Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Latest patch, anyone understand what happened? monkwise?

Hey, can anyone tell me what actually happened to monks?

Its appropiate for that Not sure if meme, Buff or nerf? or even no change

Breath of Fire got a definite nerf, and it looks like they took weapon scaling off of most of the abiltiies (Blackout Kick, RSK etc).

Some of it is hard to tell. For the most part, it looks like they broke the spell up to have different tooltips per spec instead of having to go read what the passive for that spec do. Swift Reflexes, Black Out Kick, Tiger Palm, Expel Harm, Fists of Fury, Keg Smash, Rising Sun Kick, and Spinning Crane Kick all had their text changed to be this way, and they all look like their multiplier went from 7.1% to 9.1% AP, but I'm not 100% certain about that.

Example: They added the tooltip to BoK for Breawmasters to say - "Also causes you to gain Shuffle, increasing your parry chance by 20% and your Stagger amount by an additional 20% for 6 sec." where previously that was mentioned in the Passive - Brewmaster Training.

Fists of Fury, Keg Smash, and Rising Sun Kick seem to each have spec specific text as well, even though they aren't available to all specs.

Some are Genuine changes:
    Leg Sweep CD up to 45 sec from 25 sec.
    Breath of Fire Dot from Dizzying Haze got a large nerf - 66%
    Elusive Brew - 9 sec cd up from 1, but you get 3 stacks per crit up from 2.
    Mistweavers now gain Tiger Strikes as a passive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    Mistweavers now gain Tiger Strikes as a passive.
    Mistweavers have always had Tiger Strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Mistweavers have always had Tiger Strikes.
    I guess they just decided to put that up on the tooltip now. Was previously blank space.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    and it looks like they took weapon scaling off of most of the abiltiies (Blackout Kick, RSK etc).
    Nah. That wouldn't make any sense at all. But formulas are kind of gibberish at the moment. Only definite thing I can see is that Tiger Power ARP got doubled, so now it's definitely worth it to keep it up instead of just letting it drop if no TP mastery procs. Which is very good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Nah. That wouldn't make any sense at all. But formulas are kind of gibberish at the moment. Only definite thing I can see is that Tiger Power ARP got doubled, so now it's definitely worth it to keep it up instead of just letting it drop if no TP mastery procs. Which is very good change.
    I saw this too and figured taking out weapon scaling couldn't be the case. If you look at each ability it has Brewmaster's abilities as not scaling with weapon damage whereas Windwalker's and Mistweaver's do.

We should probably assume that either the datamining on it is wrong or Wowdb didn't mark the changes correctly.

Wtb WW monk buff imo XD

What's happening with Fists of Fury? According to all that it's baseline Monk? Wonder how that'll be for Mistweavers in terms of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
    What's happening with Fists of Fury? According to all that it's baseline Monk? Wonder how that'll be for Mistweavers in terms of healing.
    99.99% sure it's datamining error. Otherwise everyone is getting Keg Smash etc.

I'm okay with that too!

Tiger Strikes now says Mistweaver and Windwalker only, Brewmasters seem to have lost it. I guess it was too good with Elusive Brew.

Seems like they are nerfing brewmaster dps because they thought they were too good with the vengence change to be that % of dmg taken thing.

brewmaster was decent enough dps without vengeance.

Now the post has been cleaned, but we still don't know if the abilities were buffed or nerfed, and how much. Guess we'll have to wait for beta servers to come up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has there been a blue post about this yet? Every Monk skill got a rework of the damage formula, in many cases seemingly as a nerf.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They added " / ows" to the weapon damage portions of all the skills, maybe they're normalizing us for weapon speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... not sure about this change... Seem Brews lost Tiger Strikes, which is a shame but far from a dealbreaker.

BoF DoT got a nerf, expected, it was already doing pretty crazy damage, add in the increased AP from the Vengeance change and ddaammnn.

EB got a bit of a nerf, theorycrafters had worked out dropping it for basically 1 or 2 stacks was actually a good idea, and resulted in VERY high uptime, I guess we're just meant to pool it and use it at max stacks...

Leg Sweep gets a higher CD. It's still an AoE stun on a short CD, now it's gone from 'lolcrazygood' to just good, still my solid pick on that tier for every spec.

Then we get to the.... tricky part...

We knew BM damage was getting nerfed (anyone whose seen raid logs from the last week knows why ) but this seems an odd way to do it... from the tooltips it seems they're removed weapon scaling, but increased AP scaling.. This would be a fairly bad idea IMO, as increased AP scaling would only increase the effect of vengeance, and removing weapon scaling would make our weapons just stat sticks, massively harming our scaling tier to tier. This seems pretty counterproductive, considering the nerfs were supposed to lower the scaling with Vengeance, but leave the baseline mostly untouched, so that our damage in low/average vengeance situations stays the same, but in extreme vengeance situations our damage doesn't go sky high.

Guess we have to just wait for the official patch notes, combined with some testing one the servers are back up to see what's going down.

p.s. Dokhidamo epic quote in the sig Madoka FTW!
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2012-08-15 at 02:29 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    Tiger Strikes now says Mistweaver and Windwalker only, Brewmasters seem to have lost it. I guess it was too good with Elusive Brew.

Just played the Beta on my BM monk, It says I can learn it from the trainer in the BM tab.

Ran small dummy test with my 85 premade WW Monk:

Before patch, I was getting ~27k DPS.
    After patch, I'm getting ~27k DPS.

Sure, my personal data is not very reliable. Anyone else care to test things out and post whether their DPS increased or decreased after the patch?