Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Meta standing by itself might be considered "high consistent pressure", but not when you have cooldowns up. Wild imps normally are about 8k damage x 5 every 2.4 seconds, that by itself is "high consistent pressure" Throw in a trinket proc, on use trinket, Ds, and hell, pet sac just for over kill you are spamming 72k instants (or 170k soul fires if you want to risk casting)...on top of everything else you are doing.
    You can purge DS and LOS imps, for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    Yea i noticed too, especially on the forums, close to nil feedback about demo and pages on pages of aff, destro.

People just wont play demonology neither in PvP nor PvE, not even with the buffs.

At least for me, 2.5 seconds on its main nuke feels really really painful, it almosts kills all the good points.

I play demo. I haven't given up yet. I'm damned close, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this question but, what about the molten core charges past 20%? do they go to waste?, if so they should increase the damage of molten core by each charge like 1% per charge, so they're not wasted

Quote Originally Posted by robabel20 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has asked this question but, what about the molten core charges past 20%? do they go to waste?, if so they should increase the damage of molten core by each charge like 1% per charge, so they're not wasted
    I'm not sure what you're asking. Below 20% any stacked MC charges are "wasted" since you proc them on hit with each SF.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

according to my testing on the beta, any stacked MC charges below 20% are not spent. For example, if I hit 20% with soulfire with 5 stacks of MC those 5 stacks are useless because once we hit 20% with soulfire we get the molten core effect, so my question was if those charges can be used for something more useful.

according to my testing on the beta, any stacked MC charges below 20% are not spent. For example, if I hit 20% with soulfire with 5 stacks of MC those 5 stacks are useless because once we hit 20% with soulfire we get the molten core effect, so my question was if those charges can be used for something more useful.
    I mean Decimation is what it is, I don't see why you should be rewarded for having excess stacks of MC heading into execute range...
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can hit adds with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Sometimes I feel like this. ^ It makes me sad to know that nations have risen and fallen in the span of time it takes to fire off HOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Quote of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onigumo View Post
    Sometimes I feel like this. ^ It makes me sad to know that nations have risen and fallen in the span of time it takes to fire off HOG.
    Quote of the year.
    I play demo. I haven't given up yet. I have no reason to, though.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I play demo. I haven't given up yet. I have no reason to, though.
    Right now (cata) the 2 reasons people play DEMO (The very very few of them):

1. Because of the 10% spellpower buff, when there is no ele shaman (some are obligated because of this)
    2. Like the "concept" of a demonologist so hard that anything else doesnt matter

We will see once cata hits live, but on beta i dont think even 10% of the lock population is playing it, you see 1 demo once in a blue moon, but aff and destros are everywhere, there is no overpowered 10%sp buff on MOP, that alone will dramatically affect its numbers.

I am trying my best, so hard to get used to 2.5s shadowbolt because i "really" like demo's other tools, but it feels so painful it makes me want to cry, lol, considering i have played a fire mage, a lot, it had 2.5 seconds fireball, but on that spec it wasnt a nightmare as demo.
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-07-01 at 02:37 AM.

1. Because of the 10% spellpower buff, when there is no ele shaman (some are obligated because of this)
    2. Like the "concept" of a demonologist so hard that anything else doesnt matter
    In PvE, it does the best DPS on most fights. If you had to pick a spec to use on all fights, it would be Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    In PvE, it does the best DPS on most fights. If you had to pick a spec to use on all fights, it would be Demo.
    My god, and it is still the most unpopular spec in the game? things are worse than i tough, i am new to this demo thing, just because of tools like demonicleap and carrion swarm in PvP, in cata i cant stand playing it for 20 seconds, it feels like you are soooo slow and useless without meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone had a chance to test how the reimplemented Hellfire stacks up against Harvest Life and Rain of Fire in practice?

My god, and it is still the most unpopular spec in the game? things are worse than i tough, i am new to this demo thing, just because of tools like demonicleap and carrion swarm in PvP, in cata i cant stand playing it for 20 seconds, it feels like you are soooo slow and useless without meta.
    I don't enjoy PVE in WoW, so it being the bestest PVEspec ever doesn't matter to me. I am probably going to go Affliction or Destro for PVE. Anyway, its cast times are the main thing I hate about it. I am double Demo for PVE and PVP, but I hardly use SB except when I can get an instant shot off. Mostly I just chain CC people and go from there. I killed a hunter today who was full Ruthless(I think) when I had just hit 85 a few days ago and I was wearing full PVE stuff, so that strategy has been working somewhat.

I really love Demo's concept and playstyle, which is why I am so loyal to it. I just like to bitch about my perceptions of its shortcomings from time to time.
    Last edited by Onigumo; 2012-07-01 at 05:10 AM.

If they want to make demo more enjoyable and popular they need to lower the cast time of shadow bolt to 1.5s and reduce its base damage so that the overall dmg remains the same. I play in EU so i cant post this on Beta Class Balance Analysis topic, wtb merged forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there are two distinct definitions people have when they talk about "burst". One is cooldown related, increasing overall damage for a short period of time, the other is applying a big chunk of damage inside a 3-4 GCDs. Destro does the former, Demo the latter. Strikingly it's Affliction, which has rather flat output which actually performs the best in competative PvP. That's something to chew on, and asks the question as to whether we really need either kind.

Regardless of that. A 2.5s cast time is not I think a hugely important factor in the popularity of the spec; Fire, a Mage's most popular spec on Live, and one of the most popular specs in the game overall has 2.5s base cast times for it's filler - I don't think shortening it in MoP has anything to do with a desire to increase it's popularity, and is 0.25s really a big deal when you are calling to cut a full second off it? Similarly, Elemental Shaman are using a 2.5s cast spell as a filler. Nor is it really an encumbrance to overall output, again, Fire Mages are the top DPS spec in the game, and very competative in PvP, and Demo is our highest DPS spec using that filler, just as Affliction is very competative with the same filler.

Yea i noticed too, especially on the forums, close to nil feedback about demo and pages on pages of aff, destro.
    What are you talking about? Destro doesn't have that much feedback as well. Locks are ONLY talking about Affliction and that damned drain twisting. That's all that mattered to them. When locks talk about demonology, it's just all about tanking. And all early Destro threads got buried.

I've seen more discussions here and I think I've seen a couple of suggestions here that actually got implemented. There's only a handful locks in the beta forums that actually give decent feedback. The others are just fodder just drooling over demo tanking which is ridiculous given the current state of the class.

That is the point, if warlocks have so many extra sources of damage.

Why do their main nuke needs to have the LONGEST CAST TIME IN MOP + lowest dpct? it is awful design and one of the main reasons the spec is so unpopular in PVP/PvE.
    Starfire is a 2.7s cast. Do your research. It's also a main nuke, unlike SB.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Starfire is a 2.7s cast. Do your research. It's also a main nuke, unlike SB.
    And wrath is 2 seconds AND moonkins have talents to cast like a machine gun.

Coincidently moonkins are also very unpopular and the complains are cast times.

@Jessicka

shamans LB is 2 seconds

Fire mages are very popular even with 2.5s fireball because:

1. scorch is very very fast cast and gives them 90% of their damage completely while moving

2. scorch is insanely overpowered

3. fireball hits very hard (reasons already discussed) (so it feels somehow justified)

4. insane control, literally insane, plus burst plus a huge toolkit of instants

ON TOP of this, fireball is getting changed TO 2.2 SECONDS cast
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-07-01 at 04:05 PM.

Deleted
    Well if you're doing it right, chaos bolt is a 1.9 second cast - with the horrible haste levels we have atm.