Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Yeah, gotta love it ^_^

It was said that he brought down the entire Legion to kneel with a single thought :P that's some badass willpower he's got there :P
    Haha yeah indeed.

Marines would stomp the ground of the alliance. They would be using the M16 with an effective range of over 300 meters. Medium and heavy machine guns, claymores, LAWS rockets, hand grenades. Let that warlock try to get close and whoop there it is.

Deleted
    The entire US has never seen a real war in all of it's 150 year history.
    While it's true that the US hasn't had to fight on its home territory an external foe for it's very existence, unlike most euro countries, as I wouldn't say the 1812 war or the wars vs Mexico count in that respect, you are forgetting the sheer horror of the American civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it where 5000 unarmed peasants they would still easely win by zerging the marines i dont see how this is even a discusion the allaince would crush themm. The OP beign seriously bias for the marines doesnt change much marines arent unbeatable gods, a wow hunter without all his skills and without a pet could still yust shoot one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    Alliance would win. Magic over bullets.
    Magic has no effect in the real world - your magic fizzles in a puff of logic .

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Even if it where 5000 unarmed peasants they would still easely win by zerging the marines i dont see how this is even a discusion the allaince would crush themm. The OP beign seriously bias for the marines doesnt change much marines arent unbeatable gods, a wow hunter without all his skills and without a pet could still yust shoot one.
    I don't know about that a .50 Caliber machine gun would chop through them.

Wait, so does the battle take place in the mountains or in the desert?

Marines win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance would win. If they can use magic, then Marines have no defense against that. Trust me, I know. I'm currently an active duty Marine.
    Makes me wonder how often the US Marines face spellcasters.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I don't know about that a .50 Caliber machine gun would chop through them.
    To addend I think it would go something like:

No clue how accurate at all this is but i thought it would be fun to see u guys rip this appart since it gives some sort of analysis on military power... once again no clue how accurate something like this is at all.
    http://www.globalfirepower.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    1 bullet is enough to kill a man so as long as the marines have at least 50 bullets each they should be able to kill off the alliance soldiers pretty easily from range.

Level of training, situation, are they 100 random guys? are they 100 guys who have fought 10 wars and would jump on a grenade in a split second to save their brothers? What weapons do they have, where exactly are they fighting? are they defending? attacking? ...etc. Likewise for the other side.

Either side could win, you could have nothing more than 5000 dudes with pool noodles win if the situation allows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalama View Post
    No clue how accurate at all this is but i thought it would be fun to see u guys rip this appart since it gives some sort of analysis on military power... once again no clue how accurate something like this is at all.
    http://www.globalfirepower.com/
    A list like that are impossible to make accurate without getting classified information from each nation concerning the "true" capabilities of their tanks/aircrafts/submarines etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    U.S marines are normally not in azeroth...
    Not yet, but just wait. Someone will eventually come up with some half-assed reason to send them there before too much longer. Hell, for all we know, the black-ops guys may already be there now.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mages and healers? The marines are f#%ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ummagummas View Post
    Alliance would win. If they can use magic, then Marines have no defense against that. Trust me, I know. I'm currently an active duty Marine.
    Im sorry it made me chuckle when you said, If they can use magic, then Marines have no defense against that. Trust me, I know. I'm currently an active duty Marine
    Oh really? I dont think anyone besides active duty marines would of known that. Jackass.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    To addend I think it would go something like:
    The technology in current Azeroth would make the Japanese army regulars in that video the equivalent of the Alliance army. They have guns, sniper rifles, crude tanks and airplanes, mortars, rockets, long-distance artillery and FREAKING MAGIC!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    While it's true that the US hasn't had to fight on its home territory an external foe for it's very existence, unlike most euro countries, as I wouldn't say the 1812 war or the wars vs Mexico count in that respect, you are forgetting the sheer horror of the American civil war.
    True that. The Civil war makes for some pretty good horror stories, people chopping their own legs off to prevent death from 1 wound (medicine really sucked in those days). That was a real war. I personally distinguish bullying from wars, and I know that's nothing objective or factual, but apart from the civil war the USA did nothing but bully (picking fights with whom they want, where they want and when they want, the first to throw the rock at the other after confirming that they are 100% superior (and even then they managed to fucked up Vietnam and the recent wars) and taking the high ground before the other side even knows the war is on). The other side got a ''real war'' alright, but the USA still doesn't know what it's like when someone drags you into it on your turf and you didn't want/expect it.

@ zephid: you are definitely right on that and most likely the same goes for knowing the country with the largest military budget that also happens to be the US around 600 or so billion dollars but who knows if others are spend that much or more on their military we just aren’t privy to that information :-|. On a side note @Volta stating that China has the ability flip power on and off all of the US battleships and aircraft shutting down systems and making them useless which very well may be true... assumption are made that if one country is capable another isn’t... just normally doesn't hold true. Please correct me also; I may have misread which I do sometimes :-)

And they showed this old geezer which was probably 70+ years old, who was a judo or grappling master or something along those lines...
    Unfortunately for him, most non-Chinese armies have switched over to firearms, most of which do not have satellite uplink overrides on them. Besides, all cage match fights favor the grapplers, as killing your opponent with a strike to the neck is frowned upon in tournament play, as is poking holes in him with sharp metal object (or fast moving dull ones). The real world is not so kind.

The Chinese tried their usual human-wave tactics against the Vietnamese in 1979 and got their butts handed to them by the Vietnamese border guards and local militias (they didn't even get far enough to meet their regular army units). The PLA is downsizing because they are finally realizing how ineffective their large numbers of (non-mechanized) foot soldiers would be against a modern military and what they have is too big to modernize, not because they have a magic off-switch for every piece of hardware on the planet.