Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Your favorite MMO class and why?

So ive been thinking, there are SO many MMORPGS out with such a variety of classes, that i wonder what everybody else's favorite class is and why

My favorite is the Rune Keeper (RK) from the MMORPG: Lord of the Rings Online

This is just some RK gameplay, let me explain the mechanics (no it is not me).

The RK is a caster/healer. His main mechanic is his Attunements, which are shown in that silver bar on the left side of the screen in this video. Basically you have 2 sides, Damage and Healing (not the real names but w/e). You start off neutral but as the fight goes on you will continuously be moving in either direction, allowing you to uses stronger moves from both Attunements.

There is a catch though, the farther you move into say the Damage attunement, the move abilities you can use that are from that attunement, but it locks you out of the healing spells. So in order to switch Attunements in the middle of combat, you have Neutral Abilities which start to set you back to Neutral. The more Neutral attacks you use, the closer to Neutral you will become. Better act fast though because you lose Damage or Healing because you are losing the points in that Attunement

I love this mechanic, and when i first played a RK i fell in love immediately

Now i'm done explaining so~~~

What is your favorite MMORPG class?
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

I liked the trooper class from TOR. I liked how you recruited a team to do this big mission and each compainion was an expert at something. Kinda reminded me of Mass Effect 2

High Wizard from Ragnarok Online (before 3rd jobs). My build was 99 dex, 90 int, 40 vit, and I used a Frilldora card for Cloak anywhere.

Bitches be freezin' under my .8 second Storm Gust out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter from WoW, but I pretty much like any class that is ranged and uses a bow. I played a Vanquisher in Torchlight and I plan on playing a Ranger in GW2. I like the freedom it provides really. You don't have to be up close and personal, but you also aren't burdened by the cast times that casters have to sit through. Plus in the example of the Hunter I love having pets in any game and that was the main reason I chose it so long ago.

Assassin from SWTOR, easily. It has elements of all three of my WoW mains, rogue, DK, and warlock. Plus I love Sith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always thought Bonedancers and Theurgists from DAoC were pretty cool. Loved the mechanic of BD's being able to summon a well rounded group with one Commander skeleton then a selection of lesser melee/ranged/healer skeletons, Theurgists simply because watching an army of elementals run into a keep door was funny.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid from WoW. Shapeshifting = awesome

I am incredibly sad to have not found another MMO with a class similar to the druid.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post

I am incredibly sad to have not found another MMO with a class similar to the druid.
    Tis the only reason i would even consider re-subbing to WoW, my feral druid :P.

But, it's not my favorite class of every mmorpg. It's about 3rd, 2nd being a tie between the Squig Herder from Warhammer Online, and the Guardian from Guild Wars 2
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin from WoW. I love the utility of the class (a reason I also love Druids). If I get tired of _______ (healing, tanking, dpsing) I can simply switch to a different spec - currently I'm Holy MS/Ret OS with a fairly decent Prot off-off spec coming along now that DS is essentially on farm.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post

Druid from WoW for me also. I had been playing a Druid since WoW launched (until I took a break for Cata) Still have yet to find a class in any game that feels more natural to me. Pretty much enjoy any Hybrid class in WoW more than the "Pure" classes, Druid>Paladin>Shaman>Everything else. Really hoping Monk turns out to be fun, it might get me back into WoW.

I really like Electricity powers in DCUO, healing people with lightning is pretty badass. Chloromancer in Rift was pretty fun when I was playing that. Haven't really enjoyed any other MMOs enough to break down what I liked and disliked.

Vanguard Trooper from SWTOR. You could leap, AOE stun, freezing grenade, slow, and deathgrip in one spec, and was good at melee and short range kiting. The class is outstanding fun in PvP, being able to deathgrip/harpoon players into acid pits and bottomless pits will never get old, especially if they have the flag/hutball The rifle animation and armor looks nice too, although you can't go wrong with the bounty hunter equivalent either

Imo the most fun MMORPG classes I ever played were from SWTOR. Its like each class has the signature fun moves from other games and its got an action feel to it. The Shadow/Assassin is great fun too, being able to stealth, sprint, and have an AOE knockback is fantastic
    Last edited by oldglory1977; 2012-04-07 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love any class that uses a melee weapon and gets in the thick of the battle, I.E. warrior, paladin, etc... Only thing breaking that for me is the Witch Doctor in Diablo III. That's because he's an eff'ing WITCH DOCTOR. Also, played him in beta and loved it.
    Time is the greatest teacher, but unfortunately, it ends up killing all of its students.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bounty Hunter in star wars. Simply put they have some really iconic abilities that I love. Death From Above being the main one.

Deleted
    Elementalist from Guild Wars probably.

Anything where I get to throw around Fire is game for me.

Deleted
    Hmm, probably the Dervish from original Guild Wars.
    Robes/kilts + scythes and the ability to transform into a avatar of a god? Oh my yes.

Elemental summoner in l2. Warlock in wow!

A simple Warrior in WoW. I've always been a sucker for brutal gladiator bersker-esque classes in any games, the Warrior class in WoW pleases me very much. Shaman, also in WoW, would hit in on a good second.

Bard in EQ.
    I stopped playing a few years back so I won't be familiar with any recent change to the class. But basically it goes as follow:

Bard has always been the jack of all trade class in D&D, and the EQ version is equivalent. They have songs that perform a wide range of functions, including speeding up health and mana regen for the group, haste, resist songs, dealing damage, CC, slowing attack speed, charming NPCs and more. They are also the only class that can cast spells (songs) while moving, and possess the famous 'selos' song that increases your movement speed to be even beyond the fastest mounts.

However, the trick of playing the class is that, most of the songs only lasts for 12 seconds and have a cast time of 3 seconds, which means that, even though you can just keep one song up all the time by only casting that song once, in order to maximize the beneficial/detrimental output of your char, you'll have to constantly be 'twisting' 4 different songs every 12 seconds. Although the /melody 1 2 3 4 macro was added later in the game, since the macro will not automatically target hostile NPCs, it wouldn't help if you have to perform any roles outside of keeping four different beneficial songs up.

It is a very unforgiving mechanic, but maybe the reason why I loved it so much. If you have played EQ you would know that every mob in the game was tuned as a group mob, and it was very possible for 1 single add to wipe your group if it wasn't CCed properly. A good bard would be able to securely CC 2 adds while still keeping necessary beneficial songs up and meleeing the main target. Since pulling is also a vital part of the game, bard is also one of the few classes that have the toolsets (and imo, the most fun one) for the function.

10+ Year Old Account
    warrior in any game is the only way to be

though, I have pretty exclusively only played World of Warcraft as an MMO, so I have a relatively small number of options. Still say Warrior though, simply because of the principles that these classes are generally built upon.

About half of the classes in The Old Republic. Bounty Hunter is just awesome all around. Good dialogue choices, very funny, excellent survivability early on with heavy armor and a healer with dual-wielding pistols (mercenary) and many explosions. Trooper is very similar to Bounty Hunter, but differs in aesthetics (big gun vs two pistols, different looking armor, no jet pack or flamethrower). And yes, it does feel like ME2, with collecting crew members. Jedi Sage is also very fun, especially balance. Focuses on instant casts/channels. The Smuggler is fun, especially the wisecracks he makes. Jedi Guardian is also fun. Not as squishy as the sentinel, but still does decent damage.