Thread: Site Suggestion

Site Suggestion

Would really like to see this added to the site.

Basically, the "Home, Forum" etc bar floats with you as you scroll down. so that if you are in a thread, you can easily click home, or forum for quicker navigation.

Hope I helped

There is a link to the top at the bottom of the page and a link to the other forums at the bottom right of the topic, before quick reply. Many users are still on screens that are not very tall, so having the bar taking up screen space at all times wouldn't be helpful to them.

Thanks for the feedback!

Well, if you go to lets say, FaceBook. The facebook and search part scrolls with you. Even if you are not on such a big screen, it takes up minimal space. So you essentially can click "home" if you are far down in a thread (especially if you are in a thread with a lot of images, aw mah god those are horrendous) you can easily go back to the home page.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with stuff that scrolls is that it can be really annoying depending on browser, settings, etc. We think that we've put links in the useful places (top and bottom of each page) for navigation, but it's unlikely to happen in a scrolling fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    We think that we've put links in the useful places (top and bottom of each page) for navigation, but it's unlikely to happen in a scrolling fashion.
    Could they are least be the same between the front page and the forum? xD

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it to be the same, but we can't have all the buttons showing at once because of width reasons (can't have it wrapping with minimum width).

I'll go through and see if there's anything we can remove, though... if we can prune it down enough, maybe we can make them at least mostly the same.

Okay, to more elaborate on this. So lets say you have just the top bar going down with you.

Here is an image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So like lets say you get the view of the forums, by scrolling down you get to the bottom of that bar, then it would normally go away.

Basically when it goes away it would snap to the top of the screen and "float" with you down.

Wouldn't take any space and would help with quick links.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly what you mean, but like I said, that kind of 'snap' is extremely annoying in certain browsers/OSes/etc.

There may be a quick alternative: I believe most browsers will go to the top of the page immediately when you hit 'home', and then you can click whichever navigation button you need.

How much freedom do you guys even have to make changes like this to the site? I'd imagine you'd be quite restricted, but Idunno.

I run this "snap" on my own website. It would just float down with you. Go to facebook.com and log in. Now, scroll down. See how the blue bar uptop stays with you while you scroll down? That is what I mean. I know it is not annoying for certain browsers.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This site is already terrible to use on mobile devices. Don't make it any worse. D:
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Obviously you would not have that snap bar for mobile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peni View Post
    Obviously you would not have that snap bar for mobile
    Theres no mobile version of the site, so, yeah, actually you would