....multiple!

problem solved
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    GvG ladder never mattered anyway, as long as they have HA or something along those lines i will be even happier than i am with the current PvP content
    The Champion title track was made to reward highly ranked guilds in their GvG endeavors.
    Champion points are only earned by players when both guilds involved in a GvG battle have ratings greater than 1,200.
    This is basically all that mattered for me during years.. ;(

HA was really stupid specially when you get to face iways and spikes.. (no offence even i iway´ed sometime) Bring me those iways and spikers in GvG and we would laugh !

HA was terribad if you were good at GvG yeah you could go sometimes to HA if your core team was not available and you did not want to loose your rank but still GvG was glorious !

Hero title Vs Champion Title !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    I almost like the idea, honestly. However, can you imagine how infuriating that would be in WvWvW to know your own server is taking itself out. Beyond that, it would open the gate for cheating in WvWvW - just roll an alt to where your server is fighting and start taking it down from within.
    I realize that it would be infuriating, however this will only happen between servers that are actually doing fine wich gives the weaker servers an advantage. You need to have the castles in your team, before you can claim them. And making an alt would not cut it, since only guilds can claim forts.

Why is it named Guild Wars if it doesn't have any wars regarding guilds?
    Or am I just missing the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Zikky View Post
    Why is it named Guild Wars if it doesn't have any wars regarding guilds?
    Or am I just missing the point?
    As has been said AT LEAST once per page this whole thread,
    the guild wars refer to a part of the lore involving the war of three major 'guilds'.
    Asking why it doesn't actually have guild wars is like asking why you don't go to war with any stars in the star wars MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    As has been said AT LEAST once per page this whole thread,
    the guild wars refer to a part of the lore involving the war of three major 'guilds'.
    Asking why it doesn't actually have guild wars is like asking why you don't go to war with any stars in the star wars MMO.
    war among the stars, sir

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Hi again,

After the BWE of guild wars 2 (something i enjoyed a lot) I still see a gap for structured gvg. There isnt any strategy at all in WvWvW seriously people can slack around and do nothing in battle while others are dying and wasting time coming back. I really expected the best pvp experience in my life and right now i have the feeling i am left out of this.

My opinion regarding all the stuff i have seen and enjoyed in this bwe :

I love how the skills are set. I mean you have 5 skills that depends on the weapon this is your basic bread and butter damage skills you know what to interrupt how to avoid them what to avoid and what to use to make your damage effective. Regarding the second set of 5 skills i dont think they are important for your opponent as you basically cant overlap between them. Yes your strategy is there you can be more or less effective using a better or worst build but thats it. I love how gw always bring the idea of making better players rather than getting better gear in order to be a better player.

I enjoyed alot the arena style of play, great experience for me. Never enjoyed so much on a 1vs1 against a player and no matter who is the other player or how good or bad he is your chances are always the same both have a similar amount of heal and a similar amout of damge dealt quite balanced in my opinion. This said how good is for a single player to join this method of gameplay is really not as awesome for a group work.

WvWvW a bit disapointing not better than alliance battle in gw1 and far worst than gvg. This said i stilll hope for a further expansion to see a great structured pvp. I dont mean a 5 vs 5 but a propper and nice strategy and gameplay.

In a overall conclusion i would say that i am glad to purchase this game and i think its worth playing it.. finally a mmo that really cares about the player quality and not only the gear.

So getting back to the OP you guys after trying the BWE and having played GvG at any time in gw1 still OK with not having GvG in gw2 ?

You wont have to run back if you spend supply on building waypoints. Also if your really into WvW your going to want to join a guild deticated to WvW. Eventually servers with alot of WvW guilds will be fighting each other and youll get better play.

10+ Year Old Account
    WvWvW was very very restricted in terms of ability to do things in Beta. Becoming a commander was 3g and that was a lot for a beta. Once Commanders are in, you can create waypoints so you don't have to run.

Also, there is a huge amount of strategy in WvWvW, and the servers that were successful were the ones using them. You aren't gonna do real well throwing yourself face first against a wall, you need rams or catapults. If you need rams or catapults, you need supply. If you need supply, you need camps and to protect your caravans. I played earlier today for a few hours and I switched from helping capture keeps to running around in a small squad capturing and protecting supply camps to keep our team supplied.

The one thing that lifted my confidence for this game and the community is the amount of people making a point to revive downed teammates, or resurrect fallen comrades. It showed an unselfish agenda in the community as a whole which is very, very refreshing.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Deleted
    100% agree with OP, this is whats bothering me also about gw2. I wasnt in a high ranked guild in gw1 but I still loved to think of strategies to beat the other guild and watch top guilds fight eachother. There was sooo much metagame going on and sooo much strategy. A shame they dont have it in gw2. I also loved the ranking system and the tournaments for best guild in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by fecys1 View Post
    100% agree with OP, this is whats bothering me also about gw2. I wasnt in a high ranked guild in gw1 but I still loved to think of strategies to beat the other guild and watch top guilds fight eachother. There was sooo much metagame going on and sooo much strategy. A shame they dont have it in gw2. I also loved the ranking system and the tournaments for best guild in the world.
    I don't know why people think Conquest won't have the metagame and strategy that GvG had. Seems like it will be at least as deep as GvG to me.

Deleted
    Personally I think they should have kept it.

WvW is a larger format, which is fantastic, but GvG was also an awesome 8v8 format, and would be.

Would be nice to have both.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case anybody misses this:
    2012-04-01, 10:07 PM

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post

WvW is a larger format, which is fantastic, but GvG was also an awesome 8v8 format, and would be.

sPvP is where GvG fans will hang out. It's not 8v8, but so what?

That's like complaining that dungeons don't go 10-man.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post

Dat 2month+ necro thread!
    You can apparently hot join sPvP in up to a 10v10 format when hot join is actually complete (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP), and there is a map with guild lords in the basic style of GvG. Even in the beta I'm pretty sure the joinable servers were 16 slots which would be 8v8. They kind of did include both. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    In case anybody misses this:

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 05:35 PM ----------

sPvP is where GvG fans will hang out. It's not 8v8, but so what?

That's like complaining that dungeons don't go 10-man.
    gvg is not conquest 8v8

comparison is bad
    The Original Ganksta

Structured PvP or Tournaments with your guildies only = GvG
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Structured PvP or Tournaments with your guildies only = GvG
    Comparable to "flying first class with your guildies (gw1 gvg) and crawling the same distance through the mud with your guildies (sPvP with your guildies) = travelling with your guildies".

It's a valid comparison. Both are valid means of travel. The difference lies in the actual implementation. If you choose to focus on name of the format "guild versus guild" versus actual contents of the format, surely you don't mind the difference between crawling through the mud and flying first class either? They both fall under the "travelling" umbrella after all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Comparable to "flying first class with your guildies (gw1 gvg) and crawling the same distance through the mud with your guildies (sPvP with your guildies) = travelling with your guildies".

It's a valid comparison. Both are valid means of travel. The difference lies in the actual implementation. If you choose to focus on name of the format "guild versus guild" versus actual contents of the format, surely you don't mind the difference between crawling through the mud and flying first class either? They both fall under the "travelling" umbrella after all!
    Seriously now? Mud? Can you at least try next time harder to troll? How boring your life has to be for you to spend your days trolling GW2 section.

What is your job exactly? Spell checking a phone book? Seriously dude.. get a life :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'ld like to see guild vs guild pvp implemented as well. It was bloody awesome in GW1.
    Don't really get why they haven't implemented it.

LOL it's kinda weird that there are no guild wars in a game called guild wars ...