Poll: What race for arcane mage

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

horde race for arcane mage

Hi im about to faction chang emy mage and i was wondering, wich race are the best (horde side) for a arcane mage ? I was thinking of troll...

so by your opignion wich race are the best for an arcane mage ?

ty for your help

For dps? Troll... Beserking is awesome!

more than likely blood elf, or goblin for racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    ho and yeah for raiding i forgot to add it :x

Female belf cause they look sexy, unless you're in a top lvl guild doing only heroic raids, racials aren't as important, sure they add a bit of dps here and there or make something slightly easier, but they won't they won't make or break your normal DS 10man.

So as far as i'm concerned looks > racials
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

Even at high end raiding you can get away with whatever you want really. I personally found that troll was the best for arcane to help with burst dps.
    However goblin is nice for fire to help reach extra combustion/pyro/lb ticks. The difference in dps can easily be negated by crit rng anyway, so overall it doesn't matter that much.

Troll are a teensy bit better than everything else because of berserk, but, play undead female! because they're awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls always

orc male cuz it looks awesomme.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Belf female. Their racial isn't terrible for arcane, but that aside, they're the best looking race. (my sig probably gives away my affection for them)
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-03-29 at 11:33 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    Trolls always
    10 Characters

Deleted
    Troll I guess, if you line up berserk with arcane power it should increase you dps. I'm not entirely sure if it's better than the 1% haste from goblins tho, having a lot of haste can be really bad for arcane.

Deleted
    Do you not have any artistical preference?

Blood Elf, because of the the 'feel' it will bring.

Deleted
    it almost doesn't make any difference, just pick what you prefer

I always picked depending on the lore around the race and how their specific culture fits into everything. No race is more talented than the other lorewise, though their culture might be more attuned to it. Obviously the Blood Elves are built around it, just like the Draenei on the Alliance side (though they don't show it). Forsaken mages were always cool to play as because of their sinister cold nature which fits into the frost element. The cold chill of death. Game wise though.. Trolls without a doubt.

Trolls do the most damage, but Blood Elves match the class better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf. Pair with enchanting and tailoring. It'll be the easiest decision you ever made.

* I normally tell people not to roll BEs because they are so overplayed, but this is one of the exceptions. Best racials. Best cast animations. Best lore fit. Win. Win. Win.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-03-31 at 08:23 AM.

orc is the best for arcane burst.. troll berserking is nice but its not as good since you'll be haste capped already really easily as arcane.
    goblin is lol.