Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Its no wonder Detroit is doing so badly the only thing they make that isnt garbage are trucks. When the only good thing you can make are trucks you are kind of screwed, especially when it takes me $100 a week to fill mine up with gas.
    You kinda answered your own question. US is more concerned with selling gas than cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezrail View Post
    Isn't your reply exactly what you're criticizing these American companies of doing? Anyway, it's your misconception that we're misconceived about where are parts/vehicles are being made. Some people just refuse to buy brands other than Ford/GM/Chrysler just as you refuse to by them.

Does Canada even have their own brand of cars that are still in production? Serious question
    Not in the slightest. Whereas the 'big three' shit all over the other companies, preying upon the racist tendencies of most people, the Japanese companies just kept on keepin' on. They produced vastly superior quality for less than the American companies could.

I refuse to buy from the big three because of their poor quality and deceitful design philosophy. People who refuse to buy anything but are just stuck in some 1960's way of thinking, where if they didn't buy American, it meant they were commies.

And as far as I'm aware, Canada hasn't had any brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Abba View Post
    since when are VW, Audi, BMW and Mercedes luxury cars?^^
    I would definitely consider those luxury cars, except for the VW.

Something thats not a luxery car, is something like a chevy cavalier

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Oh god, the Charger. If ever there was a more manly car than that, I've yet to see it. My dad has a '73 sitting in one of our garages that I would so desperately love to use, but trouble is I can't drive stick

God that monster is loud though. It's such a beast.

And then the new chargers? Forget about it. When I heard that they were going to start making new Chargers again, I was afraid they were going to ruin the name. Nope. Far from it. The 2011 and 2012 chargers are pretty much a muscle car with a rocket-ship engine. I'm 100% convinced that flooring the pedal would rip the car in half. There is a reason that the head-rests are shaped like giant catcher's mitts. Otherwise, you'd snap your neck driving it. Those cars are so damn powerful.
    my first car was a '69 charger. i might never forgive mopar for putting 4 doors on the new one

Damnit, you americans have it easy. Car taxes in Brazil are insanely high. For example: A Camaro costs about US$ 20-30k in the US. Here, the same car costs R$ 220k or US$ 140k.

Oh yeah, and a Corvette costs R$ 360k or about US$ 200k.

Right becuase no one wants to drive a Charger or a Challenger or a Camaro or a Mustang.

Get real American muscle is alive and well.

Because the U.S. is always focused on retarded safety ratings, buying trucks, and the workforce is so unionized you can make an IDENTICAL car in Japan that sells for 3k less. In another manner of speaking, a Japanese car that sells for 24k has 3k more value because they spent that much more making the car.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I'm not an American, BUT!

Just sayin.
    Except a McLaren, Ferrari, or Lambo would destroy this garbage.

American car companies were poorly managed, compared to their foreign competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Except a McLaren, Ferrari, or Lambo would destroy this garbage.
    As do their price tags

10+ Year Old Account
    U.S. car companies do produce decent cars, although I'll be the first to say the 90's were a terrible time for both design and quality. What they generally do not produce are the high-end luxury and exotics that are associated with German, Italian, and British car makers. This doesn't mean that American cars are inherently worse, there's just a fundamental difference in what Americans want in a car versus what a European wants in a car.

mustang > bitch ass jaguar that breaks after 4 years and is impossible to fix.

Camaro's are also nice.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 11:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    Damnit, you americans have it easy. Car taxes in Brazil are insanely high. For example: A Camaro costs about US$ 20-30k in the US. Here, the same car costs R$ 220k or US$ 140k.

Oh yeah, and a Corvette costs R$ 360k or about US$ 200k.
    It seems like it would be cheaper just to buy the car in america and have it shipped to your country lol.

the brits may have universal healthcare, but they also have a 20% sales tax. thats gotta fuckin hurt when buying a new car lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saleen S7 says hi.

Mostly its going to be a matter of opinion though. I'm equally biased toward Lexus and Chevrolet, not a big fan of Ford or Honda. But if you ask me, Camaros are about as good as they come. They are yumalicious.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    Random selection of cars
    5 series hybrid $61k and £47k
    z4 $48k and £29k
    C Class $35k and £26k
    S Class $92k and £60k
    A4 $32k and £23k

I have this car im thinking off when i look at the front radiator......just...can't...put ...my ...finger..on..it.

