10+ Year Old Account

Question Guild Wars 2 Lore Question

Ok, This may very well get me hated on but im a newbie when it comes to Guild Wars. I have never played it

My question is, Will Guild Wars 2 lore continue on from Guild Wars 1? Do they connect to each other? Do you think it would be worth learning about GW1 lore before release of 2? And if so, How can i do this without buying the GW1 game(s) *Low on cash atm*

Im not normally interested in lore but their is something about Guild wars that makes me want to learn about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Ok, This may very well get me hated on but im a newbie when it comes to Guild Wars. I have never played it

My question is, Will Guild Wars 2 lore continue on from Guild Wars 1? Do they connect to each other? Do you think it would be worth learning about GW1 lore before release of 2? And if so, How can i do this without buying the GW1 game(s) *Low on cash atm*

Im not normally interested in lore but their is something about Guild wars that makes me want to learn about it.

Whatever happens in GW1 happens in GW1, same goes for GW2. EotN is a bridge in between and GW2 is build on the other side.

You will still walk in the same Tyria, but revamped. A lot has happened in the 250 years, but you might see the same landscapes, sightseeing's, references.

The Ascalonian Dungeons is full with NPC's and Bosses from GW1, whom will all turn against you.

But you don't have to play GW1 in order to understand GW2.

gw1 could be seen as major background to certain why and whats in gw2.

We're not a hateful bunch
    yay \o/ someone else interested in the gw universe! will be the general reaction

Here u go:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lore

Also try this once u a bit familiar, it's not that user friendly though: http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Lore

A good place for the path from gw lore to gw2 lore is : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_...t_of_the_World
    I'll post some other links soon for gw2 related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    EotN is not a "bridge" it's set in the same period as the rest of the original GW campaigns (everything is within 15 years or so).
    That's correct, however the bridge I was talking about is that GW:EN introduced;

Norn
    Background of the Charr
    Asura's
    Development of the Sylvari
    The Eye of the North which would connect both games
    Expansion of the world of Tyria
    Introduction of the Elder Dragons.

All of this was created to introduce Guild Wars 2, that's the bridge I was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    EotN is not a "bridge" it's set in the same period as the rest of the original GW campaigns (everything is within 15 years or so).
    EotN is not Guild Wars Beyond is. Also there are events from GW1 consequences of which you will recognize in GW2.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.