Thread: Diablo lore

Deleted

Diablo lore

Hey MMO-Champ,

Diablo 3 will be released in a few weeks, and as most of you have noticed by now, is that there are a lot of people new to Diablo interested and looking forward to it. I am one of those people. I've played a bit in the open beta (it was AMAZING) and I got curious about Diablo 1 & 2 lore.

So I was hoping you could tell me some things that are very important in Diablo, even if it's unimportant for Diablo 3. Like, who were some very important characters? Or maybe you can fill me in on some major events.
    Right now I'm most interested in Tyrael and Diablo, since I came across those name quite a few times.

Thanks for your time. ^^

Yup, I'd like to know as well ...

Deleted
    Same goes for me. Really exited about D3 but never really played D1 and only played D2 for like 1 hour at a friend once :P

So if some1 maybe has a site were we can read the full lore in the right order of events, I'd be very thankful!

Part 1

Part 2

Part3

This basically covers everything up to Diablo 3
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Everything is here, including a concetrated summary. I have yet to go through the entirety of the massive content in there. It's an excellent wiki, in the same vein as wowpedia.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Diablo_Wiki

10+ Year Old Account
    Deckard Cain - the man, the myth, the legend.

Also this could prove useful: http://www.diablowiki.net/Main_Page
    Zhezl - Level 90 Mistweaver Monk.
    Do you really not know anything about how businesses run? What, do you think Blizz is ran by 30 people - 15 of them are working on WoW, 10 of them on SC2, 4 on Diablo, and a retarded donkey worked on this app for a few months? Do you also think that hamsters power their servers and when they get tired, all the servers crash?

Deleted
    I watched the videos and they did explain a lot.
    I just managed to get back on the beta (finally), so I'll check the other links later.

Thanks a lot guys, it was very much appreciated.

Deleted
    Same, those videos explained a lot of the lore/story, and it would make one hell of a movie if they decide to sell the idea.
    They should totally do that, Diablo The Movie, me likesz

Deleted
    Lore is fantastic! But you should've played Diablo 2 when it was released. Myself, I didn't know much about Diablo when I got Diablo 2, but when I played through and I started to understand what's going on, it just became so bloody amazing. Like at the end of Diablo 2 when you see, that there was Baal instead of Tyrael in that "mad house", I was just starring there at the screen, like WTF and yelling oh my god this is so awesome. And moments like that really pumped you up!

I just hope Diablo 3 will have the same moments. Also, don't spoil the lore for yourself when D3 comes out and forums will pretty sure get floded with information about what happens, because the lore will surely be amazing. And you really want to experience it on your own, in a singleplayer.

Because if you like lore in games, this is the one that's really deep. It's not like WoW, that doesn't have as strong guidelines, if you will, but it's really a great story being told.
    Last edited by mmoc56c829a066; 2012-04-21 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Lore is fantastic! But you should've played Diablo 2 when it was released. Myself, I didn't know much about Diablo when I got Diablo 2, but when I played through and I started to understand what's going on, it just became so bloody amazing. Like at the end of Diablo 2 when you see, that there was Baal instead of Tyrael in that "mad house", I was just starring there at the screen, like WTF and yelling oh my god this is so awesome. And moments like that really pumped you up!

I just hope Diablo 3 will have the same moments. Also, don't spoil the lore for yourself when D3 comes out and forums will pretty sure get floded with information about what happens, because the lore will surely be amazing. And you really want to experience it on your own, in a singleplayer.

Because if you like lore in games, this is the one that's really deep. It's not like WoW, that doesn't have as strong guidelines, if you will, but it's really a great story being told.
    I believe the LoD expansion for D2 was released in 2001, I was 8 then. Did not care much about games until a few years later. Tried playing it a few days ago, but it just looks so.. old (duh). And for some reason I simply get annoyed playing games that have graphics that are currently considered bad. I know it sounds weird, I don't really get it either. Guess I'm just spoiled.

And as for the D3 lore, I signed up for the Annual Pass, so I already have it. I'll be playing it lots the moment it gets released. (: