Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A single player can figure out how to pimp his in-game effects to his liking but a multi-million company cant
    Reading isn't your strong suit, is it? That guy changed his game files. Sure Blizzard could do that in a heartbeat and all WLs would have green fire. But that is NOT what they want. They want to give players a choice. To implement something like that on a foolproof basis much more work needs to be done.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Several of the zones have vendors with decent gear that isn't quite at the quest item level. These help provide coverage if you miss a reward, say gloves or shoulders, since questing is less linear now. However, these vendors also help you gather off-spec gear.
    I'm not sure if this is just a beta thing or it will go live?

Anyway if it will go live it essentially kills the market for crafted green gear (the stuff you at least skill up on). And I'm not even gonna talk about catering to casuals and handing out gear as if it was candy on halloween and what not...

Deleted
    dragons. in so many colors! RAINBOWPUKE!

The thing I'm curious about with the quest rewards being aimed at classes, do they all sell for the same amount? One of the things I loved to do was doing quests and being able to choose a plate piece as my reward when there wasn't anything useful so I could sell it for twice as much as the cloth reward. Are they going to have them all sell for the same amount?

Horde not as Appealing to Female Gamers
    This made me lol. I am a female and I have played nothing but Horde from the start of my WoW career some 4.5 years ago. I love my horde and would never dream of switching!Undead women FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The thing I'm curious about with the quest rewards being aimed at classes, do they all sell for the same amount? One of the things I loved to do was doing quests and being able to choose a plate piece as my reward when there wasn't anything useful so I could sell it for twice as much as the cloth reward. Are they going to have them all sell for the same amount?
    But that's the point of this new system, why would you need to sell anything? the gear the quest gives will be usable by your character.. so the days of picking up gear you can never use and selling it from quests would be gone. Although granted you could still sell it.. and I accept that's why you're asking. I'm guessing they will have a fixed price.

Deleted
    I love the new drake mounts! The colors, shapes, their looks, even the smoke coming out of their nose. I rellay want to get one in MoP. However, I will not use it for flying as it will most likely make me seasick. Heck, I don't even use my proto drakes for flying because I think they're all over the screen. And this one seems even worse...

I'm female & I play horde. Trolls are hot mon!!!

I don't play a warlock but the whole "we want green fire to be an epic accomplishment" sound pretty ridicolous, it's like hunters asking for hydras and blizzard say "well we want be sure that taming an hydra will be an epic accomplishment" they have forgotten the "trololol" at the end of the period. Tbh nice change about quest reward they seem to have somewhat managed to surpass the "max 5 choice" on quests rewards that was around since the sand of time ring.

bufferunderrun: Yeah it's painful really to see features you've wanted since day 1 suddenly appear so late in the day. Every time I level an alt, all I think is 'damnit why did that quest not have anything for me' ... and when it's a blue quest reward it's even more annoying.. and then viola, suddenly they can do this. After how many years? Ugh. I'm glad of the feature don't get me wrong.. and better late than never etc.. but I just wish they'd been as flexible as this from an earlier point in time, that's all.

Somehow the dragon movements are making me motion sick >_> but seeing them like this its even harder to pick a color >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    After Blizzard tells me they'll work on giving warlocks green fire and then tell me it's not going to work out shortly after, from this point on I'm not going to believe any information on MoP until I see it. Everything is lies, I tell you! EVERYTHING IS LIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    Somehow the dragon movements are making me motion sick >_> but seeing them like this its even harder to pick a color >_>
    Agreed.. that's the first thing I thought too!! Sea sickness!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Reading isn't your strong suit, is it? That guy changed his game files. Sure Blizzard could do that in a heartbeat and all WLs would have green fire. But that is NOT what they want. They want to give players a choice. To implement something like that on a foolproof basis much more work needs to be done.
    herp derp... that thing is an addon. Here's how its done: enable addon/disable addon. Is that much of a farcry for Blizzard to build it in into UI? That's hardly more complex than death knight vioce on/off. Are you telling me something like that is complex and resource heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    But that's the point of this new system, why would you need to sell anything? the gear the quest gives will be usable by your character.. so the days of picking up gear you can never use and selling it from quests would be gone. Although granted you could still sell it.. and I accept that's why you're asking. I'm guessing they will have a fixed price.
    Not if you have heirlooms and dungeon loot.. they just scrapped a very big chunk of gold income for many people with that.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

"Sorry, we can't add new things because it requires work from our coders."
    Seriously, it's been 2 expansions since they've been pouring that same excuse... And players do buy that ?
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2012-04-02 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post
    372 2h Weap with over 6k Max Damage? The fuck is happening?
    this was my thought as well when i first saw the 372 1400 dps 2hander. in previous expansion launches our old gear lasted us at least a little while. now it looks like the first few quests we complete will replace all of our gear. looks like i was justified in taking time off until MoP launches. this would have drove me crazy if i had wasted all of that time farming deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    this was my thought as well when i first saw the 372 1400 dps 2hander. in previous expansion launches our old gear lasted us at least a little while. now it looks like the first few quests we complete will replace all of our gear. looks like i was justified in taking time off until MoP launches. this would have drove me crazy if i had wasted all of that time farming deathwing.
    It's because they bumped all of the weapon damage (incl. current Cata weapons) by a factor of 2.
    The first items you get in MoP are ilvl 372, so they're just below HoT stuff. Stuff from the first 5-man is 425 however, so that one could replace quite a lot of gear
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    It's because they bumped all of the weapon damage (incl. current Cata weapons) by a factor of 2.
    The first items you get in MoP are ilvl 372, so they're just below HoT stuff. Stuff from the first 5-man is 425 however, so that one could replace quite a lot of gear
    oh.. nice . it would just seem kind of silly that my sword that dropped from deathwing would be overpowered by a piece of rusted steel from a random amazing randy quest giver. glad that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    herp derp... that thing is an addon. Here's how its done: enable addon/disable addon. Is that much of a farcry for Blizzard to build it in into UI? That's hardly more complex than death knight vioce on/off. Are you telling me something like that is complex and resource heavy?
    you don't get it, do you? with that addon, every warlock you see in the game will have a green fire. meanwhile they want the client to show different spell effects, with normal fire for warlocks who don't have that glyph.