That's it Austin Martin, not an American company (or at least not designed by americans)
    Aston Martin DB9 or something similar no doubt. And it's an English company

15+ Year Old Account
    They never have and probably never will. The old classics, yea, shitty. They look nice, but they could not handle unless you were born to drift around every corner. Germany makes the best cars, and in second place is all of europe, minus Italy, as they only have one decent automobile maker, Maserati.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Frod Mustang, Challenger, Charger >> any european tuner car.
    Even the odds. 2012 American Mustang Challenger or Charger vs 2012 anything European. Guaranteed the European will win.
    1960-2012 American car vs 1960-2012 European. 90% of the time, European will win, as they just make better cars. They win rallies, they win track days, they win Le-Mans, the only they do not win is NASCAR, because there there's only American stock cars in NASCAR. It's a fact. America makes great trucks and suvs, that's about it. It's also sad that America also has about 2-3 super cars. Ford GT and apparently the Corvette, as well as the Saleen S7. And those can't even touch the supercars Europe, mainly Britain has been making.

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    mustang > bitch ass jaguar that breaks after 4 years and is impossible to fix.
    Jaguar http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...F/Performance/
    Three engines are available in the 2012 Jaguar XF. Base and Portfolio models are equipped with a 385-horsepower 5.0-liter V8, while the two upper trim levels add a significant bump in power by using a supercharged version of the same 5.0-liter V8. The XF Supercharged puts 470 horsepower to the rear wheels, while the more aggressively-tuned XFR puts out 510 horsepower.
    Mustang http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...g/Performance/
    Critics and enthusiasts are ecstatic. With a 3.7-liter V6 that produces 305 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 280 pound-feet of torque at 4,250, the 2012 Mustang is more powerful than V8-powered Mustang GTs from 2009.

The V6’s power is routed to the rear wheels through either a six-speed manual or an optional six-speed automatic transmission. Reviewers say that although the Mustang GT is more powerful, it’s no longer the obvious choice for driving enthusiasts since the V6 is surprisingly quick. One test driver notes that the Mustang’s automatic transmission still lacks a manual mode – a surprising oversight given the Mustang’s sporting intentions.
    The four-door Jaguar is actually better than a 2 door sports vehicle.

In simpler terms.
    Jaguar -
    MPG: 16 City / 23 Hwy
    Engine: Gas V8 5.0L/305
    Horsepower: 385 @ 6500
    Torque: 380 @ 3500 5.0L/305

Mustang -
    MPG: 19 City / 29 Hwy
    Engine: Gas V6 3.7L/227
    Horsepower: 305 @ 6500
    Torque: 280 @ 4250 3.7L/227

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    #1 Ford 171,732
    #2 Chevrolet 151,197
    #3 Toyota 137,807
    #4 Honda 98,899
    #5 Nissan 97,492

Looks like Americans are still buying a lot of Fords and Chevys. Shrug.
    Not so much.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2012/03...n-america.html

#1 Toyota Camry

#2 Nissan Altima

#3 Honda Civic

#4 Ford Focus

#5 Toyota Corolla/Matrix

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abba View Post
    since when are VW, Audi, BMW and Mercedes luxury cars?^^
    Since, always. As they generally focus on, and achieve at performance and comfort. American cars are made like this.
    We want to make a cheaper car
    - Fill it with plastic, terrible seats, terrible gearbox, terrible handling, plastic hubcaps, still cost you 15k.
    We want to make a performance vehicle.
    - Focus only on engine, tires, and gearbox, seats will be leather, don't care about the comfort, they won't be in their seat most of the time, fill it with plastic, also make sure it makes it around The Nurburgring in under 9 minutes 30 seconds. Also make it loud to make it sound like a powerful engine because who knows how much power it doesn't have right jaja.

Europeans, they want to make a car, they make a car. Of course they have their own economy cars ,but their performance vehicles are above and beyond Americans not only by performance, but comfort too, which is just as important, as well as being forgotten due to the sudden craze around the Nurburgring
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-03-30 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidcake View Post
    are benz, bmw and vw overpriced dreams? what world do you live in
    BMW and Benz in the US? yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    As long as you don't buy french cars, you're okay.
    The french make pretty good small cars.

that's just your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Frod Mustang, Challenger, Charger >> any european tuner car.
    sure, they might be better, until you hit a turn, then the muscle cars slide too much, loose speed and get left behind.

the main problem with american cars today is quite simple, they're too heavy and they have no handling, they just go really fast in a straight line....