Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    The more I play Destro the more I come to realize little things that I would like have tweaked.

The biggest thing, I think right now, is the fact that haste is so vital to mana regen, yet at the same time has 0 effect on both Conflag and Shadowburn.
    That's not quite correct.

Haste's effect on cast times can be expressed as: base cast time / (1 + haste). Haste's effect on mana regen can be expressed as: (mana / time) * (1 + haste). So, the full formula for the amount of mana you'd generate per a given cast time would be: (base cast time / (1 + haste)) * ((mana / time) * (1 + haste)). That "1 + haste" cancels out, so you'd end up with: base cast time * mana / time.

Or, a given casted spell will generate the same amount of mana no matter what your haste is. So, a Chaos Bolt will always generate 21.75% mana over the duration of it's cast (barring the use of Backdraft, which is a cast time reduction instead of a haste effect).

With one big exception in the GCD cap. Once you hit the 1 second GCD cap, your cast time can't be reduced any further, so you start generating more mana per cast. One hidden and often overlooked effect of our Chaotic Energy passive is that it reduces the GCD of our spells by .5 seconds, so all of our instants have a base 1 second GCD without haste.

So, as you get more haste, the mana you generate while using Congflag, Shadowburn, FF, and Curses will increase beyond the base 7.25%.
    Last edited by Fallensaint; 2012-08-31 at 08:21 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    and u can pretty much spam FnB if there is 5 or more targets not sure about the number but the guardian trash before the fight in mogu vaults not sure about other situations but u were able to do it there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    You can't spam FnB, even if you use it for Immo + RoF only, the chance to get embers back is just too small. The only way to keep bombing is switching to HL after you set up FnB -> Immo -> RoF, until you need to renew the FnB -> Immo -> RoF rotation.

Besides, your Incinerates do pathetic 50% Aoe damage thanks to the FnB modifier, with no chance to regenerate the ember whatsoever . . .

Edit: Correction: You can get an ember back if you hit enough targets (8+ ideally) with your FnB Incinerate, so that might actually work out half-way decently.
    It actually works out just fine or awesome when you do it on 10+ targets. 7+ is just barely but still feels okay, 6 or less just doesn't work yeah.
    Last edited by Szemere; 2012-08-31 at 02:27 PM.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

haha starting to feel like a warrior yet ? just love watching my embers drain off between pulls.

id like to see them change the mana regen for destro making crit regen you mana faster because i honestly would like to stack a stat that isnt haste for once

just did lfr hagara as destro 536k crits on chaos bolt. my face *o* <<