could despawn with FD during that fight

Otherwise MoD won't be the hardest fight in DS to solo. Hagara's lighting phase will probably be impossible, even as a pet class.
    And Ultraxion Fading Light debuff will kill anyone tanking him, so dk won't be able to do it. Hunters/locks may have a shot with a pet tanking, but the aoe dmg will be ridiculously high.
    Fading light hits the current aggro target AND a DPS, so, impossible to solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i dont believe him unless he could pull over 1 mill dps

even then though the boss had what has 150mil or so health on 10m
    This post confused me. You say they can in the first sentence but contradict yourself in the second sentence...with 1mil dps you could down a 150 mil boss in 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    This post confused me. You say they can in the first sentence but contradict yourself in the second sentence...with 1mil dps you could down a 150 mil boss in 15 seconds.
    Uh, 1m dps would mean 150 seconds for 150m damage, not 15.

Deleted
    ¬_¬ 10chars

I think it will be easier than LK to solo DW.
    Imho the biggest problem will be the dps requirements but I bet there will be ways to work around that with bloods+ spellweave and stuff like that.
    Well we'll see if its possible sooner or later

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember people saying lich king wouldn't be able to be soloed ever because of defile, plague, and valkyrs. HOWEVER, it didn't take those pro dks long to beat it. The fact is most things bug out when its just on person.

I would expect that people would be able to solo it within MOP. Also be able to solo some of the bosses on heroic like mor.

People were able to solo sunwell in wotlk, lich king in cata, so a probable assumption would be that people will be able to solo madness in mop

Easy

It'll be done

10+ Year Old Account
    Really can't tell right now. Assuming the DS buff goes up to 30% (I heard the cap was 35%, don't quote me on this, but I may check), and assuming our stat levels increase enough, I'd say it'll be doable. Maybe not during T14, maybe not even during T15, but by T16 I expect some people to be able to take it down. Halion was, after all, soloed in heroic mode during this tier. It all depends on how heavy the mechanics will punish us for being alone. Never say never, I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Don't forget to take in the gradual health nerfs being implemented into Dragon Soul and seeing where the number is at when MoP rolls around.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....math fail for you 1mil per sec for 15s is 15mil

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Fading light hits the current aggro target AND a DPS, so, impossible to solo.
    Oh yes you're right, dunno why I had the LFR version in mind.
    Well you only need 308k dps to solo him in LFR, who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    When such a claim has been made, as they say... "video or GTFO" ;p
    the "day of the ret paladin".